OUTSIDE LINEBACKER - draft need #1 (even above O-Line and D-Line)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

Re: OUTSIDE LINEBACKER - draft need #1 (even above O-Line and D-Line)

Sorry If you watched that game sunday, 1st priority is O line, then Passrusher, then Big Bruising RB , then Scary Deep Threat WR.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I do think OLB is a top 4 need.  It is all about value.  You dont grab the best OLB in the draft in the middle 1st rd if he is 2nd rd talent.  I just want one in the top 4 picks.  Add DE, OT to that list as well. With the 4th it can be a WR, RB, or interior lineman C/OG

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'm going to disagree with the both of you.  We need high energy players of course but these are rare and high draft picks.

It starts in the trenches and the Wrights, Braces and Pryors of the world are great backups.  The Pats need some one to collapse the pocket.  DEs is where it's at.  If there is a high run on QBs it will favor the Pats position on DEs. 

OLB is also a high need though and I do think there is someone out there who can help the Pats with the 2nd pick.  Justin Houston out of Georgia.  The thing is I expect his stock to go up a bit come draft time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Defensive fron 7 and OL are the biggest need.  The actual position depends greatly on a couple of factors.  T warren's health, Mankins, light, and G warren's potential resignings, and the subsequaint replacement of TBC/ninkovitch(sp).

If they resign Mankins and G warren, and T warren is healthy(lets all hope)...then the focus swiftly shifts to OLB, and OT.  If no mankins, then sign light and focus on OG.  Either of the warrens is a no go...shift to DE.  OLB needs to be top 3 either way.  If Mankins is gone then need OG and OT later as light is to elderly to count on for long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

DE desperate need, Dareus would be nice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: OUTSIDE LINEBACKER - draft need #1 (even above O-Line and D-Line):
    DE desperate need, Dareus would be nice.
    Posted by Rick8795

Correct-a-mundo...  Impact (or even potentially "starting") 3-4 DEs go AMAZINGLY high come draft day, moreso now than Ever in NFL History.  Players whom can project to that Weakside 3-4 OLB pass-rushing threat are usually Collegiate 4-3 DEs ('tweeners)...  These guys, due to the enormous bust potential involved with the Collegiate-NFL transition of playing with their hand down to dropping back into space (pass-rush + open stance run defense + pass-coverage skills), HAVE and Continually WILL (even for the best oof them)-FALL come Draft Day due to the enormous risk involved with targeting a Collegiate 4-3 DE whom falls @ Weakside 3-4 OLB (evidenced last year itself as noone was selecting the nation's best pass-rushing collegiate OLB, Jerry Hughes, until the bottom of Rd #1-And 4-3 Defense Indy was the one nabbing Hughes, NOT a 3-4 team-TOO SCARED @ "Bust Potential").

RE: New England- Rob Ninkovich, whom I was surprised to learn is only @ 26 years old, played Strongside OLB, UNBELIEVABLY well for The Pats...  His 1st season w/ NE's D, and Ninkovich was already better than Adalius Thomas EVER was for this team...  THEN, ya have rookie Jermaine Cunningham who was in ONLY his first season, So noone trully knows how he'll develop in sum total...  LOOK, I agree we should target at the very least, 1 decent OLB come draft OR free agency, Yet to spend the very First 1st Rd Draft Pick on OLB, is lunacy... 

HERE, Is Exactly how I'd play it imo-

First Pick, Rd #1= No-freakin'-Brainer: 3-4 Defensive End

Second Pick, Rd #1=Book-End Offensive Tackle to compliment Sebastian Vollmer...  I believe we currently have 3 OTs TOTAL on roster, and 1 of them Matt Light, svx=AND he's a free agent.  By selecting an OT at the bottom of Rd #1, NE STILL should be able to get the very BEST Collegiate Offensive Tackle, whom translates well to The Pats, Pass-First, Zone-Blocking Scheme.  Alas, I'd have ZERO problem with NE selecting a Guard/Center either (Wiesninski-Penn State/Pouncey-Florida)...BUT IF OT Nate Solder's there, You POUNCE 100% 

Third Pick, (first selection of-)Rd #2=Personally, I'd target an OLB here (unless filled in Free Agency, then RB or WR).  HERE, ya can still get an excellent OLB & one whom you can groom for a year or so...  IDEAL=Mark Herzlich-6'4, 240lb, woulda been a Top 10-15 selection IF he didn't get cancer a year ago; Guy'd be a steal here b/c he can sub in @ both the weakside and the strongside OLB while he continues to improve.

