OTA Injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: OTA Injury

It sucks, but I can't see a shoulder/arm injury being something too serious.  Hopefully he's okay for TC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I love all the info that is available to us nowadays but I also hate all the info that is available to us nowadays!  Thank goodness there is still a lot of time between now and the start of the season.  As long as no SERIOUS injuries then most of these smaller injuries should be ok.  Still, they need to be out there learning and practicing so I guess we need to just mark these things up as being part of the game.  Even if it does seem like the Pats get more then their fair share of injuries.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

It sucks, but I can't see a shoulder/arm injury being something too serious.  Hopefully he's okay for TC.

Well, it's better than a leg but I seem to recall Bodden losing a season to a rotator cuff or some such thing, so let's hope it aint that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Dusty Bottoms' comment:

Oh, this sucks.  Hopefully it's nothing too, too serious because this would be a huge blow.  How does one get injured in OTAs with a shoulder?

Could have fallen on it while in coverage - apparently they were in 11 on 11 drills.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That stinks but injures in camp happen. That's why you need to build some depth in FA, esp when the contracts being handed out were dirt cheap for the position. But, at least we have Rutgers entire secondary  lol 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Some good news is that it was reported that Hernandez was spotted catching passes.  Bodes well for his availability for TC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

What is the deal with this team and injuries? I know every team has injuries, but this happens every single year. Who on earth are the strength and conditioning coaches? Are these guys working out during the offseason? 

It isn't just major freak injuries but the little nagging injuries that get me. 

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

carted off the field sounds serious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Has it been confirmed that it was off the field and not from the field? Difference being, the practice field is about 3/4 of a mile from the locker room. Any injury and they tend to cart them from the practice frield to the locker room (even if they walked off the practice field on their own) but if they had to bring the cart onto the field to come get him then that's pretty serious

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Hopefully its not too serious, losing Dennard would sting. The cart could have been used for convenience. It could be as simple as a separated shoulder, I've had that happen to me before and while not the most severe shoulder injury it is painfull, especially when walking around with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ridley's sore hamstring worries me more............that injury can linger

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jeff HoweJeff Howe @jeffphowe 5m

As expected, Ridley (right hammy) and Ballard (left ankle) did not suffer any sort of serious injury today. They're fine, I'm told.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Has it been confirmed that it was off the field and not from the field? Difference being, the practice field is about 3/4 of a mile from the locker room. Any injury and they tend to cart them from the practice frield to the locker room (even if they walked off the practice field on their own) but if they had to bring the cart onto the field to come get him then that's pretty serious

[/QUOTE]

Carted him from the sideline

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Carted him from the sideline

[/QUOTE]

ok, from the sideline in OTA's isn't as bad as from the field itself. It still can be something serious like a separated shoulder or a broken collerbone but if he couldn't even get off the field I'd be more worried

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

likely a separated shoulder or broken collerbone.  Neither would be good, but either should be able to heal up by the start of the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to Dusty Bottoms' comment:

From NESN.com:

"Dennard injured his left shoulder near the end of practice, getting attention from trainers and eventually being carted off the field for further examination. Bill Belichick even came over to talk with Dennard before he was carted off, making the injury appear serious enough for the head coach’s attention."

Is it me or can you tell immediately when it's a shoulder separation?  Pretty sure you can.  I wonder if it's a jam and they're looking to X Ray for a broken collar bone?

Yes, with very high certainty they can tell right away. I'm not a doctor but knew immediately when I separated my shoulder. I could be mistaken but isn't that what happened to Rodney Harrison against the Panthers in the Super Bowl? 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

likely a separated shoulder or broken collerbone.  Neither would be good, but either should be able to heal up by the start of the season.

Yes I agree, it's unfortunate but there is plenty of time. If Dowling could stay healthy we have one very secondary. Really looking forward to seeing this team play.