Outside of the Patriots, what NFL team do you like the best?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Outside of the Patriots, what NFL team do you like the best?

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:

Saints .

Mainly because they were so historically bad that their fans started showing up at games with paper bags over their heads ( felt a kindred spirit with the terrible Pats 70's - early 80's teams )

Bobby Hebert's 80's teams were fun to watch ( once even dethroned the hated 49ers of that era )

Bree's Saints resurrrection was also fun to watch and their SB win over the Colts was the most satisfing non-Pats SB win that I can remember .

I was very happy when the Saints won the SB.  I don't like the team as much at the current time because of the whole bountgate incident.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

None.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Always a fan of the Lions (played for Detroit Tigers in Little League Baseball, and thus cheered for all Detriot teams) and the 49ers (used to get a lot of 49er games on TV in Boston, and I thought Ray Scott was one of the best football announcers ever).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I only root for the Pats, but growing up they were perennially lousy except for the fleeting Fairbanks era and then Ray Berry's teams in the mid-80s.

So in those days, there'd be teams that I would enjoy watching.  I'd say the Air Coryell Chargers were pretty entertaining, the Hank Stram Chiefs, the Purple People Eaters.

I do think the NFL was alot more colorful then. I hated the Raiders, but they sure were interesting to watch. Steelers too. Cowboys as well.  My favorite player of the 70s was probably Bullet Bob Hayes.  Thought Bert Jones was the best QB of his era, way underrated. Used to torment the Pats. 

They don't make guys like Jack Lambert, Mike Curtis, John Riggins, Larry Czonka, Willie Lanier anymore

Good stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I've always liked the Steelers for some reason.  Just like their style of football.  Also have some fondness for the Browns.  Wouldn't mind having an NFC team to root for, but despite having relatives with season tickets in Lambeau and having been to many Packers games there, I just can't get in to the Packers all that much.  Maybe 49ers . . . or Redskins . . . and then Packers. 

But really, with the Pats to root for, who needs any other NFL team?

I do like the Argos, CFL champions this year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I don't have another team I normally root for week to week, but the team I'm probably rooting for the strongest outside of afc tie breaker stuff is the Redskins. 

I would love to see the Redskins pass the Giants and win the NFC east division. Their fans have suffered pretty long and at least they don't seem obnoxious, like Eagles, Jets & Giants fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Grew up feasting on the Giants as they were the only game in town when you lived in NE prior to the AFL and the merger.  Since then, love/hate..  hate them for ruining the undefeated season and winning AGAIN in the last SB.  The angst of it all!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

None, but I did develop an affinity for the Dallas Cowboys way back when. Mainly because they were on tv most Sundays with Pat Summerall and John Madden announcing and they won almost every week like the Patriots do now. They had a great and respectable coach in Tom Landry and great players like "Hollywood" Henderson, "Too Tall" Jones, Charlie Waters, Randy White, Harvey Martin, Lee Roy Jordan, Mel Renfro, Bob Lilly, the list goes on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I have great respect for the Giants and Steelers organizations. I still hate their guts,but I respect them.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Always a fan of the Lions (played for Detroit Tigers in Little League Baseball, and thus cheered for all Detriot teams) and the 49ers (used to get a lot of 49er games on TV in Boston, and I thought Ray Scott was one of the best football announcers ever).

I don't know how old you are but he has one of the best,subtle calls ever in Super Bowl history. Intercepted.................Herb Adderly..................Touchdown. I was 10 years old during Super Bowl II but I remember that call. Jack Whitaker of CBS was also up there with Ray.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Like a lot of us in SE Mass, I grew up rooting for the Giants. The Pats were my AFL team of course. The only time I cried in sports was when the Giants lost to the Bears in the 63 title game.(Didn't cry after Bucky Dent or game 6 in 86. I hate calling it the Buckner game ) I was six OK! A week later the Pats got crushed by the Chargers 51-10 in the AFL title game and it didn't hurt as much. In 64 the Giants were 2-12 and the Pats were 10-3-1 so obviously I had more interest in them. 65 they had similar records and 66 the Jints were awful and the Pats were one game behind the Bills for first place. My second favorite team is now the Eagles because  l've lived in Philly since 71. I stopped rooting for the Giants by 73 or 74. Respect them but don't like them now. The other teams I liked were the real Cleveland Browns(now the Ravens) And the Chargers. Don't really like the Ravens but I respect them a lot. I just can't get in to the current Browns, though if they were in a Super Bowl against anybody but the Eagles I would root for them. I mean come on what city has had more heratbreak then Cleveland?? I've always hated the Dolphins in the AFC and the Cowboys in the NFC. Always disliked the Raiders but not now. The Steelers are getting up there just because I'm sick of them and they have too many fans around here. Chargers are my second favorite AFC team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Cowboys. The other half of my family is from Texas, so the Cowboys were always our NFC team. They will never trump the Pats, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Used to be the Bills cuz my pops grew up in Buffalo and I saw his heart break 4 years in a row... but now that I live in Denver and the lady is a Bronco's fan I tell everyone Denver is my #2... but I have yet to meet ONE Bronco fan who says they even like the Pats, let alone would make them a second favorite... its all about how bad we cheated and how we gave them a cheater in McD, blah blah blah... so I really have a hard time with that choice, haha.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Jacksonville. I know they stink but there the local team and having them here is good for the city.

From Boston so never give up on my Boston Teams

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Saints, I don't root against em, and watch all their games. I'm torn, I like to see them win, because it makes my friends happy, and they do play a very interesting brand of football.

But they are not a likeable team if you follow their pressers and character. I don't like Brees' ego, and the team is kind of loaded with punks. If I grew up here, I'd get over it. I wish they were more lieable because being in the NFC, I could easily root for them and rarely have it impact my undying Pats fandom. 

I root casually for the 49ers if they are playing, because when I was very young I was a big Joe Montana fan, and kind of developed an interest. If I ever moved to the Bay area, I would have no trouble adopting this team.

I root for the Falcons when they are on, because I followed Matt Ryan all the way through college. 

You have some kind of connection with Louisiana don't you Z?

Sections
Shortcuts