Ouch! But what do those guys know, right?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Ouch! But what do those guys know, right?

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

For RKrap and Tony Dungy, each anti-BB and anti-Pats analysts:

Manning is 0-3 in postseason games where the temperature at kickoff is below 40 degrees. In those games with the Indianapolis Colts -- including a 41-0 loss to the New York Jets in January 2003, and a pair of losses to the New England Patriots in January of 2004 and 2005 -- Manning has thrown just one touchdown to seven interceptions.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124502/article/peyton-manning-03-in-playoff-tilts-below-40-degrees

That was BEFORE his 3 TD, 2 INT, 1 fumble game vs Baltimore off the Bye.

So, 4 TDs and 9 INTs in weather below 40 degrees in the postseason.

I believe he is 1-4 in the regular season with weather 30 degrees or less.

Either way you cut it, it's clearly a bother to ol' Gomie.  The wind will be rolling through at about 20 mph, too.

repeat, it's not the temperature, but the slow field.

the 2012 game you reference the Broncos with a sore armed Manning put up 35 points and his QBR was 88.3

the earlier games you reference were played in inclement weather and the field was a mess...

the cold weather thing has been proven incorrect numerous times...it is the slow field that bothered those teams 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

the 2012 game you reference the Broncos with a sore armed Manning put up 35 points and his QBR was 88.3

the earlier games you reference were played in inclement weather and the field was a mess...

the cold weather thing has been proven incorrect numerous times...it is the slow field that bothered those teams 

Well, you'd fail as a scientist.   If you want to dismiss a variable as a causal factor (i.e. cold) you'd have to have evidence to support your theory.   You don't.

As for me, I believe the windier the better.  I don't care about the temperature or rain as much as I think it favors the Pats more in wind.   TB throws a stronger ball and their attack is more short-range than PM's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Well, you'd fail as a scientist.   If you want to dismiss a variable as a causal factor (i.e. cold) you'd have to have evidence to support your theory.   You don't.

As for me, I believe the windier the better.  I don't care about the temperature or rain as much as I think it favors the Pats more in wind.   TB throws a stronger ball and their attack is more short-range than PM's.

I would agree cold is not usually an issue all by itself. The game tomorrow night will have steady winds at about 20 mph gusting over 25 at times add that in to temps in the mid 20's with wind chills in the high single digits low teens. Most likely not as cold as the Tenn playoff game but still cold enough to effect passes and catching the ball.

I couldn't find exact stats but there were a few blogs from denver that claimed manning was 2-5 in games under 30 degrees and brady was something ridiculous like 23-2. The 2-5 to me is not the issue it is the fact manning has played less than 10 games in his career in weather like he will see tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Agree ,  Wind  will  eat up Paytons wobblers .  Occasionally they come down in the hands of his guys  ( remember that 4th down wounded duck to D thomas last year...?)  But more likely they will go the other way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I did no realize rain was in the forecast. I knew it was going to be cold. Rain will completely make this a different game. It definitely could hamper DEN passing game. I say DEN because TB always played well in precipitation. Only question is if the receivers will hold on to the wet ball.

Smother WW at the LOS, just enough for him to lose his footing a bit. That should disrupt the timing enough. All other passes will eb difficult for PM.

No rain in the forecast just cold and windy. the forecast calls for temps in the mid 20's with a wind chill in the low teens/high single digits. very windy gusts up to 25mph.

Gonna be delightful up in the third deck.  Bringing my Canadian winter clothes . . . 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I did no realize rain was in the forecast. I knew it was going to be cold. Rain will completely make this a different game. It definitely could hamper DEN passing game. I say DEN because TB always played well in precipitation. Only question is if the receivers will hold on to the wet ball.

Smother WW at the LOS, just enough for him to lose his footing a bit. That should disrupt the timing enough. All other passes will eb difficult for PM.

No rain in the forecast just cold and windy. the forecast calls for temps in the mid 20's with a wind chill in the low teens/high single digits. very windy gusts up to 25mph.

Gonna be delightful up in the third deck.  Bringing my Canadian winter clothes . . . 

We are lucky we are right below the where the 3rd deck ends in the 200's so we get the wind blocked at our backs. 

Going to dig the cold weather gear out this afternoon. I am about a 1/2 hour from the stadium and the wind is already kicking up 15-20 mph and is supposed to be this way through monday morning.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We are lucky we are right below the where the 3rd deck ends in the 200's so we get the wind blocked at our backs. 

Going to dig the cold weather gear out this afternoon. I am about a 1/2 hour from the stadium and the wind is already kicking up 15-20 mph and is supposed to be this way through monday morning.

[/QUOTE]

Would gladly put up with wind, rain, sleet and cold to be able to watch this game. Two of the greatest QBs of all time going at it once again. What could be better!!! You lucky dogs!

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Manning froze out in the 4th quarter/OT of the Baltimore game last year.  It was obvious.  He looked miserable and didn't throw a ball downfield at all during that part of the game.  The cold weather sure got to him on that occasion.  Also, for what it is worth, he is 2-5 when the temp is below 32.  I don't know how things will play out Sunday, but the weather forecast makes it all the more interesting.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Cold weather and bad footing (rain or snow turf) usually means shorter routes and running game for the offense and might mean field position for some. My primary concern is the health of the Pats DBs and flushing Manning out of the pocket.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i have this feeling that the pats are gonna blow out the donkeys something like 38-17, but in all likelihood this will be a good game til the end so my pick is pats 31-donkeys 28. both defenses arent exactly inpenetrable, so i expect a pretty high scoring affair and i think the pats make the one stop at the end to preserve the win (hopefully).

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Snow squalls here in Toronto today.  Definitely feels like winter.  Can't wait for tomorrow night! 

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Snow squalls here in Toronto today.  Definitely feels like winter.  Can't wait for tomorrow night! 

Ranks up there with one of the most anticipated regular season games in a while. It should be electric in the stadium... i hope the fans are up for this. I know i am.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

ANALYSTPREDICTIONWINNER Mike
    Reiss

(5-5) Patriots 35, Broncos 31
    It's been a tough year on the prediction front for me, Tedy. I'm 5-5. I have to start thinking outside the hash marks, so I'm expecting the unexpected. Tedy
    Bruschi

(7-3) Broncos 34, Patriots 30
    Reiss, I want to agree with you on this one, but I can't. The injuries on defense for the Patriots are starting to take their toll and the weapons Denver has on offense are endless. I was very impressed with the play of the Denver offensive line last week. Tom Brady and the offense will put points on the board to keep this close, but the Broncos win this round and hopefully there is a rematch of this classic quarterback matchup in the playoffs. Field
    Yates

(5-5) BRONCOS 31, PATRIOTS 26
    This game could have postseason implications as it relates to seeding, as both the Patriots and Broncos are vying for a top two slot in the AFC, which would lead to a first-round bye. The difference in this game will ultimately come down to the health of the Patriots' secondary. Given that four of the top five defensive backs are dealing with some sort of injury, Peyton Manning and his offense will prove too much to overcome in a close game that falls in Denver's favor. Number Fire
    (7-3) PATRIOTS 28, BRONCOS 27

ESPN
    experts
    BRONCOS OVER PATRIOTS
    Of 13 ESPN experts, 12 pick the Broncos to win. Only Adam Schefter takes the Patriots.

Brady and Peyton both throw for 500 yards Broncos 61 Pats 54

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Patriots 45-17.  This is an old fashioned blowout of epic beatdown proportions.  ONly the Roger Goodell loving Jets know this feeling...   (45-3....roger?) 

Brady Belichick are pissed beyond the spygate threshold into another stratosphere and Gomer senses it.  The happy feet go into overdrive.  Punishing hits over the middle reduce the  Broncos to a cowering ducking timid aligator arms bunch of weenies... Brady channels this destruction like no other and surgically delivers lasers that Gronk Edelman,and Amendola catch with ease and punishing efficiency.   Astonishing that none of the socalled experts other than Shefter can see this playing out. 

oh boy...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

The artic weather front in Minnesota is headed this way...right now, at the Wisconsin vs. Minnesota game, it's 15 degrees  and with windchill, it's 6...coming our way...

Their freezing their butts off.  That weather will make it by game time tomorrow. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Clean sweep on the NFL network just now, 5 out of 5 picks for the Broncos.

With all the injuries and question marks going into this game for the Pats, I certainly see why so many are picking the Bronco.

• Sections
    Shortcuts