overrated 9-0 PACKERS have faced only one good team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

overrated 9-0 PACKERS have faced only one good team

The saints in week1 ... Chicago was sketchy .500 team when GB beat them week3.  Then they beat the mediocre 5-4 falcons and 4-5 chargers...

The rest of their wins are on bottom feeders and they have TB this week.

Look for them to stumble down the stretch as the games get tougher .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

Re: overrated 9-0 PACKERS have faced only one good team

I'm not sure they're truly "over-rated", but they have not played anyone really good outside of the Saints...It should get interesting down the stretch for them.  I like how Aaron Rodgers plays at that moment, but he does seem a little too cocky.  If the OL doesn't get any better they may end up losing him, he took some real good shots the other night vs. the Vikings, and they're horrible!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Until these guys lose...they deserve the title of "Champs". Superbowl winners who have yet to lose this year. How that becomes over-rated is ridiculous. I don't care who they've played, this is the NFL. If you don't know by now that this team is for real, you need to wake up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

I agree with tanbass.  A superbowl winner that has followed up that success with a 9-0 record thus far.  I don't care if they played and beat the Manningless Colts 9 times in a row.  It is still impressive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

No team in the NFL can be taken lightly these days. Maybe the 9-0 would be more significant if half of their games were again more highly ranked teams but this is still the NFL where on any given day anything can happen. If it was our Pats that were 9-0 to this point most fans around New England would be on the defensive if someone from New York or New Jersey said the same thing. 

9-0 is still a very impressive start. The last seven games will be more of a challenge as they face the Bears once but in Green Bay, Detroit twice, an improving Oakland team, plus the Giants in New York plus KC and Tampa which should be easy wins.  

Living in Milwaukee since 2004 I still root for Boston teams, but I get to see the Green Bay games every weekend and the offense is scary right now. They have so many weapons including a very deep group of recievers backed up by a good running game. Going undefeated is a possibility if they don't take anyone lightly. The defense isn't as solid as last year but with Rogers possibly the best QB in the NFL this year completing over 70% of his passes they will be tough to beat. 

Hetchinspete.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Meh. They have continued to win after coming off a SB and Rodgers is playing the best at his position right now hands down. The D is also starting to get it together also. I guess if your the best team in the league right now yet overrated..sure. They can only play who is on the schedule.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

aaron rodgers is a d bag

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In Response to Re: overrated 9-0 PACKERS have faced only one good team:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure they're truly "over-rated", but they have not played anyone really good outside of the Saints...It should get interesting down the stretch for them.  I like how Aaron Rodgers plays at that moment, but he does seem a little too cocky.  If the OL doesn't get any better they may end up losing him, he took some real good shots the other night vs. the Vikings, and they're horrible!
    Posted by PatsFanVA33[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not overrated, but not really challenged yet. Nothing they can do but play the games on the schedule

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Detroit 2X baby up and coming.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to overrated 9-0 PACKERS have faced only one good team:
    [QUOTE]The saints in week1 ... Chicago was sketchy .500 team when GB beat them week3.  Then they beat the mediocre 5-4 falcons and 4-5 chargers... The rest of their wins are on bottom feeders and they have TB this week. Look for them to stumble down the stretch as the games get tougher .
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right. But, frankly, this seems to be wishful thinking on your part. The 2011 Pack reminds me of the 2007 Patriots. They do have five tough games remaining...including two with the somewhat fading Lions, on the road against the Giants, and home games with the Raiders, and the tough Chicago Bears. Here's their remaining schedule: http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The 2007 pats were 7-0 against quality, winning teams.

We'll see what the pack is made of in coming weeks... I'm just not convinced yet.  We all know what happens to overconfident teams (unfortunately ).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I watched versus this week and at the end of the Pats section an announcer stated that the Pats 32nd rated defense gets a lot of attention but the 31st doesn't and that defense belongs to the Packers. Of course some of the reasons are the same (and I said some so don't linch me), because with a good offense who scores a lot early(and I know the Pats haven't doen that in a few games), the defensive stats look bad because the other team has to throw a lot then. I do belive the Packers Defesne has not had a tough test yet.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]The saints in week1 ... Chicago was sketchy .500 team when GB beat them week3.  Then they beat the mediocre 5-4 falcons and 4-5 chargers... The rest of their wins are on bottom feeders and they have TB this week. Look for them to stumble down the stretch as the games get tougher .
    you're crazy, the Pack is far better than all the others. they actually have a pass defense.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It will be interesting to see what Rodgers does with a couple of teams in Detroit and New Jersey (blue) who can get after the quarterback. The Lions, as expected, are turning out to still be the Lions, but they do like to cheap shot quarterbacks, so those games might be interesting to watch even though I suspect Detroit will get bonked.

