Over 1 million will call in to work sick today...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Over 1 million will call in to work sick today...

Are you one of them?

It stung a little bit more this morning waking up to the fact the Patriots lost the Super Bowl, but I will carry on to work today.  Sure beats sitting around in front of the tv or computer in a dazed and confused state all day long.

Just curious, anyone here calling in sick to work today?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Over 1 million will call in to work sick today...

I'm sick right now...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I am ummm "working from home" today.  Also to add to the list -- Not watching ESPN, NFL Network, or any other sports channel for at least a week.  I know what is going to be on there....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I worked Saturday to be off today....now I wallow in misery.  Tis a sad day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I sit in front of the computer in a dazed state at work anyways. Still stunned, can't even talk to anyone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Took a vacation day. Cant turn the TV on, cant see pictures of or hear the name Eli...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm at home dazed and confused in front of the computer. That's because I'm off on Mondays, always. I'll go in tommorow, and I'll have to listen to Colts fans talk about how great Eli was. They won't give me a lot of trouble, they're fairly nice. And to be fair, I didn't give them much trouble when they lost in 2009. I'm not one to rub it in much. But be thankful you don't live in Colts country. One of my co-workers and her husband actually worked at the game, so I'm sure I'll have to hear all about that Tuesday, but, it will pass. I can still whip out "2-14" as a last resort. And the bright side is, it's not likely that any of the Mannings will ever get back to the Super Bowl. Peyton is DONE, and Eli is going to lose some of his team to free agency, and the kind of fortuitous bounces he's had will eventually run out. PLUS, no one repeats anymore, so we can probably relax on the Manning front for a while.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

And let me say too, that this morning is like breaking up with a girl that you've really liked for a long time. I usually turn on mike and mike in the morning on Monday to follow the Patriots and other nfl news, but I don't dare this morning. Can't turn on espn either, or nfl network. It's like having really good friends that have left and you can't talk to anymore. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's worse for those of us who no longer live in Mass.

My co-workers here in Vegas are loaded for bear.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

I took today off too but I would love to call in sick tomorrow.  Wish I lived in the Boston area as I have no one to vent to around here since I live in Packer country and most of them wanted the Giants to win though I dont know why!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

As soon as the Pats lose I go outside to go to get beer and hear neighbours cheering,wonder what it costs to fix a keyed CTS, just the one side?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Over 1 million will call in to work sick today...:
    [QUOTE]I took today off too but I would love to call in sick tomorrow.  Wish I lived in the Boston area as I have no one to vent to around here since I live in Packer country and most of them wanted the Giants to win though I dont know why!!
    Posted by umichfan[/QUOTE]

Really? I find that difficult to understand. What beef does GB have with NE? I'd think they'd have plenty against NY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Over 1 million will call in to work sick today...:
    [QUOTE]Are you one of them? It stung a little bit more this morning waking up to the fact the Patriots lost the Super Bowl, but I will carry on to work today.  Sure beats sitting around in front of the tv or computer in a dazed and confused state all day long. Just curious, anyone here calling in sick to work today?
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    I wake up and work out to Mike & Mike in the morning.  Watched very little.  I am certain all the talking heads are pounding the Pats and Brady for that loss when it appeared they were well on their way to a win.  If any of you watched much, how many times was this comment made: (somewhat) " The Patriots showed why their defense is the worst in the NFL and defense wins championships!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Turn it off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I am ummm "working from home" today.  Also to add to the list -- Not watching ESPN, NFL Network, or any other sports channel for at least a week.  I know what is going to be on there....
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]
    Actually, now that football is over, nothing much to watch now, right?  Unless you are big into basketball and hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Mike and Mike should change their names to "Pipe and Pipe"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Turn it off.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    I did!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Over 1 million will call in to work sick today... : Really? I find that difficult to understand. What beef does GB have with NE? I'd think they'd have plenty against NY.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Hell if I know why.  I went to a Super Bowl party(which I left right after halftime to watch the game in peace) and most of them were cheering for the Giants.  Maybe, it's just the area I live in.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

work from home but haven't done anything all day, no sports channels until the week of the combine and hope they don't bring up the SB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i wore a patriots shirt out today, sad ending, but still proud of my team

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

I know this is very childish, but these last 2 Super Bowl losses have me questioning watching football anymore. I can't take it.....I can't go through it anymore. I am sitting at work and minutes seem like days, it took me half the day to even get on the internet and I will not watch t.v. for a long time. The way both of these games (super bowls) ended have destroyed me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I know this is very childish, but these last 2 Super Bowl losses have me questioning watching football anymore. I can't take it.....I can't go through it anymore. I am sitting at work and minutes seem like days, it took me half the day to even get on the internet and I will not watch t.v. for a long time. The way both of these games (super bowls) ended have destroyed me.
    Posted by PATinPA[/QUOTE]
    Hey, it's a game.  Enjoy it for what it is.  Support your team win or lose..  the enjoyment is seeing the successes knowing there will be tough times.  Otherwise, no one would watch sports unless a good ending is guaranteed every time out!

Sections
Shortcuts