Fourth Pick, (second selection of-)Rd #2=HAVE to go either RB or WR...Get another very exacting Deion Branch-esque Possession type receiver...VERY smart with perfect routes and surest of hands.  People say we need a deep threat, LMAO!  We NEED what Brady works ideally with=Smart, Sure-Handed WRs, who can run EXACT route trees/timing routes in a very complicated NE Offensive Scheme, and who WILL be precisely on the same page as Brady.  OR get another big-bruising back (at LEAST 6'0 and 230lbs), B/C Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor are dinosaurs, and these big between-the-tackles bruisers keep spearheading oppossing DTs honest, and work ideally by having those extra size and dimensions to compensate for NE's smaller pass-first/zone-blocking Offensive Line.

BOTH 3rd Rounders- 1 is for trade bait or to move up in future years to a higher Rd...The other is to bolster the Offensive or Defensive Line (personally I'd go for an OG, b/c even the very best Offensive Guards don't start coming off until halfway through Rd #2, So you can STILL ascertain a Starting Guard (a steal), somewhere within Rd #3...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

DE, OLB, TACKLE, WR, DB, RB.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Things really change if the Pats don't sign Mankins and Light.  What a hole that would open up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

In Response to Re: OUTSIDE LINEBACKER - draft need #1 (even above O-Line and D-Line):
    In Response to Re: OUTSIDE LINEBACKER - draft need #1 (even above O-Line and D-Line) : Correct-a-mundo...  Impact (or even potentially "starting") 3-4 DEs go AMAZINGLY high come draft day, moreso now than Ever in NFL History.  Players whom can project to that Weakside 3-4 OLB pass-rushing threat are usually Collegiate 4-3 DEs ('tweeners)...  These guys, due to the enormous bust potential involved with the Collegiate-NFL transition of playing with their hand down to dropping back into space (pass-rush + open stance run defense + pass-coverage skills), HAVE and Continually WILL (even for the best oof them)-FALL come Draft Day due to the enormous risk involved with targeting a Collegiate 4-3 DE whom falls @ Weakside 3-4 OLB (evidenced last year itself as noone was selecting the nation's best pass-rushing collegiate OLB, Jerry Hughes, until the bottom of Rd #1-And 4-3 Defense Indy was the one nabbing Hughes, NOT a 3-4 team-TOO SCARED @ "Bust Potential"). RE : New England- Rob Ninkovich, whom I was surprised to learn is only @ 26 years old, played Strongside OLB, UNBELIEVABLY well for The Pats...  His 1st season w/ NE's D, and Ninkovich was already better than Adalius Thomas EVER was for this team...  THEN, ya have rookie Jermaine Cunningham who was in ONLY his first season, So noone trully knows how he'll develop in sum total...  LOOK, I agree we should target at the very least, 1 decent OLB come draft OR free agency, Yet to spend the very First 1st Rd Draft Pick on OLB, is lunacy...  HERE, Is Exactly how I'd play it imo - First Pick, Rd #1= No-freakin'-Brainer: 3-4 Defensive End Second Pick, Rd #1=Book-End Offensive Tackle to compliment Sebastian Vollmer...  I believe we currently have 3 OTs TOTAL on roster, and 1 of them Matt Light, svx=AND he's a free agent.  By selecting an OT at the bottom of Rd #1, NE STILL should be able to get the very BEST Collegiate Offensive Tackle, whom translates well to The Pats, Pass-First, Zone-Blocking Scheme.  Alas, I'd have ZERO problem with NE selecting a Guard/Center either (Wiesninski-Penn State/Pouncey-Florida)...BUT IF OT Nate Solder's there, You POUNCE 100%  Third Pick, (first selection of-)Rd #2=Personally, I'd target an OLB here (unless filled in Free Agency, then RB or WR).  HERE, ya can still get an excellent OLB & one whom you can groom for a year or so...  IDEAL=Mark Herzlich-6'4, 240lb, woulda been a Top 10-15 selection IF he didn't get cancer a year ago; Guy'd be a steal here b/c he can sub in @ both the weakside and the strongside OLB while he continues to improve.   Fourth Pick, (second selection of-)Rd #2=HAVE to go either RB or WR...Get another very exacting Deion Branch-esque Possession type receiver...VERY smart with perfect routes and surest of hands.  People say we need a deep threat, LMAO!  We NEED what Brady works ideally with=Smart, Sure-Handed WRs, who can run EXACT route trees/timing routes in a very complicated NE Offensive Scheme, and who WILL be precisely on the same page as Brady.  OR get another big-bruising back (at LEAST 6'0 and 230lbs), B/C Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor are dinosaurs, and these big between-the-tackles bruisers keep spearheading oppossing DTs honest, and work ideally by having those extra size and dimensions to compensate for NE's smaller pass-first/zone-blocking Offensive Line. BOTH 3rd Rounders- 1 is for trade bait or to move up in future years to a higher Rd...The other is to bolster the Offensive or Defensive Line (personally I'd go for an OG, b/c even the very best Offensive Guards don't start coming off until halfway through Rd #2, So you can STILL ascertain a Starting Guard (a steal), somewhere within Rd #3...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I absolutely agree. Moreover, the Pats' recent drafting history would lead us to believe that Laz's scenario fits perfectly with Belichick's tendancies. JJ Watt would make a lot of sense at 17, thus filling our need for a play-making DE. The second of the two first-rounders goes towards whichever need on the OL is greater (i.e. if Mankins leaves and Light stays, then OG becomes a higher priority over OT, and vice-versa. If both leave, then I would be inclined to go with the BPA at either OT or OG).

