our down fall has and will be.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

our down fall has and will be.......

The offensive line has and will continue to haunt this team. People fail to realize this is an entirely different oline from last year. I attend cap every year and have been for years. The first thing , back in July that jumped out at me was the oline changes....we went from Light , Mankins, Waters, Koppen/ Connelly , Solder.......now we r minus Light , Waters , Koppen , and now Mankins is out ......the guys that are in there are average at best . McDonald , Thomas  are terrible and Connelly is best of the three which isnt saying much . They resigned Tenant today which means Mankins is out tomorrow. Brady is gonna be running for his life behind this make shift oline from here on out. I just hope he survives...........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: our down fall has and will be.......

and I forgot about Ryan Wendell.....another average to below average olineman we have to protect our all world qb.........its just pathetic

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The best way to fix the o-line is no huddle, keep the defense reeling , throw in a a run game and wear the d-line down.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Mankins is out for tomorrow and as far as being overrated, BS...He played with a torn ACL all last year and still was the 6th best guard.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Mankins must be 1/2 bionic man. lol That ACL injury has been sensationalized, for whatever reason.  His agent is an interesting guy, I'll say that. 

Humans can't walk on torn ACLs.  A torn ACL means you're on the ground, need help up and can't put weight on it. It was likely a very minor tear where it wasn't torn all the way.  A little tiring hearing excuses for him every time I turn around.  The guy simply hasn't shown up against a good front 7 in a long, long time.

If Mankins was "ranked 6th, what was Waters?  1st?

Bla Bla Bla, Rusty hater, pick a better fight. 

Mankins playing, yes...superhuman and Waters sitting out cuz he don't wanna leave his family.  What is a long time to you?  Ranked 6th ly and 2nd in 2010.

Patriots guard Logan Mankins tore his right ACL in Week 1 of last season, and tore his left MCL in the Divisional playoffs last season, reports ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Mankins had left the Patriots' Week 16 game vs. Miami with a left knee injury, which was later reported to be a sprained MCL. He missed Week 17, but returned for the playoffs. Mankins underwent right knee surgery in February.

Schefter adds that Mankins may be the only player in NFL history to have played an entire season with a torn ACL. He started Super Bowl XLVI with torn ligaments in both knees.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In response to SUZUKIGSXR's comment:

No need to fear. Josh McDaniels will no doubt come up with a genius game plan of running reverses and will bench Ridley for Woodhead, who will be run into the middle of the deffense, knocking them on their heels.

in a year where my team is spiraling downward very fast   I find that very funny .......thank you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Your posts are all very much appreciated ......all I was saying is that the oline is completely different . Brady had trouble finding guys at time last year with  a top five oline in tact all year. These guys in there now DONT COMPARE TO THEM..........say what you want but watch the games/film..........they stink on the oline

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's still the secondary.  McCourty dropped two int's last week, including one where he tripped before getting to the ball.  Brady was sacked fewer times than our secondary had chances to end that game.

Flacco picked on him all night long.  So will every other QB in this league moving forward.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

the entire offense needs to play as a unit.  Meaning the play calling all the way down to receivers blocking on running plays...  Every detail .  This also means its not all on the oline but they too need to do their job, be in position , battle their a$$es off. 

mixing up the plays with lots of mis direction will help the oline.

if Brady and mcd can get this group firing as a unit, I'm not worried . 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I believe the best way to hide a less than great line is to keep it simple and give them a chance to succeed, by establishing the simple running game. Between the tackles running involves more aggressive slamming than pulling and timing that requires a higher level of abilities and cohesiveness. It is easier to go down field on 2nd and 3-5 than on 3rd and 5-8. Establishing the ability to keep banging and banging until they break that is what we did with Smith and Dillon and they almost always had more ypc in the 2nd half. Also you can use the same formation and blocking schemes for short 3-5 yd passing plays making it more effective. I feel a few drives have stalled because we tried to break to the outside too often on the ground when we do better going through the middle and then breaking outside, I would say 80% of our outside runs have resulted in contact behind the line of srimmage a back fights for 3yds behind the line is a 2nd & 10 a back fight for 3 yds at line of scrimmage and its 2nd & 7 which makes for more 3rd & 3s.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Mario Williams and Mark Anderson just requested bibs as they are seen drooling coming out of the tunnel after they saw McDonald, Donald Thomas, Ryan Wendell............Brady must be disgusted

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to EASON11's comment:

The offensive line has and will continue to haunt this team. People fail to realize this is an entirely different oline from last year. I attend cap every year and have been for years. The first thing , back in July that jumped out at me was the oline changes....we went from Light , Mankins, Waters, Koppen/ Connelly , Solder.......now we r minus Light , Waters , Koppen , and now Mankins is out ......the guys that are in there are average at best . McDonald , Thomas  are terrible and Connelly is best of the three which isnt saying much . They resigned Tenant today which means Mankins is out tomorrow. Brady is gonna be running for his life behind this make shift oline from here on out. I just hope he survives...........

You must be Nostradamus. OLine really suckkked today. Couldn't run the ball at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I dont run and hide after  my posts, with that said, a win is a win and they played good in the 2nd half........my question to you is can they play like that against the Ravens and Texans and other contenders of the AFC and NFL........... and always count on putting up 35 in the 2nd half.......YOU KNOW THAT ANSWER WITHOUT ME TYPING A THING...........GLAD THEY WON AND HOPE THEY WOKE UP 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

O-Line looked pretty good today even with out Mankins......so yeah......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I dont run and hide after  my posts, with that said, a win is a win and they played good in the 2nd half........my question to you is can they play like that against the Ravens and Texans and other contenders of the AFC and NFL........... and always count on putting up 35 in the 2nd half.......YOU KNOW THAT ANSWER WITHOUT ME TYPING A THING...........GLAD THEY WON AND HOPE THEY WOKE UP 

Maybe you're forgetting our kicker missed the winning FG against the Ravens. We lost 2 by a total of 3 points.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Mario Williams and Mark Anderson just requested bibs as they are seen drooling coming out of the tunnel after they saw McDonald, Donald Thomas, Ryan Wendell............Brady must be disgusted

Still drooling?

Sections
Shortcuts