OT: UFC 175

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

OT: UFC 175

Any predictions? First fight of the tv prelims was a nice knock out. I am rooting for Machida I think but I like both guys. In this case just going with the older underdog.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: OT: UFC 175

This should be a good UFC tonight with two championships on the line and some good fights scheduled on the main card.

My picks on the main card....

Marcus Brimage (6-2) vs. Russell Doane (13-3) - Don't know much about either guy but Brimage is fighting out of the tough American Top Team gym so I will take him in this fight.

Uriah Hall (8-4) vs. Thiago Marreta (9-2) - Marreta coming out of Brazil has a good record but I don't know any of the guys he has fought. Hall on the other hand just put the tough and rugged Chris Leben into retirement with a first round destruction in his last fight.  My prediction... Uriah Hall by KO.

Stefan Struve (25-6) vs. Matt Mitrione (7-3) - What a fight this should be.  I like watching both these guys fight, Mitrione is a tough heavy handed fighter who put in a little time in the NFL.  He is fighting out of the Duke Rufus camp and if you followed fighting over the years you know Rufous was awesome during his kickboxing days and has some good fighters in his camp.  Struve on the other hand has been around the block, he has fought a lot and been in the fight game a long time.  He is 7' tall and is known for his submission wins but lately he has been finishing people on the feet.  I could see Mitrone getting inside Struve's long reach and knocking him out but I think that is wishful thinking here.  Struve will is keep Mitrione on the outside and land big punches and some wicked kicks, hurting Mitrone, then taking him to the ground where he will submit Matt.  My prediction - Struve by submission.

Ronda Rousey (9-0) vs. Alexis Davis (16-5) for Rousey's title.  Nobody can beat Ronda Rousey right now, if it was to happen it would have already happened while Rousey was new to the sport. Rousey is a former Olympic Judo bronze medal winner and her judo is sick.  Not only that, she has been working a lot on her standup with some of the best in the business.  Davis is tough, she has some good wins over some tough female fighters, but she isn't in Ronda's league.  Of course she has the Buster Douglas chance here, lmao, but Ronda is going to destroy her.  The interesting question is how.  Will Ronda go in wanting to show her improved stand up skills and go for the KO?  Perhaps.  My prediction - Rousey lands big punches, shows off her stand up but ultimately finishes the fight with another 1st round armbar.

Chris Weidman (11-0) vs. Lyoto Machida (21-4) for Weidmans Middleweight title.  A very interesting matchup here, styles make fights and I think these guys styles against each other could possibly make it one of those boring at times, 5 round decision fights.  Weidman is a perfect 11-0, coming off a freak win over Anderson Silva who broke his leg from a kick to the shin in their last fight.  But in their first fight there were some clues on how to beat Weidman.  Silva was having his way with Weidamn on the feet before he got cocky and got tagged with a solid punch, getting knocked out and losing his title to Weidman.  Machida is an elusive counter puncher, fights at weird angles, waiting to counter what the other guy does.  He will wait to engage and then all of a sudden unleashes some wickedness.  Weidman is a solid puncher with one punch ko power and has a solid wrestling background.  Both guys can win by submission.  My prediction - It will be kind of a boring stand up fight at times with Machida waiting to counter and Weidman being cautions.  During the stand up Weidman will land some shots, Machida will counter and Weidman will take Machida to the ground and work his ground and pound (nothing like the lame Jets ground and pound).  This is how the fight will go for 5 Rounds and Weidman wins a unanimous 5 round decision to keep his belt. 

Enjoy the fights!

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Apparently Stefan Struve fainted in the locker room and will not be able to fight tonight.  Damn, that's too bad.  Hopefully he is okay, wishing the best for him.  But man, that would have been a fun fight to watch.  Was really looking forward to that one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[/QUOTE]

I hope he is ok too... Enlarged heart is a very difficult thing to deal with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I agree with you on both championship fights but if one of the challengers has a chance I will give it to Machida.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Damn Ronda just wiped that girl in 30. Buffalo wild wings is going crazy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Main event was great!

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ok night of fights that pretty much ended up as I figured with the exception of the Marcus Brimage vs Russell Doane fight.  Didn't know much about either one of them.

Too bad about Struve, not sure what the actual medical report will be.  At first it was considered an anxiety attach then there were some rumblings about his heart condition from over a year ago.  Hope everything checks out ok.

Rousey with a 16 second KO from ground and pound.  Yep, she is so far ahead of everyone else it's not even funny.  I don't want to see a 3rd fight with Misha Tate, wonder how Kat Zingano is coming along?  Even though I think she beats Cat Zingano fairly easy it would at least be someone new for her to fight.  Really want to see Rousey and Cristiane Cyorg fight at the the featherweight limit or a catch weight.  That would be a excellent fight.  Don't know who I would pick for that one.  Rousey looks good on the feet in training but once the fight starts she backs straight up with her chin up, a big no, no.  She did get tagged once tonight from that and if she doesn't fix that Cyborg can knock her out.  Ronda would need to toss her around and get her to the ground and submit her.

The Weidman-Machida fight was ok, the only round that was really exciting was the 5th round.  Weidman was gassed in the 4th and was in a little trouble, which ended up being the only tound he lost, imo.  And then the 5th was Weidman until the final minute where Machida was going for broke.  I have seen much better and more exciting championship fights, not sure why this one is getting so much praise.

Over all, not a very exciting night of fights, imo.  We missed out on a good one between Struve and Mintrone which would have made the night of fights better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Don't forget to tune in tonight on fox sports 1 for the TUF finale main event of Frankie Edgar vs BJ Penn. should be a good fight. - my pick is Frankie Edgar by decision. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Robert Drysdale finally was able to make his ufc debut and had a quick victory.  

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Always have been hearing rave reviews about Guto Inocente. Get to see what he's all about tonight. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Always have been hearing rave reviews about Guto Inocente. Get to see what he's all about tonight. 

[/QUOTE]

yeah, Filho should be interesting to watch. I haven't seen him fight before.