33 would be best used on someone like Justin Houston. I like Herzlich too (believe me, I go to BC. The guy's a god around here), but not enough to take him at the top of Round 2. To begin with, he'd have to add about 15 lbs to be in that ideal 255-260 lbs range. His best attribute is his "natural feel" for the game, but I'm not entirely sold on him as a pass-rusher. If Herzlich's around at the bottom of Round 2 or into Round 3, then I would have no problem with the Pats taking him. My belief is that if you're going to take an OLB that high (which there's no garauntee that the Pats do), then he should at least be able multi-faceted in terms of what he brings to the defense (i.e. not just a good pass-rusher or good coverage guy). Personally, I like Houston the best of all the OLB prospects - he's got experience playing OLB (albiet for only 1 year), but that year spent as a 3-4 OLB was statistically his most productive. He's tremendous at rushing the passer, but can seal the edge against the run quite well and, as noted above, has experience dropping back into coverage as a 3-4 OLB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Things really change if the Pats don't sign Mankins and Light.  What a hole that would open up.
    Posted by garytx

For some reason, I don't see Patriots re-signing Mankins. Light may re-up for a lower salary. Neal may retire. Koppen needs to be replaced too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mailman14. Show mailman14's posts

Pats definitely need OLB.Tully Banta Cain needs to be released right now.He no longer has a purpose on any football field.My words can't describe how bad he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goredsox100. Show goredsox100's posts

Are there more seasoned OL players in FA? I know how important our line is, which was very apparent vs. NYJ, but I'd like to see us bolster our Front 7 and Running back with the first three picks, and use the 3rd round to find OL.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

Here are my thoughts.

First of all it would not be smart to draft a OL in the first round that could be available in the late second round. And I don't believe we should be drafting a RB or WR in the first 2 rounds anyway. Not to say that if for some stupid reason Ingram is available at 33 I would be tempted. But I like Bilal Powell in the 4th or later

So here we go...assuming that the Pats find a way to keep Mankins and Light and Kazur returns...

