Our Defensive Secondary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Our Defensive Secondary

We've seen BB mix it up quite a bit this season in the defensive secondary, with yesterday being one of the most interesting secondary line ups of the year to start the 2nd half.

Going into the playoffs what do you think our best defensive secondary grouping is? I know this question will also be answered by opponent, but considering who we might face Pitt/Cincy/Denver, who would you like to see lined up in the defensive secondary in our base package, nickel and dime?

Is it the pairing of McCourty / Chung at safety with Molden/Arrington at corner in the base?
    Is it the pairing of McCourty/Chung at safety with Arrington in the slot, Moore and Molden at corner?
    how or should we conntinue to use Edelman as well?

I for one very much liked McCourty playing at the safety spot. He has been less then stellar at CB giving up big plays. If we can limit the big plays and also bring range at the safety position by swapping McCourty/Moore or somethign to that effect, I think the outcome will be much better for this D overall.

Thoughts appreciated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Our Defensive Secondary

AGREED as I posted elsewhhere. ALSO getting Mankins and Vollmer back heathly together with Spikes rounding into form

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Since they do not seem to think 11 is a decent 3-4 WR I hope they have him play a lot of D. He is aggressive. He tackles very very well. He has great agility. He is very coachable. He has better hands than most DBs. He is dangerous if he intercepts. I want to see if he can make something of himself there. I like that he was lining up right on the face of the opponent v the Bills.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

In Response to Re: Our Defensive Secondary:
    [QUOTE]Since they do not seem to think 11 is a decent 3-4 WR I hope they have him play a lot of D. He is aggressive. He tackles very very well. He has great agility. He is very coachable. He has better hands than most DBs. He is dangerous if he intercepts. I want to see if he can make something of himself there. I like that he was lining up right on the face of the opponent v the Bills.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I hope we see #11 playing D full time next year. He has QB brains, Receiver Experience, and he doesn't mind getting hit or hitting someone else. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Both of Moore's INT's were impressive.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree on Edelman. After moving around a bit, to me it looks like DB is a natural spot for him. He seems to excel at this position. I would give him more reps here and try to turn him more of a full time role next year. The issue is we have quite a few ahead of him on the depth chart as we do also at the receiver position. I also think he is a dangerous ST player. Keep him versatile...give him a few snaps with the offense a game (screens, reverses), have him in playing DB in dime, and return punts for us. he can do all 3.

My favorite lineup in the secondary thus far when we are in dime is;
    McCourty/Chung at Safety
    Moore / Molden at CB
    Arrington/ Edelman in playing slot/CB

If in nickel I like;
    McCourty/Chung at Safety
    Moore/Molden at CB
    Arrington in slot

With 4 in the backfield;
    McCourty/Chung at safety
    Moore/Arrington at CB

of course dependds on opponent. Molden can be brought in in place of Moore/Arrington if we are playing bigger receivers. I am torn between Arrington and Molden, but like Moore better than both of them.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts