Our chances to make the Super Bowl as #2 seed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Our chances to make the Super Bowl as #2 seed

SeedSB #1 seed probability 36% actual 44%

#2 seed probability 29% actual 22%

#3 seed probability 11% actual 6%

#4 seed probability 10% actual 6%

I would have preferred the#1 but #2 next best thing

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2011/12/importance-of-playoff-seeding.html?m=1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Our chances to make the Super Bowl as #2 seed

Peyton's chances of going one and done:

100% actual 100%

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

100% actual 100%

[/QUOTE]

Theyve won 11 in a row. The math does not favor them winning 14 in a row.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I think it's huge. Regardless of who we would have played in the wild card game, playing two games as opposed to three is a pretty big difference (especially when you consider what's been going on with Talib, Gronk and Dennard)

With the 3 seed, traveling form Foxborough to Denver, Denver back to Foxborough, then Foxborough to Houston would have been a lot (Tho, it's beginning to look like HOU wouldve been 1 and done anyways)

My biggest concern was playing Denver in the divisional round after Peyton and the Broncos would have gotten an extra week to prepare. For once, Peyton did not have a coach who was stupid and benched the starters when they secured the bye (which usually gave the starters 2 weeks off and led to them being rusty)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

100% actual 100%

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cherries=brainfood!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

[QUOTE]

100% actual 100%

[/QUOTE]

Mighty I can't see this Broncos team with Peyton one and done. Why all the hate towards this guy? He has been one of the best QB's of our generation and certainly come back player of the year. (I'll give the MVP to AP) Why have so many Pat fans called him horseface and a choker etc..?? I just don't get it. Bill Polian was a jerk when he was there but didn't we all just love those Colts-Pats games. Should they have kept Tim Tebow? I think they made the right move. Hopefully if we win our game(I think we will) we now have to go to that chamber of horrors in Denver where we don't do too well. Well let's win the first game and then move on from there. If Denver does go one and done, I'll give you credit for calling it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Because he looks like a horse and he chokes in the playoffs (9-10 lifetime).

But anyway, in this millenium only the Pats in 2003 and Saints in 2009 have won the SB as a number one seed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

100% actual 100%

[/QUOTE]

Mighty I can't see this Broncos team with Peyton one and done. Why all the hate towards this guy? He has been one of the best QB's of our generation and certainly come back player of the year. (I'll give the MVP to AP) Why have so many Pat fans called him horseface and a choker etc..?? I just don't get it. Jim Irsay is a jerk but didn't we all just love those Colts-Pats games. Should they have kept Tim Tebow? I think they made the right move. Hopefully if we win our game(I think we will) we now have to go to that chamber of horrors in Denver where we don't too well. Well let's win the first game and then move on from there. If Denver does go one and done, I'll give you credit for calling it.

[/QUOTE]

Not just about Manning

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Denver won't go one and done.  Pats or Denver in the SB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

100% actual 100%

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have never believed in that theory.  The playoffs are just a different game in general.

I think if the Patriots want to be in the Super Bowl they will have to beat Denver in Denver. Which they are more than capable of doing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

They've won 11 in a row. The math does not favor them winning 14 in a row.

It does if you factor in inertia. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

NE can win in Denver...McDaniels becomes a huge asset vs that defense...but we will have to beat refs too! Lets go Pats!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NE can win in Denver...McDaniels becomes a huge asset vs that defense...but we will have to beat refs too! Lets go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Not sure how much McDaniels will help. The played a 3-4 when he was there and are playing mostly 4-3 now. Del Rio was not there. I think there are three defensive starters left from 2010.  They are now a top 5 defense in terms of yards and points. 

I know the Pats can win. I just do not think McDaniels has some inside knowledge of the defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Pats need to get healthy. The extra week off should serve them well. I expect them to win it all this year...nothing less. They have the talent to do it. The question is, do they have the will? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

It is about 50-50. It doesn't matter how many games they have to play, the chances are 50-50.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

sorry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

sorry

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

sorry

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

If we win 3 games in a row, 100%.  That is easy math.  If we dont, then our chance is 0%.  Stop overthinking it.  It's 3 GAMES TO GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How does this work out? Actual adds up to 78% leaving 22% left for the 5 and 6 seed.  So the five and 6 seed have a higher chance than the 3 and 4 seed?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

One thing that I really like is the type of defenses we've had to face over the last month...Houston, Miami, San Fran, Jacksonville...these teams weren't cream puffs. Should be a good tune up for the playoffs and we didn't have Gronk to boot. I got to think that will only help us going forward.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing that I really like is the type of defenses we've had to face over the last month...Houston, Miami, San Fran, Jacksonville...these teams weren't cream puffs. Should be a good tune up for the playoffs and we didn't have Gronk to boot. I got to think that will only help us going forward.

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

As good as Denver's defense has been...i do think we will put up points against them...they rush from the outside...NE can beat that type of rush...its the pressure up the midde that gives Brady fits...that said the real question will be...the Defense! I hope BB has learned.from prior matchups vs horsehead...even if we play great in 1st half...horsehead adjusts well...2 defensive game plans? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, those probabilites are a joke, ask the jersey jints the years they made it to the SB, or when the 8-8 AZ Cardinals made it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I think our chances to advance to the Superbowl are pretty good. If we can play our A game and keep Brady clean. We're as good or better than any of the teams in the AFC and if we can win two games. Once there it's down to two with the team that plays the best on that day typically raising the shiny football... 

Getting the bye certainly helps, with a week to get healthy and prepare for the winner of the Ravens - Colts game. Which will allow the Pat's coaches to breakdown film and prepare a game plans for both during the bye week. Then once they learn who we'll play, focus specifically the following week on the team that prevails and has to travel to Foxborough. Since we've played every team accept the Bengals this season. Belicheck and his staff already have a pretty good idea of what both teams do well and what they don't.

Since the road to the Superbowl goes through Denver, first things first is we have to win on January 13th. Our likely opponant will be the Ravens who should be favored? Then root for the winner of the Bengals v Texans to go to Denver and pull off the upset. Which then enhances our chances because we'd then get home field for the AFC Championship Game...If we have to travel to Devner, it'll make the road that much tougher. If you look at the quality of the Broncos opponants this year they've lost to most of the current playoff teams while fattening up on a weak division. That's not to suggest that it would be a cake walk. However there run to the top has been a bit of smoke and mirrors...