I would draft the DE/OLB like Watt at 17...I think the Pats move down a few spots but that may not be bad with a hopeful QB and CB run early.
    But lets call it as it is Watt at 17.

Then I would actually trade away the 2nd first rounder and and probably trade down on the second rounder...now use both second rounders on OL or 1 OL and 1 DL.

3rd round...take some gambles...bigger WR (6-4) with hands...maybe another OLB...or trade again.

I think this is a decent stradegy because all you're really looking for in this draft is one, maybe two impact players(first rounder on Watt and maybe 2nd rounder on OL). the rest of the picks are groomers. This team is good enough to pickup one impact player and a solid OL and trade down a couple times to earn picks for next year and sign a good FA. This way you've made improvements(Watt being huge improvement)on Defense and added youth to the OL, added some picks for next year and didn't have to deprive yourself in future draft in case this draft is a bust or if someone suffers a career ending injury.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I would phrase the primary need not by position but by role. They first and foremost need to add 1-2 strong pass rushers that are also strong against the run. That means at least one true stud at either DE or OLB. In this sort of a 3-4 it is not common to find a stud DE that generates pass rush like a stud OLB. But if you can find one... It would be nice to look for the next Richard Seymour and the next McGinest or Vrabel.

In any case they need to upgrade at both positions with pass rush being a requirement at both but not to the neglect of other critical abilities.

To those who have pushed the OL needs, I also agree. There is both too much age and not enough ability in the last four years to handle post season level of play agasint the better Ds you hit in the playoffs.

To those who push for a bruising RB - while I would love a bruising RB, it is NOT at all the primary need at that position. First is for a true feature back who has the ability to break long runs. That does not mean he can be a lightweight. But he must be able to keep some fear in the D as to worrying about a big running play. A bruiser would be a help but it takes second to this need. And if you have a superior OL then a quick, smart RB with some strength can get the job done. But there is no compensating for a lack of big play potential.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbdam. Show cbdam's posts

PORTFOLIO1,
    i totally agree with your assessment of de, olb, o-line and if we go rb, going the way you suggest. in regard to the latter, what do you think of the back out of illinois?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Looking at our team and making this simple.

1. Defensive front 7
    2. Offensive Line
    3. Running Back

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Looking at our team and making this simple. 1. Defensive front 7 2. Offensive Line 3. Running Back
    Posted by Wizardsjag

I would replace 3 with WR as they will probably address RB in FA and the draft and let Morris walk.

The front 7 this past year was running off of back ups and young players. The young players gained tons of experience.  DE has to be addressed with one of the top picks. We have no idea how long Ty Warren will last as he has been hurt for the past 3 years.

The Pats will probably have to draft or sign another DE to pair with the one they draft this year as Ty wont be on this team past next year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I saw this mock a week ago and it is a LONG shot but i like it

17) Von Miller (de/olb tweener) Replaces Tull banta cain
    28) Justin Houston (de/olb tweener) replaces sub package de/olb eric moore
    33) Steve Wisnewski (spelling ??) replaces Neal, Mankins or Koppen???
    66) Trade UP FOR ---
    Lawrence Guy*, DE/DT, Arizona State
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 293.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.91.
    Projected Round (2011): 1-2.
    10/8/10: Guy has very good weight room strength, nice athleticism and a good motor. However, he struggles when run at and this makes him not the best fit at 4-3 defensive tackle. At the 5-technique position, he'll be matched up 1v1 against an offensive tackle and be able to use his playing strengths.

5/8/10: Lawrence Guy had seven TFL and 4.5 sacks as a mere sophomore in 2009. Best fit is the 3-4.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to OUTSIDE LINEBACKER - draft need #1 (even above O-Line and D-Line):
    With players coming back from injury, the Pats would have Wilfork, Ty Warren, Mike Wright, Ron Brace, and Myron Pryor to form a nice 5-man defensive line rotation while hopefully re-signing Gerard Warren.  While one or two might get injured, I think that this year was a little outside the norm for defensive line injuries. If the Pats re-sign Mankins, they tend to do well with linemen later in the draft anyways and top interior lineman Pouncey isn't rated as a first round pick right now.  Pouncey would look nice replacing either Connolly or Koppen. OUTSIDE LINEBACKER IS THE PATS' TOP NEED. -Banta Cain is one-dimensional and his one dimension of pass rushing isn't even that great -Ninkovich is too athletically limited to be anything more than a high-energy motor player -Cunningham sets the edge nicely, but only has a speed rush until he learns other moves A list of guys the Pats should move up to acquire: (1) Akeem Ayers, UCLA (6-4 250) (2) Justin Houston, Georgia (6-3, 260) (3) Aldon Smith, Missouri (6-4, 260) (4) Von Miller, Texas A&M (6-3, 245) All of these guys have some size to set the edge in the run game, but also sound like athletic pass rushers who could beat a guy 1-on-1 on edge or at least draw a double team or hold up in coverage using their physical skills
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I don't have time to write in much anymore but you're absolutely right that OLB is the highest priority. We haven't had a good one since Rosy.

Anyway I'm with you there but I'm not sure who they should pick. A new Ty Warren and Richard Seymour would also help but we'll never get those positions of quality unless BB wants to trade up.

Yup, Willy Mac please walk through that door because we need you buddy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

It's not just about OLB being the biggest need

IT'S ALSO BECAUSE OLB IS WHERE THE PATS STAND TO IMPROVE THE MOST

DE Ty Warren - been listed as the biggest Pro Bowl snub twice
    NT Vince Wilfork - the premiere nose tackle in football
    DE Gerard Warren - surprisingly effective and strong enough to even collapse the pocket a few times to get 3.5 sacks - WOULD NEED TO BE RE-SIGNED

DE Mike Wright - the top backup, but definitely more of a pass rusher
    DE Myron Pryor - almost entirely a pass rusher
    NT/DE Ron Brace - better at end and your top run-stopping backup
    DE Brandon Deadrick - a project that could turn into a good 2-gap run stopper

That sounds like a pretty good defensive line rotation to me.  I don't think the Pats stand to gain much by wasting a pick on injury insurance WHEN THE OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS WERE VIRTUALLY NON-EXISTANT THIS YEAR!!!

The Pats gain the most by UPGRADING their OLB corps.  By drafting ANOTHER defensive end, they gain very little over what they already have

As for offensive line:
    LT - TBD (Vollmer or Matt Light)
    LG - RE-SIGN MANKINS
    C - Dan Koppen or interior lineman in the draft (Pouncey?)
    RG - Connolly or interior lineman TBD (Pouncey?)
    RT - Vollmer or Nick Kaczur

I think you need to replace Ohrnberger as the project lineman, too - every time I've seen him in the game, I've seen him in the game, which shouldn't be happening as much - he seems to struggle when given chances.

The big thing with offensive line is that you can get great value in later rounds.  I don't think that all but the top-10-pick Left Tackles offer that much more than prospects available later (Stephen Neal was quietly one of the best interior linemen in the league if you watched him closely enough and he was undrafted as a former wrestling champion).  I think finding grinders with attitudes is more important, and this needn't cost a high draft pick, especially for interior linemen to replace Connolly or Koppen who struggles at times, too (even though Koppen's smarts also help things gel...)

So the Pats get more value out of drafting a top OLB (a 6-5, 250 stud with speed and pass rush moves who can immediately contribute) than an offensive lineman with their top picks because offensive linemen can be had later in the draft, too, especially guards (only top tackles offer a big gain over their later-drafted counterparts)

Anyhow, that's just my two cents (again).

