Our offense lost the abiliry to end games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Our offense lost the abiliry to end games

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How to go to LLoyd all day for 1st downs and then when it counts, you  call a reverse??  You gotta get those plays out the way early! You dont call them when you NEED 1st downs!

Joshy probably being too smart and trying to over analyze shyt!  That dude Cary Williams could not cover Lloyd, Period. Just toss it out there for 8 yards and games over!!!  I hate when the coaches overthink simple situations. Charie Weiss knew how to end games on the ground and if the defense wanted to load up, he would go over the top, no matter the situation.

Case in point: the Deep ball  on 3rd down and short to Bethel Johnson back in 03' vs the Seahawks. Worked to perfection and the defense never expected it.

Now we just roll over and put our tails between our legs when teams come storming back. I remember there was a time where if we had a lead in the 4th quarter, the game was all but over. Now we seem to never to be able to execute in these situations. I wonder if 07' and all those blowouts messed us up. We were never in a tight game until week 13! that year.

We used to love to get teams into 3rd and long and now for 3 years straight, we dont even get off the field on 3rd and 18's!!!  Its like the only way we can win is jump out to a 31-10 lead and even that wouldnt be safe. We s*ck at the basic simple principles of football that we should excel at with a guy like B.B. at the helm. I would really like to see what HE would call for a defense in these clutch situations. I mean Im tired of having to blame a bum like M.Patricia for B.B.'s defense. Why doesnt anyone ask him after the game why he stays in cover 2 ALL DAY if he trusts his CB's or why diff. guys have started back there for 3 weeks or why M.Patricia cant call ONE blitz that works all game and is blitzing guys like Mayo who are not good blitzers! Why arent Spikes n Hightower Blitzing which is their strenghts.

B.B. was never a def. genius. He just had some great players all at once that made him look good. I mean he knows the game in and out, but overthinks too much. He doesnt want to get burned over the top, so he stays in cover 2 with no safety in the box and lets Rice run wild!  When the Ravens need to pass, he is too scared to blitz and get beat over the top. All the while our CBs are getting BEAT OVER THE TOP ALL 2ns half and the safeties arent there to help, despite them being in a cover 2 shell??

Time to get a real D-Back coach and D Coordinator. Oh wait, its BEEN time!  Probably too late now as B.B. is gonna retire for sure after this year cuz he is losing his  MIND!

[/QUOTE]

You just lost all credibility amigo.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Umm it's our defense that  has lost the ability to close it out,  think McGinest with the sack, Harrison with the interception. 

Blame the offense for the Super Bowl loss, putting up 17 points, and you have an argument. How many points do you expect our offense to score?

[/QUOTE]

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

In case you haven't been watching, Brady has developed an uncanny ability to NOT move the team and score late in games that have real meaning. It's like they get a lead with less than 12 minutes to play, and try to sit on it. This bunch doesn't have the ability to flip a switch and go on a 80 yd TD drive, when they can't even get the ball into FG range (again)!

But, you keep blaming the defense, and NOT Tommy Terrific. Sorry, but scoring only 18 points vs the Cardinals, at HOME, is disgusting at best. The D did their job and gave up 13 points (remember the blocked punt?). NOT scoring after 14:10 left IN THE GAME last Sunday is NIT a good thing. Again, trying to sit on a lead, especially against a Ray Lewis led defense in their house is NOT very smart. You can't settle for FG's against the Ravens, not with their talent on offense, and a defense that can (and often does) score.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan96. Show patriotsfan96's posts

Re: Our offense lost the ability to end games

Sad to say, but I think this thread is more relevant than ever...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I agree what happened? This team is not as good as it used to be. I hate to say that but brady sure isn't playing the last few years like he did. Guess his head is at home and not in the games

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whodagaff. Show Whodagaff's posts

This is the 4th game since the last Super Bowl that the Patriots have blown in the 4th Quarter.

I blame coaching. Including the Super Bowl Patriots are 3 wins 4 losses

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

As far as the BB "genius" talk, isn't that long gone outside of New England. 

In terms of points per game, this years defense is actually worse than last year's. It is has been a long time since the Patriots out-schemed high powered offenses. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

defense and offense both choked big time at the end of the game, but the defense actually had an excuse, they were getting hosed by the refs.....would have gotten off the field twice if not for the BS defensive holding calls.

[/QUOTE]

oh no we are back to this again? it never ends....

[/QUOTE]

i had posted this like three weeks ago, why are you bringing this post back up? seriously get over yourself.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

God forbid the Patriots lose a close game to a worthy opponent in a hostile environment with incompetent refs.

[/QUOTE]

ROT

[/QUOTE]

you really are pathetic jints, seriously, going back and nitpicking everyone's post? im sure giants fans blame officials just like some of us do.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts