OTA Updates: 5.21

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: OTA Updates: 5.21

In response to APpats21's comment:

Wish Boyce was healthy enough to take part in this. I really wanna see what he can do.

It mentions Boyce as a participant.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

one question...Where is Cannon lineing up...RG,Lg,1st team,second...Expect him to push Connolly back in to C...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good stuff!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Wish Boyce was healthy enough to take part in this. I really wanna see what he can do.

It mentions Boyce as a participant.

Oops glossed over that. But an ESPN Boston article i read mentioned him as "on the field but non-participants in drills." I wonder what they had him doing then.

Waterboy until his pinky toe is healed. Water and towels!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Seem like Hightower has already passed Mayo

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Cannon was at RG, 1st team, with Svitek at RT while Connoly and Vollmer still rehabbing.

Interesting. See, that's kind of where Cannon looks like he would work a bit better to me.  I wonder if the idea is to move him in there, see how he looks for a whole camp and get the running game going.

Our strong side run game hasn't been as good as the left side in recent years.  Cannon is much bigger than Connolly, not that COnnolly isn't a good zone blocker, but I just wonder if it's going to be a situation where if they do want more in line TE sets, the I formations, the more run based formations, if they are looking to add some beef to the right side of the line.

Cannon stepping into the starting line up pushes Wendell back into the back up role, where he belongs. Also Wendell entering his contract year as a back up will save $$$. Besides BB should want the best 5 OL players on the field at the same time...Plus Connolly originaly broke into the starting line up at C when Koppen went down.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

connolly is rehabing an injury, thats why cannon is in with the starters. he was always projected to be a guard in the pros, this is a big chance for him. i like connolly's toughness but cannon has a lot more talent. i think if cannon wins the job it doesnt affect wendell, who was good last year. connolly goes back to his backup role of all 3 interior positions, where his versatility is so useful.

also, reiss mentioned seeing adrian wilson and how big he looks in the secondary, so i guess zuri missed him. i'm already missing bedard's insight this time of year. he was the one who kept saying going back to OTA's last year that the team really wanted McCourty at safety, and that Ras-I did not look good coming back from his hip injury. obvious things looking back now, but during last season nobody else was reporting that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Seem like Hightower has already passed Mayo

Hightower was playing in place of a missing Spikes.  

Mayo was just voted the 13th best player in the AFC by BDC, kind of small potatoes compared to the Associated Press Rookie Of The Year, SI Rookie Of The Year, Pro Football Weekly Rookie Of The Year, ESPN Rookie Of The Year, 2X Pro Bowl, All Pro Team, leading the entire NFL in tackles and being voted in the top 100 players in the NFL by his peers... but what do they know?

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts