Our Defense is Close

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Our Defense is Close

Glenn might have done better with a coach like Carroll.  Parcells and Carroll are on opposite ends of the coaching spectrum.  While there are many players who can adapt to any style of coach, some will do better under the hardass like Parcells and some need more of the encouraging guy like Carroll.  I suspect Glen was not a good fit with a Parcells-style coach and maybe would have flourished under a Carroll-type. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

get Mayo, VW, Kelly healthy.

sign a real strong safety. someone good. (whitner, pollard)

get Talib back.

get some damn DE/DT depth through FA  and draft

and i think we could be great like Seattle.

glimpses were shown the first few weeks until the injuries came on.

need one or two more playmakers and health

got Mayo, Collins and Hightower next season, top 5 LB corps in NFL and Woodyard still a possibility...

get Revis >>>> Talib.

now just finish up the Browner deal and get Jared allen or Julius Peppers and like I said, LEGIT and CLOSE to SEA.

Told ya, we were close!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

Ugh.

I have said this in the last 2 seasons. We just had some injury issues which held the club back, especially last year. Of course we are close. I had told the board BB wanted a base off the lockout to do this.

So many teams overspent and blew their budgets off the lockout.   In some ways, we're seeing this now.

The desperate teams entered a cap hell and we benefit.

I am still laughing at Hurlie just within the last 48 hours with his buddies claiming there is no such thing as cap hell as teams like Giants and Steelers lose key player like Tuck, Nick, Baas, Woodley, Hood, Sanders, etc.

Thanks again to BB. For everything.

Are you still yapping about the lockout?  Jesus, kid.  That was YEARS ago.  And injuries? Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!  Cap hell is when you are so desperate to sign a CB, you pay a guy 12 mil for one year and have to split his money over two by agreeing to a year two cap hit of 25 mil.  Best GM in football - well at least the most desperate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

get Talib back.

got Mayo, Collins and Hightower next season, top 5 LB corps in NFL and Woodyard still a possibility...

get Revis >>>> Talib.

now just finish up the Browner deal and get Jared allen or Julius Peppers and like I said, LEGIT and CLOSE to SEA.

Yep, 4.5 yards per run.... very close!  Bwahahhhhahahahaha!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

get Talib back.

get Revis >>>> Talib.

Yep, 4.5 yards per run.... very close!  Bwahahhhhahahahaha!  

you were warned mike haha. the patriots have the best defense in the nfl now and will win the superbowl. sad day for jets fans hu haha. oh yeah and last years defense is nothing like what you will see this year. we are going to be the most dominant defense since the bears superbowl.. the jets offense is god awfull and i predict that we shut them out both times we play them this season. wow

Sections
Shortcuts