Other WR Moves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Other WR Moves

I know the Pats are in need of a few things in the WR department: youth, size and speed.  Well I know there aren't any marquee free agents out there, but there are a couple options that the Pats might be able to use: Kevin Walter and David Nelson.

I remember when Walter was a FA a few years ago the Pats had some interest but he resigned w/ Houston.  Sure, he is not a burner, but he is a long target who could help on the sidelines and in the red zone.  Might be worth a look for a cheap veteran deal.

David Nelson is young, tall and fairly quick.  While he is no speedster, he is a guy with some upside and the Bills WR I thought we should be looking at first.  Another big target, who has some youth on his side.

These aren't game breaking moves, but ones that might be productive.  I would prefer not to rely on having to bring Lloyd, Stallworth and Branch back to give Brady some options.  Maybe Edelman, if he can remain healthy and take a friendly deal.  I don't know if the Pats will do the Sanders deal due to lack of draftpicks, but who knows.  What are your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Other WR Moves

In response to ArmyPatsFan's comment:

I know the Pats are in need of a few things in the WR department: youth, size and speed.  Well I know there aren't any marquee free agents out there, but there are a couple options that the Pats might be able to use: Kevin Walter and David Nelson.

I remember when Walter was a FA a few years ago the Pats had some interest but he resigned w/ Houston.  Sure, he is not a burner, but he is a long target who could help on the sidelines and in the red zone.  Might be worth a look for a cheap veteran deal.

David Nelson is young, tall and fairly quick.  While he is no speedster, he is a guy with some upside and the Bills WR I thought we should be looking at first.  Another big target, who has some youth on his side.

These aren't game breaking moves, but ones that might be productive.  I would prefer not to rely on having to bring Lloyd, Stallworth and Branch back to give Brady some options.  Maybe Edelman, if he can remain healthy and take a friendly deal.  I don't know if the Pats will do the Sanders deal due to lack of draftpicks, but who knows.  What are your thoughts?

Pats had a private workout with Marquess Wilson of WSU

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd resign Lloyd at the right price, he's not popular around here, but I thought he did ok. He knows the offense, he was productive...to me he is solid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'd resign Lloyd at the right price, he's not popular around here, but I thought he did ok. He knows the offense, he was productive...to me he is solid.

i agree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ArmyPatsFan's comment:

edelman and nelso if cheap bring to camp. draft hokins and rogers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I want a big fast WR, about 6'5 230 lbs. That's how we got beat after Talib went down in theAFCCG. The Crows just kept pounding us with Boldin and Smith. We need that kind of weapon too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i agree

I agree with the agree.  He would be just fine in the Branch role. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

I want a big fast WR, about 6'5 230 lbs. That's how we got beat after Talib went down in theAFCCG. The Crows just kept pounding us with Boldin and Smith. We need that kind of weapon too.

6 5" there aint too man of those with talent.

hopkins is 6 2"

rogers is 6 3 " (and40 nch vertical)

both are athletic as hell and can snag the ball easily in traffic

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i agree

I agree with the agree.  He would be just fine in the Branch role. 

id be fine with camp competition for low price.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

hopkins is 6 2"

Marcus Davis

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82395&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

hopkins is 6 2"

Marcus Davis

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82395&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

at least you hav a guy. he is 6 3" and projected to be a 7th rounder (ie not that good at this point)

rogers is 220 lbs 6  3" AND WOULD BE A FIRST ROUNDER if not for pot and gettign kicked off tenessee.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

at least you hav a guy. he is 6 3" and projected to be a 7th rounder (ie not that good at this point)

that's whta i like, he's way off the radar. think of all the good WRs that late rounders that turned out great.

speaking of Tenneesse, they have two good WRs in this years draft: Patterson and Hunter

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

There is only one Megatron. Recievers like your talking about dont exactly grow on trees.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

that's whta i like, he's way off the radar. think of all the good WRs that late rounders that turned out great.

speaking of Tenneesse, they have two good WRs in this years draft: Patterson and Hunter

Cordarrelle Patterson, 6'3", 205 lbs WR, Univ. of Tennessee.  A burner at WR, and elusive as heck in the open field.  Also, a very impressive kickoff return man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE

Also check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaE0Kqr3WCM