OT:Anyone else watching Daytona 500

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: OT:Anyone else watching Daytona 500

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was just curious if anyone is going to watch after footballs over it fills in sundays for me.

[/QUOTE]

DALE JR!!! NICE ONE!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'm not one of the people that doesn't think there is skill involved in that kind of racing, but to me it is the most boring thing to watch.  At least with Formula 1 the courses are a bit more interesting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I was just curious if anyone is going to watch after footballs over it fills in sundays for me.

[/QUOTE]

caught the final laps...might as well be called "Jimmy Johnson Racing"

[/QUOTE]

haha you relize that was last years race right?Race was in rain delay just started agian after 830est.

[/QUOTE]

haha no I didn't at the time but do now! Even so Johnson's dominance is historic

[/QUOTE]

Back pedaling from posting something about a subject that you don't know much again?  You need to get out more.  Oh that's right. Never mind :)

[/QUOTE]

Greenland is nice too Phillip...keep going!

[/QUOTE]

Is Greenland by fire island? Cause you never go anywhere else. Again talking about what you have no clue about. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

caught the final laps...might as well be called "Jimmy Johnson Racing"

[/QUOTE]

haha you relize that was last years race right?Race was in rain delay just started agian after 830est.

[/QUOTE]

haha no I didn't at the time but do now! Even so Johnson's dominance is historic

[/QUOTE]

Back pedaling from posting something about a subject that you don't know much again?  You need to get out more.  Oh that's right. Never mind :)

[/QUOTE]

Greenland is nice too Phillip...keep going!

[/QUOTE]

Is Greenland by fire island? Cause you never go anywhere else. Again talking about what you have no clue about. 

[/QUOTE]

GO PHIL GO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DALE JR!!! NICE ONE!

[/QUOTE]

WEll he probally wont win another race for 3 yrs  thats about right when he wins a race.Hes over rated  cause of daddy,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Nothing sucks more than watching a bunch of gas fume suckin' hicks go in an oval for 2-3 hours....whoopdedamdo!

All praise to the stars and bars..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Its alot of skill to do what they do.

[/QUOTE]

Come on. That's ridiculous.  If I practiced that every day for years and years, I could do that. Please. That's not skill.  It takes some coordination, sure.  It's also not a sport. It's a race.

[/QUOTE]

Haha, then you run down there and jump in a 3,800 pound skittish stock car and run it over 200 miles an hour six inches away from the four other cars on every side while its over 130 degrees inside the car for over three hours. Yeah, its real simple, we could all do it. Thats like saying "yeah, I could hit a 100 mph fastball if I had been doing it for years", or "yeah, I could read an NFL defense and hit receivers if I had been doing it for years." Duh. Nascar is a sport, and the drivers are conditioned athletes. I'll grant you its not nearly as good as it used to be because its getting soft and pilitically correct just like the NFL, but its still a sport.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on. That's ridiculous.  If I practiced that every day for years and years, I could do that. Please. That's not skill.  It takes some coordination, sure.  It's also not a sport. It's a race.

[/QUOTE]

Haha, then you run down there and jump in a 3,800 pound skittish stock car and run it over 200 miles an hour six inches away from the four other cars on every side while its over 130 degrees inside the car for over three hours. Yeah, its real simple, we could all do it. Thats like saying "yeah, I could hit a 100 mph fastball if I had been doing it for years", or "yeah, I could read an NFL defense and hit receivers if I had been doing it for years." Duh. Nascar is a sport, and the drivers are conditioned athletes. I'll grant you its not nearly as good as it used to be because its getting soft and pilitically correct just like the NFL, but its still a sport.

[/QUOTE]

oh bulls**t

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh bulls**t

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with Jints of this one....Yeah it's takes skill, and it's dangerous, but so does juggling working chain saws, but that's NOT a sport.....

Look..I just don't want tomwatch it on TV...it's like watching golf to me...a borrringgggggggggg way to spend an otherwise pleasurable afternoon...sorry, to each his own...

Sections
Shortcuts