Our offense lacks talent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Our offense lacks talent

Our biggest problem is the lack of talent on offense:

• Our best running back is Sammy Morris, a journeyman who's a great back-up, but who won't strike fear into anyone. Maroney is just a joke--they hardly put him on the field yesterday. Faulk is a great third down back, but running plays usually happen on first and second down. Taylor showed us briefly what a real running back could do, but he's old and injury prone and apparently gone for the season.
    • Our receiving corp is mediocre. Moss is still a threat, but not the guy he was a few years ago. He's being covered pretty effectively by the better corners now.  Welker may be the best slot receiver in the game---but he's a slot receiver. Watson has actually been a pleasant surprise this year, but he isn't a dominant tight end. Edelman looks good, but we already have a good slot receiver. We need someone who can stretch the field and make the deep coverage worry about something. Without that, our passing game just will never take off.
    • Brady has been distinctly mediocre. He looks unfocused to me this year. Maybe it's just taking some time to get back into the game after a year away. I'm still expecting him to improve, but if he doesn't, we're going to be truly awful on offense.
    • The line has never impressed me. Actually, I like the interior line okay. It's just the tackles. We've lacked a true front-line tackle since when? Bruce Armstrong days? Light's injury looked bad to me.  Let's hope Vollmer is the answer and he can stay healthy, because we don't have much depth at a position that's already pretty weak.
    The defense is much better, I think.  I actually think the LB corp is decent (I wasn't sure at the beginning of the season) and the DBs really are improved over last year. Wilfork is a monster, but the rest of the DL is only okay, I'm afraid.  And there's absolutely no pass rush.  If the Pat's D could get a pass rush going (without blitzing and leaving receivers open), it could be a top-tier defense, I think. But without a pass rush, QBs have way too much time to find open receivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

Re: Our offense lacks talent

Well there's Wes Welker and.....

Well there is Wes Welker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Our offense lacks talent:
    Our biggest problem is the lack of talent on offense: Our best running back is Sammy Morris, a journeyman who's a great back-up, but who won't strike fear into anyone. Maroney is just a joke--they hardly put him on the field yesterday. Faulk is a great third down back, but running plays usually happen on first and second down. Taylor showed us briefly what a real running back could do, but he's old and injury prone and apparently gone for the season. Our receiving corp is mediocre. Moss is still a threat, but not the guy he was a few years ago. He's being covered pretty effectively by the better corners now.  Welker may be the best slot receiver in the game---but he's a slot receiver. Watson has actually been a pleasant surprise this year, but he isn't a dominant tight end. Edelman looks good, but we already have a good slot receiver. We need someone who can stretch the field and make the deep coverage worry about something. Without that, our passing game just will never take off. Brady has been distinctly mediocre. He looks unfocused to me this year. Maybe it's just taking some time to get back into the game after a year away. I'm still expecting him to improve, but if he doesn't, we're going to be truly awful on offense. The line has never impressed me. Actually, I like the interior line okay. It's just the tackles. We've lacked a true front-line tackle since when? Bruce Armstrong days? Light's injury looked bad to me.  Let's hope Vollmer is the answer and he can stay healthy, because we don't have much depth at a position that's already pretty weak. The defense is much better, I think.  I actually think the LB corp is decent (I wasn't sure at the beginning of the season) and the DBs really are improved over last year. Wilfork is a monster, but the rest of the DL is only okay, I'm afraid.  And there's absolutely no pass rush.  If the Pat's D could get a pass rush going (without blitzing and leaving receivers open), it could be a top-tier defense, I think. But without a pass rush, QBs have way too much time to find open receivers.
    Posted by soloflyfisher

Very good assessment

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Our offense lacks talent:
    Well there's Wes Welker and..... Well there is Wes Welker.
    Posted by baddawg

Dawg--- You are right and Welker will get killed with the beating he is taking before the season is out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

In Response to Re: Our offense lacks talent : Dawg--- You are right and Welker will get killed with the beating he is taking before the season is out
    Posted by TSWFAN

You're correct.  Brady needs to spread the ball around but can't seem to get it to anyone.  It's Wes' good hands making the difference, not Brady's passing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Our offense lacks talent : You're correct.  Brady needs to spread the ball around but can't seem to get it to anyone.  It's Wes' good hands making the difference, not Brady's passing.
    Posted by baddawg

The receivers looked pretty covered in the second half. Hard to tell on TV, but did they start doing a lot of man-to-man like the Jets did? If you can cover our receivers man-to-man effectively then our passing offense will sputter. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Our offense lacks talent : Very good assessment
    Posted by TSWFAN

I'm worried BB has tried to build this offense on the cheap.  Of course, he did spend two top-round picks on Maroney and Jackson . . . so maybe he's just better at picking up aging veterans at a discount than evaluating young talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

Brandon Marshall was covered too, but he was able to juke around the defender and reach for a touchdown pass.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Our offense lacks talent : Very good assessment
    Posted by TSWFAN

I'm worried BB has tried to build this offense on the cheap.  Of course, he did spend two top-round picks on Maroney and Jackson . . . so maybe he's just better at picking up aging veterans at a discount than evaluating young talent.