Sad to talk about the draft so soon...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

DE Ty Warren - been listed as the biggest Pro Bowl snub twice
    NT Vince Wilfork - the premiere nose tackle in football
    DE Gerard Warren - surprisingly effective and strong enough to even collapse the pocket a few times to get 3.5 sacks - WOULD NEED TO BE RE-SIGNED

DE Mike Wright - the top backup, but definitely more of a pass rusher
    DE Myron Pryor - almost entirely a pass rusher
    NT/DE Ron Brace - better at end and your top run-stopping backup
    DE Brandon Deadrick - a project that could turn into a good 2-gap run stopper

Warren and Wilfork need help. DE/DT are the strongest players on the defense.
    What's the point of the 3-4 defense when you can't stop the run consistently?
    The job of the defensive end is run-stopper and block eater.
    The 3 chaps up front have not been in championship form for a while just looking at defensive YPA.
    If you would assert that the ILB are good run stoppers than the either the OLB or front 3 are poor run stoppers. I saw enough runs inside this year to know its the front 3 getting run over.
    Wilfork can't do it alone and the other guys helped us win some games but not create a dominating run defense.
    Run defense is great for getting your team off the field on third down.
    OLB is the pass rusher and outside run stopper; no argument we need help there.
    Long story short I feel DE/DT would be more bang for the buck but we'll never be able to grab the elite one in the draft.  For the Pats picking order I think they can find a great OLB or two and hope they can rush the passer.
    We also have to hope that Ty Warren comes back healthy in pro-bowl snub form for that group to succeed.
    We also have to hope that someone else steps up and becomes elite and that's a lot to hope for.
    I'm with you on the need for OLB and that's where they're going but don't be surprised or dissapointed if they go for a DE/DT.

Defensive Yards Per Rush Attempt Leaders 2007 first to present

RKTEAMATTYDSYDS/ALONGTDYDS/GFUMFUML
    26New England36015724.449798.330
    15New England41517224.1628107.633
    23New England39817684.4506110.595
    16New England40917284.23610108.096

Defensive Yards Per Rush 2003 and 2004

RKTEAMATTYDSYDS/ALONGTDYDS/GFUMFUML
    6New England40114343.6231089.664
    11New England40515723.934998.3119

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I just looked at the most recent mock draft and it has NE taking a DE and OL.

I like BB picking those dump trucks and feel less well about his ability to pick LBs.

Maybe they just offer a FA a contract.

Richard Seymour will be a FA; don't under-estimate NE's appeal after two years in Oakland.

Paul Posluszny is a LB who may want to take a shot at winning everything.

There is no way in hell anyone is going to let NE get their hands on a good pass rusher either in the draft or through trade and I'd love to be wrong.

Let's just load up on stopping the run and see how one-dimensional we can make a team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

I like our front 3 has a decent depth but besides big vince there are no playmakes.
    WE have at de and olb guys that can either stop the run or pass rush. Wright and pryor can rush but not stop the runn and brace and deadrick can stop the run but not rush.'
    Banta cain can only rush, and nincovich is solid vs the run
    Cunningham has the potential to be complte.

I would like either jordan,watt,dareus or hayward as a de.
    and KERRIGAN as an old or robert quinn as well as the de froma rizona number 42 idk his name.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

I agree with what is being posted on this thread.  The most likely order will be:17: DE – JJ Watts would be great.28: OT – Even if Light stays, Pats need a future replacement.  We go OT at 28 instead of OG because some very good OGs will still be on the board come the second round.  4 OTs were taken in the first round last year, whereas only 1 Guard and 1 Center were taken in the first round.33:  OLB – As Laz pointed out, the risk of finding a conversion type 3-4 conversion type is risky.  We could probably trade down a bit and still find a high quality prospect.  Misi was the first conversion type picked in the second round (#40).  If the Pats trade #33 down then they may be able to pick up a high quality Guard before our next pick at 60. Pick # 33 is going to be incredibly useful.  I think we can expect a lot of wheelin and dealin in the second round and come away with some quality players as well as a future pick. If the board plays out in similar fashion as last your then I think the Pats will find the best value by picking:  DE – OT – OLB – OG. 

Sections
Shortcuts