OT - UFC 170 - Rousey vs. McMann SAT 2/22/14

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: OT - UFC 170 - Rousey vs. McMann SAT 2/22/14

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

That's my girl! She whupped another wanna be! Rhonda was about to lay a serious whupping on McMann when she hit her with the knee to the liver, the next moves would have left McMann in traction for awhile..

Yep.  She needs some competition.  Super fight with Cris Cyborg, please!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

I didn't say she was all that - but, I think she's better than Tate.  Tate may have experience over McMann - and McMann has a good ways to go. Like you said, she still has some proving to do.  

The Rousey-McMann fight did not last very long, and like I said, I think McMann had the upper hand when they were duking it out toe-to-toe. And, again, imo - the fight was called a little early. From what little I've seen of McMann - I think she's going to be around for a little while.

I think Meshia Tate has good stand up, Meshia got the better of Rousey in the standup too but we know what happened there.. twice!  Just for the record, Tate has a few KO's and McMann only has 1 win via ko.  I think Mishia would beat Mcmann.  Of course we will never know unless they fight but you have to remember Meisha was a very good wrestler also.  Not the same caliber as McMann but Tate was on the boys wrestling team in HS. She isn't a chump in the wrestling department.  But she transitioned to MMA much sooner the McMann did.  I think Tate is further along skill wise.

Yeah, we always wish fights would go longer because we just never know what would have happened.  But I think Rousey would have tossed McMann around whenever she wanted to and then would have submitted her.  Not Sure Cat can give Rousey a big test but Cat has a ton of heart and might be able to survive for a while.

Great discussion!!

Oh, and the reason why I thought Carmouche was closer to beating Rousey was the rear naked choke early in that fight. I don't remember all of the details, but Carmouche was really close- I think Rousey had a hand in there...and also bit her...finally shaking her off her back. I'd like to see that rematch too!!

Tough to pull of a rear naked choke like that, and her arm was never under Rouseys chin, the arm was over the mouth, cranking the head.  Rousey never looked paniced, imo.  Let Rhonda clean out the division before anymore rematches. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I didn't say she was all that - but, I think she's better than Tate.  Tate may have experience over McMann - and McMann has a good ways to go. Like you said, she still has some proving to do.  

The Rousey-McMann fight did not last very long, and like I said, I think McMann had the upper hand when they were duking it out toe-to-toe. And, again, imo - the fight was called a little early. From what little I've seen of McMann - I think she's going to be around for a little while.

I think Meshia Tate has good stand up, Meshia got the better of Rousey in the standup too but we know what happened there.. twice!  Just for the record, Tate has a few KO's and McMann only has 1 win via ko.  I think Mishia would beat Mcmann.  Of course we will never know unless they fight but you have to remember Meisha was a very good wrestler also.  Not the same caliber as McMann but Tate was on the boys wrestling team in HS. She isn't a chump in the wrestling department.  But she transitioned to MMA much sooner the McMann did.  I think Tate is further along skill wise.

Yeah, we always wish fights would go longer because we just never know what would have happened.  But I think Rousey would have tossed McMann around whenever she wanted to and then would have submitted her.  Not Sure Cat can give Rousey a big test but Cat has a ton of heart and might be able to survive for a while.

Great discussion!!

In regards to how it finished, the ref could have let the fight at least go on another 15-30 seconds to gauge how injured McMann actually was.  

I don't remember which fight it was earlier in the night; but there was that one fight where a guy was getting pummeled - and I thought that fight should have been stopped earlier (it was the one with the African-American referee.

Anyway, it's fun watching some of these fights.

Yeah, probably so but Herb Dean is an experienced ref, and he has fought before so he knows whats going on in there.  McMann dropped to her knees covering her body while Rousey landed 3-4 strikes to her head. That's not intelligently defending herself, lol!

The other fight you mentioned, was that the Mike Pyle fight?  If so then I agree, that went on a tad too long.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

LMAO.

