Our young receivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Our young receivers

Anyone hear the interview with Brady this morning with Dennis and Callahan? He had some interesting comments about the young receivers. First he was talking about Edelman...about how much he loves him, how happy he is for him and how hard he worked to get where he is. Then he was asked about the young guys - I thought he had a interesting answer - he went on to say they have to want it. How important is football to them? Are they going to put the work in? He then said the great receivers in the league worked for it. He mentioned Welker, he mentioned Moss. He asked the question out loud if they were willing to put football first.

I found this all very interesting. It made me wonder a little if a guy like Boyce put in the time this year needed to be a contributer in this offense, because he sure the hell didn't contribute (and I thought he had the most talent of them all). And didn't Thompkins get benched for a game? He started out fast and then hit the wall - I know rookies do that, but I wonder if he wasn't putting in the time?

I'm not saying these guys are bums, but I do think they will need to understand what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Normal rookie/young guy stuff I guess, but it has to end right now. We all know some of these guys take two/three years...a guy like Vareen admitted he didn't understand how to play tough until this year...imagine that? I was sitting there waiting for him to be good and it turns out he didn't get the memo his nfl career started three years ago. I hope Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins got that memo listening to Brady today...I'm sure the averages say one of them won't, but I'm hoping they all did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Our young receivers

Sounds like a condemnation of the rookies by Tom. Surely if they were working hard he would have lauded them for it. They must be real goof offs for Tom to say that. He usually compliments everybody.

I wouldn't chisel in stone the word bust on any player after one year. Well maybe, if they really sucked. But so far these rookies aren't showing me much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Sounds like a condemnation of the rookies by Tom. Surely if they were working hard he would have lauded them for it. They must be real goof offs for Tom to say that. He usually compliments everybody.

I wouldn't chisel in stone the word bust on any player after one year. Well maybe, if they really sucked. But so far these rookies aren't showing me much.

Yeah I wouldn't say any of these guys are busts, but you're right, he would of lauded them if they worked hard. He certainly lauded Edelman. Another guy he didn't go overboard in complimenting was Amendola - he was asked specifically about him - he hesitated at first, took a little pause and then said he worked hard and fought through an injury at the BEGINNING of the season. I found the beginning part interesting on the injury because I was hoping his poor second half of the season was due to injury...maybe he just isn't very good.

He was asked about the Belichick/Welker comments and took the high road like most everyone else on the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sounds like a veiled sho t at the GM since he supposed to be vetting these rookies and weeding out the players from the pretenders.......right? 

(Seems like the BDC filters won't let you post a four letter word that starts with an S and ends with a T)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigMustache. Show BigMustache's posts

The excuse of poor WR corps is starting to wear thin.  It's time for Brady to just admit he is the problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from catbuttbuster45. Show catbuttbuster45's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Condemnation...that's a religious word with a spiritual connotation, right Pastor Babe?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Glad he spoke up. It's hit or miss today with rookies. They must be commited.

BB should go after Kelvin Bemjamin. Trade Amendola, sign Edelman, keep Collie, and let last years rookies fight for the last two spots.

BB also needs to find another gronk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Brady wasn't addressing the fans, he was goading the receivers themselves in public to work harder over the off-season.  Brady does this. 

I think when Brady was telling the press a few years ago that Edelman really couldn't throw worth anything, he was actually telling Edelman to go work on being a receiver only.  This advice was well taken.  Now Edelman will get a few million dollars out of somebody.  105 catches in a season is not for nothing.  Maybe once a year, maybe less than that, Edelman should take the ball for an end-around play, then pull up sho- rt, remember his old quarterbacking skills and toss the ball to another receiver.

Somebody somewhere is rolling on the floor laughing.  Now the Boston Globe has banned the word sho- rt.  Let's experiment with a few other commonly used English words for good measure.

Shoo- t?  Banned.  It was once commonly used as a cleaner substitute for that other word.  Say, "run and gun".

Ship? Safe and shipshape.

Shee- t?  Nope, this English word has been banned too. Say, "blanket".

Three cheers for our Boston Globe, the world's premier defender of online decency!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Brady wasn't addressing the fans, he was goading the receivers themselves in public to work harder over the off-season.  Brady does this. 

I think when Brady was telling the press a few years ago that Edelman really couldn't throw worth anything, he was actually telling Edelman to go work on being a receiver only.  This advice was well taken.  Now Edelman will get a few million dollars out of somebody.  105 catches in a season is not for nothing.  Maybe once a year, maybe less than that, Edelman should take the ball for an end-around play, then pull up sho- rt, remember his old quarterbacking skills and toss the ball to another receiver.

Somebody somewhere is rolling on the floor laughing.  Now the Boston Globe has banned the word sho- rt.  Let's experiment with a few other commonly used English words for good measure.

Shoo- t?  Banned.  It was once commonly used as a cleaner substitute for that other word.  Say, "run and gun".

