our secondary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: our secondary

In Response to Re: our secondary:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: our secondary : Rex I have to agree with you, the only BIG difference I see form last year is Chung. He was fast, hit hard and was all ove rthe place, last year I thought he would be useless. I think when the Patriots play against a strong defense this year its going to be tough for them, the Patriot defense will get killed in short yardage plays and gains with a hot team.  Brady is going to have to score 45 to 50 points in these type games if they are to win
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

One f--king moron from the jets loving another...wow what a stretch.
    Enjoy s--king tonight

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

That hit by Meriweather(SS) on Ocho Cinco, made him dancing with the stars....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

[QUOTE]Shut up with the Jonathan Wilhite hate! Everyone over the offseason was annoying me with the negative slander. Wilhite played great in the slot today, Darius Butler is the one who was getting beat consistently, and it was to Chad Ochocinco. A great game by the secondary I thought, and that includes Jonathan Wilhite. Last year, in his second season after being a fourth round pick, Wilhite played outside against some great players. He was often times allowing short and midrange receptions without anything else. Wilhite was always around the ball, but never meeting it in the air. He was consistent with his work. Sure, he's average. But he can have a fair role inside the defense and be a fine reserve for the outside with more experience. Give the dude a break and get off his back. In fact, I don't know why anyone would pick Jon out today and single him out for a "bad performance". He had a couple of nice deflections if I'm not mistaking, and his zone coverage looked sound for the most part. He is NOT bad, plain and simple. Fan's are just unreasonable with this guy, plain and simple. My rant is over.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick[/QUOTE]

I agree, I got tired of seeing Butler and Sanders getting beat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

[QUOTE]Shut up with the Jonathan Wilhite hate! Everyone over the offseason was annoying me with the negative slander. Wilhite played great in the slot today, Darius Butler is the one who was getting beat consistently, and it was to Chad Ochocinco. A great game by the secondary I thought, and that includes Jonathan Wilhite. Last year, in his second season after being a fourth round pick, Wilhite played outside against some great players. He was often times allowing short and midrange receptions without anything else. Wilhite was always around the ball, but never meeting it in the air. He was consistent with his work. Sure, he's average. But he can have a fair role inside the defense and be a fine reserve for the outside with more experience. Give the dude a break and get off his back. In fact, I don't know why anyone would pick Jon out today and single him out for a "bad performance". He had a couple of nice deflections if I'm not mistaking, and his zone coverage looked sound for the most part. He is NOT bad, plain and simple. Fan's are just unreasonable with this guy, plain and simple. My rant is over.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick[/QUOTE]
    Good post...I ALSO thought Butler was the problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

To the point: 

I watched the game on TV and was pretty certain the Pats went 'soft coverage' in the second half.  Earlier posters who were at the game confirm this observation.  My specific observations:

Chung was animal
    Meriweather laid the wood to 85 and turned Ocho to Oucho (sorry - couldn't help myself)
    McCourty is already good and may become scary-good
    Butler had his moments both up and down
    Wilhite did a good job in my opinion
    Guyton is being played on passing downs and did well
    Spikes looked good the few times I saw him in coverage

Outstanding enegry and that is one very quick unit.

They can only get better as the season progresses.

My 2 cents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Its really Rat Phex....  There a new name for he who must be ignored.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: our secondary : So........ you only figured this out 5 years ago?  Wow.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I like that.  Very clever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Overall, the secondary looked good, especially given this is game 1 and these guys are young. Get them some more playing time with each other and they will be one of the best secondaries in the league. 

My concern as before the season is with the Dline. Other than that 1 sack in the 1st quarter, I thought we got little to no pressure on Palmer. 

I saw some clever defensive schemes in the 1st half, and hope BB dials up more of these to get more pressure on the QB from the secondary and LB's. If we run more of these plus get some pressure from our LB's and secondary, Sanchez does not have a prayer. He is not Palmer. 

Next week's game against the Jets will be telling....only because they have a good defense..it will be good to put our lethal offense to the test. I do caution phat rex and others..this is not your Pats offense from last year. Don't think by simply taking Randy out, and possibly limiting Welker (which you won't) you are going to win. You need to account for 4-5 skill position players on every drive. not just WR's, but monster TE's, RB's and hybrids like Hernandez. There are not enough Revis's to go around next week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]Overall, the secondary looked good, especially given this is game 1 and these guys are young. Get them some more playing time with each other and they will be one of the best secondaries in the league.  My concern as before the season is with the Dline. Other than that 1 sack in the 1st quarter, I thought we got little to no pressure on Palmer.  I saw some clever defensive schemes in the 1st half, and hope BB dials up more of these to get more pressure on the QB from the secondary and LB's. If we run more of these plus get some pressure from our LB's and secondary, Sanchez does not have a prayer. He is not Palmer.  Next week's game against the Jets will be telling....only because they have a good defense..it will be good to put our lethal offense to the test. I do caution phat rex and others..this is not your Pats offense from last year. Don't think by simply taking Randy out, and possibly limiting Welker (which you won't) you are going to win. You need to account for 4-5 skill position players on every drive. not just WR's, but monster TE's, RB's and hybrids like Hernandez. There are not enough Revis's to go around next week.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

They rushed 4 a lot in the second half with the LOLB dropping into coverage.

They played about 90% prevent by my calculation. I don't know too many Ds that generate constant pressure in a prevent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Todays FAIR grades 31 Brandon  B  did not start ????? 24 Jonathan  B 36 Sanders C 28  Darious C 25 Patrick B+ SOLID GAME 32 Devin  A   Great things to come Your thoughts ?
    Posted by rover222[/QUOTE]

P. Chung A+++++