OTA's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: OTA's

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good to hear Reiss report today both Vince and Kelly are taking part in 11-11 drills.

[/QUOTE]

Best news out of all the informal and formal OTA's.

But I must say I care little for YETI Armstead's burdens about going through more than most....I only care if he's able to play and contribute...hard hearted, true, but if he's done, let's find out sooner than later, then give the well deserved (I'm sure) testimonials to his journey.

[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764169/veteran-dt-tommy-kelly-eases-back-in

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been reading about Boyce at OTA's, and lament the fact that he wasn't utilized a bit more last year. The whispers were that he really did not understand the offense, so I do understand not throwing him to the wolves. He also did battle injury at the end of the season. But it would have been a real nice change of pace to see him on a simple bubble screen or end around. we saw glimpses last year, maybe one game, or even one half of a game, of what the potential could be. I can't recall any WR here in a long time that has his speed and elusiveness.

I am really hoping Josh McD finds a way to put the ball in his hands 5-7 times per game this year..

I know many here are down on the WR core, but lets face it, there are many, many options available to this offense depending on what the opposing defense is trying to do. This offense can put 4 wide on the field, and while they haven't yet jelled as a group, there is a ton of talent. If they can all get on the same page, TB can be amazing this year 

[/QUOTE]

Seems like K.T. is having a great mimicamp, catching everything in sight. Seems to have made strides from last year. The thing about Boyce is that he is more enticing than K.T. with his speed, and agility but K.T. has him beat in the consistency, availability and reliability department. This is what leads me to believe its gonna be a tough battle and K.T. may have the edge. Its harder to find a reliable, consistent, young WR than it is to find a speedy, shifty guy who struggles grasping the offense. K.T. probably has the best understanding right now of the offense from reports ive read. Hopefully BB finds a way to keep them all in the mix through p.u.p., practice squad,etc. I like Gallon as a p/s player.

Also, what some speculated on last year may come to fruition. Jamie Collins playing tight end. He lined up at the position on Wednesday and Brady didn't shoot down the notion when asked so look out for him to possible fill the old Vrabel, redzone role but nothing more than that IMO.

Browner seems to be playing CB for the moment with Chung/Harmon taking mostly all the SS snaps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been reading about Boyce at OTA's, and lament the fact that he wasn't utilized a bit more last year. The whispers were that he really did not understand the offense, so I do understand not throwing him to the wolves. He also did battle injury at the end of the season. But it would have been a real nice change of pace to see him on a simple bubble screen or end around. we saw glimpses last year, maybe one game, or even one half of a game, of what the potential could be. I can't recall any WR here in a long time that has his speed and elusiveness.

I am really hoping Josh McD finds a way to put the ball in his hands 5-7 times per game this year..

I know many here are down on the WR core, but lets face it, there are many, many options available to this offense depending on what the opposing defense is trying to do. This offense can put 4 wide on the field, and while they haven't yet jelled as a group, there is a ton of talent. If they can all get on the same page, TB can be amazing this year 

[/QUOTE]

"corps"

Boyce is set to bust out.  He reminds me of percy harvin in skill set

We may have our kick returner problems solved as well.

[/QUOTE]

I can see the Boyce and harvin comparison. Like most here, the WR I was highest on acquired last year was Boyce. 

bDC is also reporting thompkins having a nice camp. It will be tough to gauge who makes it. Gallon intrigues me as well, and I would really Like to see what he has to offer. 

Curious if folks think we keep 6 WRs, or what the count will be? Could we go light on TE and keep an extra WR? Locks I think...Edelman, amendola, Lafell, Dobson...besides the kids that have little to no shot, we also have thompkins, Boyce, gallon. Is slater counted in the first group? If so and the pats roll with 6, that leaves one position amongst thompkins, Boyce, gallon. I can't see the pats letting go Boyce, and if thompkins keep performing, how can you release him? That would mean gallon to IR or PS, the Pats would carry 7 including Slater. 

Sections
Shortcuts