OT - UFC 168 tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OT - UFC 168 tonight

I know there are some MMA fans here so who's watching tonight?

Here are the big fights on the card..

-Chris Weidman - Champion (10-0) vs. Anderson Silva (33-5) - Rematch
    -Ronda Rousey - Champion (7-0) vs. Miesha Tate (13-4)
    -Travis Browne (15-1-1) vs. Josh Barnett (33-6)

I want Weidman to win but I'm picking Silva winning his title back

Ronda Rousey will keep her title with an arm bar of course

Josh Barnett wins and earns a shot at the HW title

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Re: OT - UFC 168 tonight

Can't wait!   Hoping for weidman and Barnett to win also, but would not want to make much of a wager on it either way. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't wait!   Hoping for weidman and Barnett to win also, but would not want to make much of a wager on it either way. 

[/QUOTE]

Anderson is getting older, been at this a long time but when he takes a fight serious and doesn't clown around then he is dangerous everywhere in the cage.  Unfortunately, I think this is the Anderson who shows up tonight.

Barnett is 10-1 since 2008, only loss was against the amazing Daniel Cormier.  Josh can ko or sub anyone, I think he hurts Browne standing then subs him late in round 2.

Rousey vs Tate is going to be a very fun fight to watch.  They don't like each other and one thing about women MMA fights is they don't disappoint.  They put on some of the best fights.  Tate is better on the feet and that is her only chance is to keep the fight standing.  But Rousey is an Olympic Judo bronze winner and she can take anyone to the ground.  Rousey goes 8-0 with her 8th armbar.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Rousey is beatable...haven't seen much of Tate so don't know what her skill base is...

If Tate can keep the fight standing or has improved her ground game should be able to pull it off.

Ronda was getting beat up standing last fight, she did show some grit when her opp. had her back but if her only mJor weapon is an armbar eventally she is going to run into a wall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I love Travis Browne... tough SOB, loved his front kick to the face knockout of Overeem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love Travis Browne... tough SOB, loved his front kick to the face knockout of Overeem.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't love how an exhausted overeem kept on taking front kicks to the face until one finally connected. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind seeing him win.  I still hold a grudge against Barnett for him failing the drug test prior to his fight with Fedor, which canceled their fight. That was the fight everyone was wanting at the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rousey is beatable...haven't seen much of Tate so don't know what her skill base is...

If Tate can keep the fight standing or has improved her ground game should be able to pull it off.

Ronda was getting beat up standing last fight, she did show some grit when her opp. had her back but if her only mJor weapon is an armbar eventally she is going to run into a wall.

[/QUOTE]

But beatable by who?  The only female I can see that really has a legit chance is Cris Cyborg.  Kaufman was one who was really supposed to give Rousey a tough fight and Ronda destryed her in less then 1 minute.  Rouseys weakness is her stand up but she is training it with some of the best and I see improvements every fight.  But tate's best chance is to catch Ronda with some big punches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't love how an exhausted overeem kept on taking front kicks to the face until one finally connected. 

[/QUOTE]

I felt Overeem has always been over rated.  Over-Rated Reem. LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But beatable by who?  The only female I can see that really has a legit chance is Cris Cyborg.  Kaufman was one who was really supposed to give Rousey a tough fight and Ronda destryed her in less then 1 minute.  Rouseys weakness is her stand up but she is training it with some of the best and I see improvements every fight.  But tate's best chance is to catch Ronda with some big punches.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying Tate is going to beat her, all I'm saying is her skill set isn't that diverse yet. She reminds me of the early UFC champs that all had big openings in thier game. Womans MMA is growing and soon thier will be serious well rounded challengers that aren't going to ever be in a posistion

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying Tate is going to beat her, all I'm saying is her skill set isn't that diverse yet. She reminds me of the early UFC champs that all had big openings in their game. Womans MMA is growing and soon thier will be serious well rounded challengers that aren't going to ever be in a position.  Maybe because she is so good in judo and jujitsu that we don't see her play up other area but Stand she hasn't impressed me and I think a great jujitsu person would never let their arm taken so easily

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

grrr sorry hate posting from phone... doesn't let me edit, and twice it posted before i was finished... randomly... I give up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm not saying Tate is going to beat her, all I'm saying is her skill set isn't that diverse yet. She reminds me of the early UFC champs that all had big openings in thier game. Womans MMA is growing and soon thier will be serious well rounded challengers that aren't going to ever be in a posistion

[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying. Would it totally shock me if Tate won tonight?  No, not really.  It's a fight, anything can happen.  Tate seems to be very well rounded both on her feet and the ground. I certainly could see her catching Rousey with a big punch or series of punches to put Rousey out, but I think her chances are pretty slim.  I think Rousey's stand up will look much improved tonight. 

You talk about the early UFC, the were amazing.  The build up of those tournament style fights were pretty awesome, and fighters had to fight 3 fights in one night to win the tournament... those were great! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Barnett will cut an amusing promo if he wins

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anderson is getting older, been at this a long time but when he takes a fight serious and doesn't clown around then he is dangerous everywhere in the cage.  Unfortunately, I think this is the Anderson who shows up tonight.

Barnett is 10-1 since 2008, only loss was against the amazing Daniel Cormier.  Josh can ko or sub anyone, I think he hurts Browne standing then subs him late in round 2.

Rousey vs Tate is going to be a very fun fight to watch.  They don't like each other and one thing about women MMA fights is they don't disappoint.  They put on some of the best fights.  Tate is better on the feet and that is her only chance is to keep the fight standing.  But Rousey is an Olympic Judo bronze winner and she can take anyone to the ground.  Rousey goes 8-0 with her 8th armbar.

[/QUOTE]

Rousey gives me wood....sorry, just being honest! Imagine being in a car looking for a parking space at the mall for Christmas shopping, with her in the passenger seat next to you, and some woman cuts you off and into the only open space....I'm going to have that dream tonight!!!...LMFAO! CAT FIGHT...CAT FIGHT!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Well Rousey ground game is sick... the judo is really a major advantage for her.  Her hands were much better.  I guess I judge the woman fighter too tough because they often just stay stright up and throw but today she looked good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

All I can say is ouch about the last fight!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

anderson had a great career, but it's over. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree i can't see him at 38 being able to rehab a year then get into fighting shape... I would hate to see him a shadow of himself.  Also you have to think age help caused that break. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

And the fact that and arm punch almost totally put him to sleep. His chin is gone too. Same thing happened to chuck Liddell 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Rousey is great and a tragic injury to Silva. May be a career ender.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to melswitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rousey gives me wood....sorry, just being honest! Imagine being in a car looking for a parking space at the mall for Christmas shopping, with her in the passenger seat next to you, and some woman cuts you off and into the only open space....I'm going to have that dream tonight!!!...LMFAO! CAT FIGHT...CAT FIGHT!!!

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  Yeah, a tough sexy chick can do that to a person!

I wouldn't take her parking spot!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Well Rousey ground game is sick... the judo is really a major advantage for her.  Her hands were much better.  I guess I judge the woman fighter too tough because they often just stay stright up and throw but today she looked good.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, her ground game is top notch.  Hard to find any female fighter better then her on the ground.   Her judo throws are unbelievable, she was tossing Tate around like a rag doll.  Most entertaining fight of the night, imo. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he is done.  Great career but I don't see him coming back from that at his age. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize Browne was so much bigger then Barnett.  What a great win for Browne, those elbows were vicious!

Sections
Shortcuts