(He seems much better with defensive talent than with offensive talent, though.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

BB has no creativity. He cheats and gets caught. BOO!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

Belichick's inability to draft and develop talent is becoming more and more evident. The desperation grab Of Taylor and Galloway hi lighted that fact. I mean think about it, the Pats didn't draft Welker or Moss either. When was the last time that BB added a skilled offensive player through the draft. Don't say Edelman, as far as I can tell he has hands of stone...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

Belichick's inability to draft and develop talent is becoming more and more evident. The desperation grab Of Taylor and Galloway hi lighted that fact. I mean think about it, the Pats didn't draft Welker or Moss either. When was the last time that BB added a skilled offensive player through the draft. Don't say Edelman, as far as I can tell he has hands of stone...
    Posted by hmrstrm

Well said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon1771. Show Leon1771's posts

Your Offense lacks talent??
    Brady Moss Welker Maroney???What your offense lacks is an offensive line.

If I were a pats fan and believe I am not I would jumped up and down when Light got taken off the field-He stinks!
    #76 looked like a football player!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Posted by hmrstrm

I thought the last-minute dumping of Thomas for Matthews seemed odd too. That and the Seymour move at the last minute made me wonder what was up with BB. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

Your Offense lacks talent?? Brady Moss Welker Maroney???What your offense lacks is an offensive line. If I were a pats fan and believe I am not I would jumped up and down when Light got taken off the field-He stinks! #76 looked like a football player!
    Posted by Leon1771

The Patriots need a coach and a quarterback.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

In Response to Re: Our offense lacks talent : The Patriots need a coach and a quarterback.
    Posted by baddawg

uh oh here come the internet goon pat haters to lay their attack. Oh we are so scared of you losers. Did your team lose yesterday. Probably

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

My team is anybody playing the Patriots, and they won yesterday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

My team is anybody playing the Patriots, and they won yesterday.
    Posted by baddawg

Thats why we hate you. What posseses losers like you to join the I hate pats cult. You are such a loser. Get a life

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We have the talent, the problem right now is Brady is not sharp. In years past he was a precision QB, he could hit guys with little or no seperation, and his timing was exact. This year he looks terrible. Throwing behind guys, at their feet, etc....He missed Moss on an easy score yesterday, had Welker breaking across the middle that would have led to a score, threw at Welkers feet (nice catch by Welker), and could not lead the offense to score even 1 point in the 2nd half. Terrible performance, and I have to think a lot of it rests on Brady's shoulders. 

Has he lost it completely or is he still shaking off the rust? I'm not panicking by any means, but we got to stay close to the Jets because as of now, they look prime to steal the division, got 2 easy games with Miami and Buffalo coming up. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

you are OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND.  we don't have talent?  o.k. we dont have the BEST PLAYER at alot of positions, but our guys all rank in the higher echelon at their positions.  We didn't draft Welker, but we were smart enough to get him, Miami wasnt smart enough to keep him, even after he caught a td and kicked his own extra point!  Taylor was insurance against a final Moroney fail.  The entire problem as i saw/see it, TB's knee is having repercussions even now.  My son points out Carson Palmers season after he came back, similar accuracy issues, as the knee threw off somthing.  Our play calling bothers me a bit, and we see Josh McD took HIS playcalling up a notch since he left.  Maybe it's fixable.  If not, we certainly have the talent to compete next year.  But look at last year's last 5 games and tell me Matt Cassel wasnt killing people with these same receivers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Biggater. Show Biggater's posts

I say we blame it on the uniforms. Put on the Retro uniforms and we play like the Patriots of old....

Just an observation...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from michael4f. Show michael4f's posts

This offense if weak in today's NFL.

The running backs are a step (or two) behind the others in the league.  Think it is time to give Ben-Jarvis a chance.  Morris is good power, but can't do it all game.  Faulk is really aging.  Maroney, is a dancer not a runner.

Wes is a super slot guy but he is getting killed holding the O together.  Moss is totally covered.  Offseason had promise, but GLewis was canned and now a hero in Min.  Gallaway has grease on his hands, wherever he is.  Bring in the rookie I say.

Poor offseason decisions by BB.  He had 5 very good TE's going into the season and he dumps 3.  Pass catching TE's have been the key to super bowl wins.  They would also help Brady have options in the middle, as he can not get outside and throw.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeyLiker. Show JoeyLiker's posts

We must to realize:
    1.- Brady still has issues to resolve about his knee
    2.- We havent a 3rd real and proved WR, and all cover go to Moss
    3.- Welker is a human... Sometime he can droop the ball
    4.- Maroney is a dancer
    5.- BB hates BJGE (no other reason to me)

But for almost NFL Staff all those issues could make a adjustment

The major problem with our offense is:
    PLAY CALLS = OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

We need to improve this area. We havent change, adjustment or capabilities to realize the other teams change.

For example, our DEFENSE COORDINATOR (and BB) was capable to adjust our 7 front-line to a Wild-Cat of Broncos in 1Q and other momments of the game.... but our OFFENSE was the same throughout the game, even though it was obvious that the running game on the wings was no longer effective

We have talent
    But we havent a real OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pmen39. Show Pmen39's posts

let's talk defense for a second.. Yes they are better than expected.. but the Corners are SOFT!  Bodden was getting burned all day, I thought he was a playmaker.. need a guy like Asante... oh yeah he went to Philly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Well there's Wes Welker and..... Well there is Wes Welker.
    Posted by baddawg

You are just being annoying and negative. If you get your kicks from this then I fell sorry for you! You should find something more useful to do with your life than intentionally annoy people. Also, disrespecting Tom Brady is foolish. He could retire today and walk directly into the NFL Hall of Fame! He has earned respect. It's that simple! I feel that way about the other successful QB's in the NFL that have led their teams to Super Bowl Championships! They are due respect for their accomplishments. I have no respect for a person such as yourself who speaks so foolishly.

Sections
Shortcuts