Our defensive front 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: Our defensive front 7

In Response to Re: Our defensive front 7:
    Pro I can agree with your statement and the only thing I can say back is that the pass rush has been broke for 3 years. If it's really a system issue where BB can't find a single player since Vrable who is able to do everything that is asked of him maybe BB is outsmarting himself. If the system is so complicated that we've gone through how many vet's, mid-late round rookies, and UDFA's and still haven't found one that fits perfectly into his puzzle that it's time to adjust that system. Lets face it Seymour, Willie Mac, Bruschi, and Vrable are rarities who if I remember right all were 43 DE's/DT's in college. BB needs to take a risk on some rookies that can translate over. I thought Cunningham was a big step forward in which he trusted that a player could make the step and I think if Cunningham came out and wow'd BB he would have taken another chance this year but since he didn't I can only assume BB is just as impressed with Cunningham as he is with Nin, Moore, Fletcher, and TBC so he felt justified in his concerns over converts. However, some of the best OLB's in the pro's started their careers as 43 college DE's so they all had to make the transition. I just think BB is afraid to take a risk with the position and would rather take low risk high reward type of guys (Crable, Guyton, McKenzie, Carter) that if they don't make it then no one will question that they didn't make it. Listen to his press conferences, he hates being questioned and if a high pick fails in NE he will get inundated with questions. As I'm sure he regrets not taken Matthews not because he became a player but that not taking him only brought more questions. It's my opinion that's part of the reason he doesn't take risks early is because he simply doesn't want to deal with the media if they don't work out (ie Maroney)
    Posted by PatsEng

eng,
    "It's my opinion that's part of the reason he doesn't take risks early is because he simply doesn't want to deal with the media if they don't work out (ie Maroney) "

i pointed to that as ONE of the reasons as well, on the mb draft thread.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMex2. Show RonMex2's posts

Re: Our defensive front 7

A couple of free agents and they will be fine

here's a good site for FA targets

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts