Our young receivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re: Our young receivers

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone hear the interview with Brady this morning with Dennis and Callahan? He had some interesting comments about the young receivers. First he was talking about Edelman...about how much he loves him, how happy he is for him and how hard he worked to get where he is. Then he was asked about the young guys - I thought he had a interesting answer - he went on to say they have to want it. How important is football to them? Are they going to put the work in? He then said the great receivers in the league worked for it. He mentioned Welker, he mentioned Moss. He asked the question out loud if they were willing to put football first.

I found this all very interesting. It made me wonder a little if a guy like Boyce put in the time this year needed to be a contributer in this offense, because he sure the hell didn't contribute (and I thought he had the most talent of them all). And didn't Thompkins get benched for a game? He started out fast and then hit the wall - I know rookies do that, but I wonder if he wasn't putting in the time?

I'm not saying these guys are bums, but I do think they will need to understand what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Normal rookie/young guy stuff I guess, but it has to end right now. We all know some of these guys take two/three years...a guy like Vareen admitted he didn't understand how to play tough until this year...imagine that? I was sitting there waiting for him to be good and it turns out he didn't get the memo his nfl career started three years ago. I hope Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins got that memo listening to Brady today...I'm sure the averages say one of them won't, but I'm hoping they all did.

[/QUOTE]

doesnt matter who we have playing reciever if brady cant hit them when they are wide open. i love brady and will get hammered for saying this but his skills are in rapid decline. he doeasnt throw an accurate deep ball and is even off on the shorter throws. add in that hes the slowest qb in the league and it doesnt give many options . brady succeeds mostly because other than maybe manning hes the smartest qb out there.  he didnt throw any interceptions which helped keep it from being even more of a blowout. unless the defense can be the bears of the eighties i doubt brady wins a super bowl again.

go ahead and blast away   as i said before i love having brady as our qb but his best years are behind him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Manning works with his WRs and isn't always demanding HOF talent every year like Brady has been since 2007.

[/QUOTE]

Do you watch football?  Or should we start listing Manning's WRs over his career?

[/QUOTE]

His career. The millisecond he gets new WRs or TEs, they work. I don't care who it is or where drafted.

Very telling.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is.

Polian knew how to draft them.  BB just drafts busts that go on to be fry cooks at the house of pancakes, never to be heard from again.  His DB's just get to do mop up duty.

They don't get to cook. They suck that bad.

[/QUOTE]
    really? if gronk was so bad then how did he set the touchdown record a couple of years ago? let me guess... it was all because of brady right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He does this every year when asked about a new WR added into the mix. I don't care who it is.

Who listens to Dennis and Callahan anyway? 50+ year old white men who are right wing nutjobs?  What a couple of losers.

Brady has got to get over himself, too. Manning works with his WRs and isn't always demanding HOF talent every year like Brady has been since 2007.

Nothing is ever good enough for Brady, even when he's missing wide open receivers in big games, WRs who DO get it.

[/QUOTE]

Brady doesn't "demand" hall of fame talent every year, or any year. In fact he doesn't demand anything publicly.

[/QUOTE]

No, he just dresses them down publicly while forgetting that his own deep ball skills have eroded considerably.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, he didn't.   Drafting a WR in Rd 1 cost them SBs because they had to pay them. While Harrison and Wayne were easy picks, what did they win?

One SB, barely?  Who cares if he hits on a 1st rd pick for a WR?   I would expect if BB went in Rd 1 for a WR, he'd get one.  He doesn't believe in it.

Branch and Givens were taken later in the draft but were good players.

Brady demands more, which is fine, but it's amazing how Manning simply just finds a way to work with a Collie, Gonzalez, Garcon, etc, and doesn't think twice.

Decker was a 3rd rd pick. Andre Caldwell is nothing special. Gomie doesn't play favorites either.

You lose again, Pezzy.  Brady is a whiny, mopey little girl when it comes to having to work with his WRs since 2007 and being spoiled by Randy Moss and Welker, or Gronk and Hernandez.

Whiny and mopey. He thinks he's above them.  I could see if he was performing well in the postseason, but he isn't. It's poor leadership.

Each Dobson and Thompkins's rookie years blew away Branch's and Givens's in 2002.

Who did BB draft again?  Chad Jackson?  Taylor Price?

Where are they?  Which pancake house?  Why aren't they playing with peyton?

Dobson and Thompkins and Boyce?  Why aren't they gods gifts to peyton?

Wonder how much better they would be if they were?

Wonder if peyton would be going to the SB with that cast of winners, instead of who he has?

Wonder if Fox will blow up his #1 receivers  and replace them with rookies next year?

Peyton 28 all pro skilled players, Brady 8.

Very telling.   How the hell does that even happen?

BB the GM sucks.  That's how!

SUCKS!

[/QUOTE]

I am not even sure Gomer is back next year if he wins or loses the SB.  THis is it for Denver and Gomie, but do you ever see Gomie whining about who he has to play with?

And, BB has never picked in the 1st rd for a WR.

BB is clearly the Executive of the Year this year and was in 2010, too. I'd say two awards in 4 years is pretty damn good. I don't care if the media does not want to give him the credit, it's the absolute truth.

BB cannot cover for every average Brady postseason performance over and over and over again. Brady is wasting his chances as Giselle watches from above. lol

The draft this year was quite strong from back to front, obviously.  

Outside of massive injuries, we still don''t know if Brady can show up anymore. Average will not win anything.

[/QUOTE]

No, I don't see peyton complaining as why the f'c should he?   DUUUUUUUUUUUH!

BB is 100% responsible for those losses,  You don't run a bunch of pigs out there and expect to win and it doesn't matter who the QB is.

Did Montana play with pigs?  NEVER!

Bottom crap defenses don't win SB's.

Bottom crap receivers don't win SB's

This year we had both?????

BB is not even in the conversation for GM of the year.  Nor should he be.

They need to give an award for the QB who did the most with the least.

TB wins EVERY year, hands down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Manning works with his WRs and isn't always demanding HOF talent every year like Brady has been since 2007.

[/QUOTE]

Do you watch football?  Or should we start listing Manning's WRs over his career?

[/QUOTE]

His career. The millisecond he gets new WRs or TEs, they work. I don't care who it is or where drafted.

Very telling.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is.

Polian knew how to draft them.  BB just drafts busts that go on to be fry cooks at the house of pancakes, never to be heard from again.  His DB's just get to do mop up duty.

They don't get to cook. They suck that bad.

[/QUOTE]
    really? if gronk was so bad then how did he set the touchdown record a couple of years ago? let me guess... it was all because of brady right?

[/QUOTE]

Who is Gronk?  The name sounds familiar but I can't place him.  Does he play for the Pats?

Sections
Shortcuts