Our Secondary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Our Secondary

The Pats Defense has been plagued with problems the last 3-4 years, probably ever since the win in 04'. The LB corps has been hit with "too old", "too slow", the secondary, once a bright spot is still in flux, the Dline once one of the best in the league has a hard time getting pressure on a QB. 
    With 3 preseason games under our belt, is there a cause to worry about this defense? 
    My question has to do with the secondary...my take is although the secondary has been revamped, we have yet to see Springs, and consistent play from Wheatley and Wilhite. Butler although good is still going to take time to develop. Chung, same thing. The only consistency we can count on is from the safety spot, and hopefully with Bodden at CB. 

With some of the inconsistent play by the secondary so far, do the Pats go out and explore bringing in Chris McCalister, Ty Law or perhaps another veteran that can add some experience to this group?....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Re: Our Secondary

I too share a bit of concern but I always remind myself that it is just preseason and the kinks are only getting ironed out. Personally, I believe the defense is going to start off average, not too thrilling but as the season progresses it should get better. You want the team to start peaking towards playoff time and I think (and hope) this will be the case with the defense. I know we are Boston fans and can't help but be skeptical and pessimistic but the bottom line is that it is only preseason and we have to wait for when the games count. The Pats have a very tough schedule so it should help that the team will be challenged alot and be prepared for the good teams. As long as we don't have an above average amount of injuries, this team should be in good shape. 

Adressing the players you named, I believe that Wilhite and Butler can step in for our starting corners (Bodden and Springs) if injuries to them occur. Wheatley hasn't been too good but right now he's our 5th CB so you can't expect too much. I'm developing a man crush for Pat Chung and get giddy just thinking how amazing a combination of Safeties we will have for years to come with Chung and Meriweather. Our special teams is very good as well. Can't wait for the season to begin. I love this team! Go Pats!!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Our Secondary

Other than last week the D hasn't been all that bad starters have only given up 6 pts. All the other points where against the backups. I think a lot can be trying out the 4-3. Plus lots of new players it takes time to gel. Like most people I don't expect our D to solidify until mid-season. Just have to be patient and if this defense plays at a high level this year, that mean's we'll have a very good D to watch for the next few years.

Sections
Shortcuts