As for the blue team . . .  I'm still not convinced what they've got. Color me skeptical when it comes to Eli Manning, but again, they will chase Rodgers around all day, if nothing else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Overrated? Are you freaking serious?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Overrated ... by the media, and apparently people  like you. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Ridiculous.  When is the last time this team lost?  Calling out their schedule is non sense, they've beat everyone they have played, that is all they can do.

What are the Pats "good wins"?  The Jets who can't beat Denver?  Dallas?  Does Pitt have a good win other than NE?  Do the Saints have a good win?  Do the Bears have a good win? 

So who actually has "good wins"?  Baltimore, NYG because they won at NE? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

So what? Be happy for them. They are undefeated and playing well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Here we go again.... someone is "overrated". On what facts are you basing this earth shaking "opinion"? This year's results so far, or from last year's results? Which way do you want to play it? So far this seaon, they played and beat last year's #2 regular season team (Falcolns) who were picked by many folks (experts and others) to go to the SB this year. They played and beat their division winner already (Bears). So far, they have played and beaten 5 teams that are on track to either be improved from last year's results (Panthers, Broncos, Saints, Bears, Chargers), and 4 against teasms doing worse (Falcons, with 1 more loss than all of '10, the Rams with 5 less overall wins, and the woeful Vikings). 

They still have 2 games to play vs the Lions (who are MUCH better), the Raiders (ahead of last year's 8-8 pace), and the Giants (on track for another 10 win season). They also have two games left with 10 win teams last season that have fallen off the map (Bucs and Chiefs). But, of course we know that all folks calling the Pack "overrated" have got the following 100% iron locked guaranteed information already in hand:  1) Who will win the 2012 presdiential election  2)  The winning numbers to the PowerBall AND MegaMillions lotteries for this weekend  3) Who is GUARANTEED to play in the upcoming SB and what the final score will be.

Another question: ARe teh Patriots "overrated" too? ON last check they beat the 2 win Fins, the 4-5 Bolts, and the horrible 5-5 JESTS! (twice). Their remain games include walkovers vs the 3-6 Eagles and Redskins, one more vs the lowly Fins, the woe-be-gone 4-5 Chiefs, the 5-5 Broncos (Tut! Tut! If they were no good for the Pack, they are just as no good vs the Patriots), the 5-4 Bills who were, at the time, "lucky" to have beaten the Pats in week #3, and the best of all, ANOTHER Game Of The Decade against the 0-10 Colts. Looks like a solid case to say teh Pats, too, are "overrated". 

But, here's the clincher that you totally fail to grasp, or continually refuse to acknowledge about the Packers: When they won the Super Bowl, ALL experts, self professed or otherwise names, were gushing over the fact that they had just won the Lombardi with a beat up team (so many starters were on IR). They went off as the prohibitive favorite to repeat in 2011, especially seeing how these regulars were going to be ready to play. Guess what? They are, for teh most part, playing AND the Pack is sitting 9-0. Seems to me that this prediction is, well, CORRECT. So, tell us all how thay are considered to be "overrated"? Theya re doing what they were predicted to do, once healthy.

Good night, Irene! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: overrated 9-0 PACKERS have faced only one good team:
    [QUOTE]The 2007 pats were 7-0 against quality, winning teams. We'll see what the pack is made of in coming weeks... I'm just not convinced yet.  We all know what happens to overconfident teams (unfortunately ).

GB is what 3-0 against winning teams, NO, ATL, CHI.  Denver is 5-5 and GB beat them.  By the end of the year GB will have 7+ games against team that have winning records.

Unlike the 2007 Pats, GB has 2 division opponents that are play-off caliber, the rest of the AFC east in 2007 was absolute garbage. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Tuna said it best.....
    "You are what your record says you are...."

GB is a really good football team right now but whether
    they can sustain the level of play into and  through the 
    playoffs without injury to key players remains to be seen.

A "healthy" New England v.s GB might be a better contest
    than most people might think...

Sections
Shortcuts