Funny how your photographic memory doesn't work so well.

1) you called it a judo hold, I called it an arm bar

2) you posted a definition that said the arm bar originated from Jiu Jitsu, I educated you by stating you didn't know the difference between Judo and Jiu Jitsu

3) Where did I say McMann was going to win?  I said that Rousey was favored and that I thought McMann would put up a better fight than Tate.

4) Just saying the same thing over and over again - doesn't make it true.

So, guess what? You're wrong on all 4 counts 

Saying otherwise is futile on your part. You know why? You have zero facts.  If so, provide actual proof. 

Yeah, I didn't think so.  So easy....

buh-bye. Ur back on iggie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

LMAO.

Funny how your photographic memory doesn't work so well.

1) you called it a judo hold, I called it an arm bar

2) you posted a definition that said the arm bar originated from Jiu Jitsu, I educated you by stating you didn't know the difference between Judo and Jiu Jitsu

3) Where did I say McMann was going to win?  I said that Rousey was favored and that I thought McMann would put up a better fight than Tate.

4) Just saying the same thing over and over again - doesn't make it true.

So, guess what? You're wrong on all 4 counts 

Saying otherwise is futile on your part. You know why? You have zero facts.  If so, provide actual proof. 

Yeah, I didn't think so.  So easy....

buh-bye. Ur back on iggie.

I'm right, you're wrong, wrong, wrong...
    Anyone who knows Judo knows it's the same thing as jiu-jitsu in practice...ever learn any martial arts?..I have...so fill the room with your intelligence you cat mongering NY Jets Troll..

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Give me another chance to laff in your face in public goober...

BHWAHAHAHAHA!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

LMAO

Obviously, you have difficulty understanding the simple instructions - just like you have difficulty counting and understanding the definitions/concept of "all" or "almost all".

Instructions for you to follow:

1) Read #4 above.  #4 applies to your most recent post.

2) Provide actual proof if you feel that #1-4 are not true.

Another EPIC FAILURE on your part, don't you think? Laughing

I am hardly surprised about your most recent response.  The problem is that there was zero substance - and certainly, ZERO FACTS AS USUAL.

And you actually wonder why noone takes you seriously or believes anything you say?

May I suggest remedial math and reading to assist you?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

Nope. Wrong again. I'm using this username - and I have my original username that was created over 5 years ago. Nice try tho.

What you're really saying is that you don't have any proof whatsoever to state your case.

3 posts from you - all unsubstantiated.  #4 applies to all three of your posts. All you've done is make things up - just like Rusty.

You're just upset because many different people pick on Rusty and that he gets abused on here daily, sort of like you.

What's hilarious is that I don't have to do much to prove my case because you do it for me. Your MO parallels Rusty's and your ability to debate is as bad as Rusty's. Laughing

What's next from you - another post with no facts to subsantiate your argument? Another name calling post?  Another picture? Another post declaring victory when you actually came in last place?

I'm fine with that if it makes you feel better about yourself when your'e crying yourself to sleep at night....lol. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

The only person who can beat Honda is Cris Cyborg, she is a beast.

now that cyborg's been busted for roids, methinks her "power" and stamina will naturally vanish as well!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

now that cyborg's been busted for roids, methinks her "power" and stamina will naturally vanish as well!

That was back in January 2012.  She has fought and won twice since then and her last fight she beat the very tough 2nd ranked Featherweight fighter Marloes Coenen with a 4th round destruction.  Marloes Coenen is no slouch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

That was back in January 2012.  She has fought and won twice since then and her last fight she beat the very tough 2nd ranked Featherweight fighter Marloes Coenen with a 4th round destruction.  Marloes Coenen is no slouch.

who is Rousey slated to fight next?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rousey's next fight is against Cat Zingano, I believe.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

LMAO....BUST-CHISE is a widdle baby...

Sections
Shortcuts