Three cheers for our Boston Globe, the world's premier defender of online decency!

s-h-o-t is also banned

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Or maybe he's callenging them to be better, to step their game up next season. Giving them motivation fir next season.

Reading way too much into this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Glad he spoke up. It's hit or miss with rookies today. They must be commited.

BB should go after Kelvin Bemjamin. Trade Amendola, sign Edelman, keep Collie, and let last years rookies fight for the last two spots.

BB also needs to find another gronk.

So your answer to this is to draft another rookie? Plus, Amendola isn't going anywhere. Let that go.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

He does this every year when asked about a new WR added into the mix. I don't care who it is.

Who listens to Dennis and Callahan anyway? 50+ year old white men who are right wing nutjobs?  What a couple of losers.

Brady has got to get over himself, too. Manning works with his WRs and isn't always demanding HOF talent every year like Brady has been since 2007.

Nothing is ever good enough for Brady, even when he's missing wide open receivers in big games, WRs who DO get it.

Brady doesn't "demand" hall of fame talent every year, or any year. In fact he doesn't demand anything publicly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

s-h-o-t is also banned

Which is absolutely ridiculous on a sports board.  s-h-o-t  is critical to all sports talk.  I just don't get the speech code; who is writing the rules?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Manning works with his WRs and isn't always demanding HOF talent every year like Brady has been since 2007.

Do you watch football?  Or should we start listing Manning's WRs over his career?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hip hip horay! 

Yeah I've ran into a few words recently that I can't use...it gets annoying. This site has to be the worst site I've ever been on, my anti virus software hates the place. I have trouble logging on at times, I haven't been able to use it on my phone in months, some days I can't post a thing, some days I can, some days it's better on the iPad, some days I can't post on the iPad...it's pretty bad.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

He does this every year when asked about a new WR added into the mix. I don't care who it is.

Who listens to Dennis and Callahan anyway? 50+ year old white men who are right wing nutjobs?  What a couple of losers.

Brady has got to get over himself, too. Manning works with his WRs and isn't always demanding HOF talent every year like Brady has been since 2007.

Nothing is ever good enough for Brady, even when he's missing wide open receivers in big games, WRs who DO get it.

Brady doesn't "demand" hall of fame talent every year, or any year. In fact he doesn't demand anything publicly.

He does behind the scenes I can tell you that! lol

BB is Brady's biyatch when Brady's ego gets shown up by Gomie.

Wow!  More lies.  Bet you wish you were BB's biyatch, don't ya?

Damn shame BB doesn't have the sack to control his QB?  Funny, he finds his sack with all the other worthless draft picks and FAs.  How's that first round talent Mallet working out?

Not one damn snap this year.

You think he'll be ready to take over and get coddled too, in a couple of years?

Hey, What happened to this is your year?  BB finally reined him in and you love it?

Guess you were wrong, as usual.

Brady 2/7 and a TD

Blount 5/6 and BENCHED!  BWAHAHAHA!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Manning works with his WRs and isn't always demanding HOF talent every year like Brady has been since 2007.

Do you watch football?  Or should we start listing Manning's WRs over his career?

His career. The millisecond he gets new WRs or TEs, they work. I don't care who it is or where drafted.

Very telling.

Yes, it is.

Polian knew how to draft them.  BB just drafts busts that go on to be fry cooks at the house of pancakes, never to be heard from again.  His DB's just get to do mop up duty.

They don't get to cook. They suck that bad.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

No, he didn't.   Drafting a WR in Rd 1 cost them SBs because they had to pay them. While Harrison and Wayne were easy picks, what did they win?

One SB, barely?  Who cares if he hits on a 1st rd pick for a WR?   I would expect if BB went in Rd 1 for a WR, he'd get one.  He doesn't believe in it.

Branch and Givens were taken later in the draft but were good players.

Brady demands more, which is fine, but it's amazing how Manning simply just finds a way to work with a Collie, Gonzalez, Garcon, etc, and doesn't think twice.

Decker was a 3rd rd pick. Andre Caldwell is nothing special. Gomie doesn't play favorites either.

You lose again, Pezzy.  Brady is a whiny, mopey little girl when it comes to having to work with his WRs since 2007 and being spoiled by Randy Moss and Welker, or Gronk and Hernandez.

Whiny and mopey. He thinks he's above them.  I could see if he was performing well in the postseason, but he isn't. It's poor leadership.

Each Dobson and Thompkins's rookie years blew away Branch's and Givens's in 2002.

Who did BB draft again?  Chad Jackson?  Taylor Price?

Where are they?  Which pancake house?  Why aren't they playing with peyton?

Dobson and Thompkins and Boyce?  Why aren't they gods gifts to peyton?

Wonder how much better they would be if they were?

Wonder if peyton would be going to the SB with that cast of winners, instead of who he has?

Wonder if Fox will blow up his #1 receivers  and replace them with rookies next year?

Peyton 28 all pro skilled players, Brady 8.

Very telling.   How the hell does that even happen?

BB the GM sucks.  That's how!

SUCKS!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts