OT: UFC 167 last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OT: UFC 167 last night

There are several fight fans here on the forum so did anyone catch the fight card last night?  Great card, good and interesting fights.  What did you think about the GSP vs Hendricks split decision?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: OT: UFC 167 last night

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are several fight fans here on the forum so did anyone catch the fight card last night?  Great card, good and interesting fights.  What did you think about the GSP vs Hendricks split decision?

[/QUOTE]

I was trying to watch that fight last night.  Thought it started at 1:00 A.M. EST....but messed up. Guess it was 10:00 P.M. EST....how did the fight go?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

The fight was hard for me to make up my mind about.  First thoughts was GSP totally lost to hendricks. Then when i went to mma share and looked at the round by round strikes landed and such lightly favored GSP. I think the problem with the scoring system is often the judges just go by volumme instead quality of the strikes that land.  Also I don't know how much of a close round automatical leans to the champs favor.  It was  good fight and personally I though Hendricks did enough to win but they say goes to be the champ you have to beat the champ and not leave it up to the judges.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Amazing fight!  Hendricks inflicted much more damage than GSP, but GSP was busier and with the current scoring system I am not shocked that GSP got the decision victory. 

If you would turn off the volume and rewatch the fight you would probably notice that it was much closer than what Rogan and Goldberg were broadcasting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amazing fight!  Hendricks inflicted much more damage than GSP, but GSP was busier and with the current scoring system I am not shocked that GSP got the decision victory. 

If you would turn off the volume and rewatch the fight you would probably notice that it was much closer than what Rogan and Goldberg were broadcasting. 

[/QUOTE]

yah that is what i thought.. after the first round GSP landed more shots but man Hendricks throws with evil intentions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

saw the highlights, but really couldn't say who might have won based on the highlights.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The whole card was very good, imo.  I was actually surprised GSP got the decision. The fight as a whole I felt Hendricks won the fight, Hendricks had the biggest round which was round 2.  But breaking down the scoring it could have really gone either way.  Round 1 was the decider and it was very close.  Arguments could certainly be made for both sides. 

2 of the judges were boxing judges and they both gave GSP the first round which decided the fight.  GSP won rounds 1, 3 and 5 on 2 of the 3 cards.  I don't think Hendricks was robbed and I would have been fine had he got the decision.  It was close, lots of people using the way the two fighters physically looked after the fight to make an argument for Hendricks which is totally unfair just like the punch stats are unfair to use on who won the fight.

There were several of us watching the fights together 6 had Hendricks, 2 had GSP.

GSP usually performs better in rematches and I would expect him to win a rematch.  

Can't believe the UFC has been going on for 20 years.  Been following MMA/NHB for all 20 years.  Amazing to see where the sport is today compared to UFC 1.  Wow!  How time flies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

GSP had better takedowns and more punches. For those of you arguing that Hendricks had harder or better quality punches, well.....they clearly didn't work. GSP was still standing and in a fight with limited time to KO or tap out your opponent when both are left standing the guy with the most punches is usually going to get the victory. GSP also KOed or tapped most all of his opponents on his way to winning the belt. Hendricks couldn't KO or tap out GSP so why should he get the belt? I see how it was close a close fight, but don't see why so many people think the belt should be so easily handed over  to Hendricks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

My only question after reading all the post fight comments is who tapped out in the first round but there was no stoppage? From what I read one of the two guys was tapping the other guys leg furiously but the ref didn't step in. Whoever did that won the fight and I have no horse in the race. My reasoning for saying that person was the real winner is because nothing after that would have counted. Also there seemed to be a lot of upset Kendrick fans upset about the decision, remember this to become the champ in most cases you must render him unconcious or in MMA make him tapout.

Sections
Shortcuts