PA Gov a moron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

PA Gov a moron?

On the cancelled Eagles game....

"We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking our butt in everything. If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game?"

Uh no the Chinese would have just marched out 100,000 slave laborers and political prisoners and had them shovel the streets under threat of execution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: PA Gov a moron?

Yes, true the Chinese would have made it happen however they had to. But I tend to side with him on the wuss factor. It's football, play the game. I can't ever recall a football game being canceled due to snow and wind. On the other hand, there's something to watch on TV tonight, so it's all good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I listened to his interview and loved it.  He basically thought what many others have...football is football and should be played in any weather.  The NFL was probably more concerned about the fans driving to the game though? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

they are a bunch of Wusses i went to that miami game in like 2 feet of snow and sat in a snow drift

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to PA Gov a moron?:
    [QUOTE] Uh no the Chinese would have just marched out 100,000 slave laborers and political prisoners and had them shovel the streets under threat of execution.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Yeah and then they would have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan without justification ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

It's all got to do with money.
    All the ticket holders would have wanted their money back since they were told to stay off of the roads.
    And if Pa is anything like NY these days they're not plowing as much because they can't afford to pay the drivers overtime. Again money.

As for the Gov..
    He gets driven to the games in a limo so he doesn't really have the right to offer an opinion on others risking their lives on the road. He also went into some sort of rant about how they call baseball games because of rain when half the stands are already full. Makes me wonder how a guy that can't tell the difference between driving in a rainstorm and in a blizzard can run a state. He also complained that there was only 2 or 3 inches of snow on the ground when they called the game. I guess the weather forecast of 2 to 4 inches per hour and 40 mph winds by game time was meaningless.

Bottom line was that it was an epic winter storm complete with thunder and lightening snow not a couple of inches and it was the right call. The request to postpone was also made by his public safety people so the guy is trying to play both sides.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Not to get into political debate but the Gov. is right America is slipping. My wife is a HS biology teacher-sophomores and a 3rd are illiterate a 3rd don't care and 3rd tries to do the work and do a lousy job of it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: PA Gov a moron?:
    [QUOTE]they are a bunch of Wusses i went to that miami game in like 2 feet of snow and sat in a snow drift
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the snow storm over before the game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The postponment was all about keeping people off the streets. It's one thing for players or fans to be out in hellacious conditions for a few hours -- you can prepare for that -- but turning 70,000 Philadelphians (many of them undoubtedly drunk) loose on the streets in those conditions is simply begging for carnage . . .   and, as Sam points out, lawsuits.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Response to Re: PA Gov a moron?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PA Gov a moron? : Wasn't the snow storm over before the game?

no it was still snowing just not as bad, and the whole state was burried the roads werent plowed and there was no where to even park. but if you dont like that game as an example we could also mention the tuck rule game or even the titians game last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KUL00. Show KUL00's posts

It is the liability people. 

People would have fallen, gotten into accidents, & perhaps be stuck/stranded at the stadium. Can you imagine the law suits? So yes this Meatball is a moron. I think the NFL stepped in to take that decision out of the hands of the  Eagles organization. 

However, he is consistant with his Party Line (D)....Oblivious to reality..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PA Gov a moron? : Yeah and then they would have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan without justification ...
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    Yes because we are so much worse than communist China just ask Tibet....you silly anti-American fruit, go root for the Jets wuss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE] On the cancelled Eagles game.... "We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking our butt in everything. If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game?" Uh no the Chinese would have just marched out 100,000 slave laborers and political prisoners and had them shovel the streets under threat of execution.

Considering the Chinese live like 3rd world people still in their villages, can't even provide basic living facilities, etc, pretend to be a democracy with capitalism, but behave like a Stalinesque regime, is pretty funny imagery coming from a clear uneducated person in Randell.

Here is what Randell is preaching as what Americans want. I suppose if you had stock in Procter and Gamble, you might like this:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2006-01/24/content_514899.htm

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Its sad that we have liberal morons in this country who are so willing to put their own country down but have nothing but good things to say about China.If this country has lost a step its because of the wussification of this country by liberal policies supported by slime like Rendel. Regarding Afghanistan and Iraq if we destroyed every living soul in the middle east we would only be doing the rest of the world a big favor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

A football game might be the wrong catalyst for him to use for his statements but as a "generalization" I would agree with his wusses assesment.

If you've coached any number of sports for 20 or more years at various levels you absolutely have seen this first hand.

I am not even going to put a good thing vs bad thing statement or qualifier on it but it is certainly a fact.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I agree with you, FBI, but his correlation to China is bordering on the mental midget level of logic.

I still don't get his point.

The majority of China lives in fear and absolute squalor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I believe if the game were in Foxboro the Pats would have played and I would have like to watch. I agree with that end of it but Rendell is a Moron.The China Comparison is idiotic and I've heard him in inteviews before and had to change the channel.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lafnboy. Show lafnboy's posts

miami at ne, what about that? or ne at the bears? hmmmm, me smellith a rat! padding vicks numbers no doubt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you, FBI, but his correlation to China is bordering on the mental midget level of logic. I still don't get his point. The majority of China lives in fear and absolute squalor.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree I don't know what the heck bringing China into the analysis has to do with anything.

The point to make is simply the difference in touchness level and I might add -years"health" (which ties into tuffness) of americans today vs yester-years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No doubt. It's the politically correct movement that has done it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE] On the cancelled Eagles game.... "We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking our butt in everything. If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game?" Uh no the Chinese would have just marched out 100,000 slave laborers and political prisoners and had them shovel the streets under threat of execution.

In reference to the eagles game he's wrong, but in reference to the nation he's right.

Our government and especially the current elected government is a sham and a bunch of weaklings. The don't have the guts to stand up to anybody for fear that the liberal world will call us warmongers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PA Gov a moron? : Yeah and then they would have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan without justification ...
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Can't really speak on Iraq but two collapsed towers and 3000 dead civilians weren't enough justification to invade Afghanistan?

As far as Rendell being a moron, many of us here have known that for awhile now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]The postponment was all about keeping people off the streets. It's one thing for players or fans to be out in hellacious conditions for a few hours -- you can prepare for that -- but turning 70,000 Philadelphians (many of them undoubtedly drunk) loose on the streets in those conditions is simply begging for carnage . . .   and, as Sam points out, lawsuits.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Sure, but it's not as if this was the first time bad weather was forecast for a football game. They were predicting "hellacious conditions" in Chicago for like a week before the recent Pats game there, and I don't recall any thought given to postponement. In fact, it was more like "bring it on."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]We've become a nation of lawsuits. The people haven't changed.....it's the risk of someone falling down in the stadium that makes these decisions. As for his remarks about our eastern friends....well, my guess is he's not far off. It is funny though, officials were on the news for a day and a half telling people to stay off the streets so the road crews could do their job and here he is saying get in your cars, drive through a blizzard and help make it more difficult to clean up. I'd be pi$$ed if I was in charge of highways out there.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya, Sam.

Why is there stuff like "Aim Towards Enemy" on claymores? "Not a toy" on cleaner's clear wrap? "Do Not Leave Children Unattended" on a bucket? Because this society has lost touch with "common sense". When/if anything goes wrong, it's NEVER the fault of the "victim"; it's a manufacturer defect, or the instructions didn't implicitly say "Do not point a loaded handgun with cocked trigger at your tenple and pull teh trigger". Fact is that a huge winter storm ws coming AND it was going to hit Philthy-delphia AND it was going to be ugly. Now, today we can't possibly expect people to take responsibility for their own actions, can we? After all, I have game tickets, the game is still going to be played, so I must go.With that being said, if I slide through a red light and hit and killed two kids playing near a street corner, it's NOT my fault. After all, no game means I stay home. Plus, the kids parents should have known better.

Gee, I wonder if those foolhardy yahoos staying behind before Hurricanes Katrina and Andrew came ashore would do things differently today?

Cancelling the game was the smart, reasonable, and right thing to do. The game can be rescheduled. Peoples lives and bodies cannot. The Gov? I wonder if he understands just how much of a Hindsight Artist he is today?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i think we can all agree that philly is full of pansies because this game shoulda been played.