Package every 2011 Draft pick.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Package every 2011 Draft pick.

I say with the almost certainty of there being a lockout in 2011, this draft in which the pats have loaded up with picks, could be a lot more valuable now as opposed to coming to draft time, selecting players, and being locked out of a season or more. It's pointless to keep collecting all these draft picks, when they have one of the youngest teams in the league right now!

I say the Patriots should seriously consider packaging every one of the 2011 picks and bring in some decent talent that can contribute to this team and help the young guys on defense this year. I don't know who is available, but a first rounder these days can net a team almost anybody. They could identify 2 or 3 players that can be brought into the organization right now, and that could make them immediately better.

To start look at the disaster teams around the league that have all-stars. Yes, I'm talking about Arizona. They are loaded with young talented super bowl tested DBs. Try to get kerry rhodes to help out. Go get a deep threat with great hands, high IQ, and a great "go to the ball" type mentality in Larry Fitzgerald. You don't think Arizona would consider a nice package of 2 first rounders, along with some of our younger guys? Instantly the pats DB are improved and still young, the pats offense becomes the biggest threat in the league once again. Most of all, if there isn't a lockout, the Pats won't waste any time in the off season getting the newbies up to speed, and instead can work this unit together for the next 5 years. This would be a nice trade. 

Just keep in mind, a draft pick is only valued real high until the player is picked. If the pats keep the 2 first rounders, and end up picking 2 misses. How does that help the team? Either way, there will be a learning curve involved, and Brady doesn't want to keep having to carry the burden of scoring 30 points a game while the defensive young guys catch up to be nfl elite. The team can make moves now with those picks, and be in a much better position now and for the next 6-7 years if they use them wisely. 

In A nutshell, Trade all the picks for some talent that can produce NOW this season. Work on teaching the young guys you have, and don't draft anymore to have to start over with next year.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

Re: Package every 2011 Draft pick.

We're four games into the season, no [good] coach is going to start a firesale this early.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Oh goodness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

this isnt madden, dude get a clue on how a team is built and run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

There will be a draft next spring regardless of a lockout.  We're going to get our players.  I expect a season to be played next year, but the CBA will probably be agreed upon at the 11th hour, training camp will be shortened, etc.  The offseason will be very loooong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I see a lot of the first 4 rounders from the past two years on the field.  Add another few from the 8 picks (in the top 4 rounds) and one can have quite the core.  Isn't this what people were clamouring for, whilst Teddy et al flirted with retirement?  It is.

The do it now bit is only valid when the team is ready...a player or two away, if not in tact.  The way I see it, if this team cannot do it in 2010, surely they can learn/build from the experience(s).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Package every 2011 Draft pick.:
    [QUOTE]I say with the almost certainty of there being a lockout in 2011, this draft in which the pats have loaded up with picks, could be a lot more valuable now as opposed to coming to draft time, selecting players, and being locked out of a season or more. It's pointless to keep collecting all these draft picks, when they have one of the youngest teams in the league right now! I say the Patriots should seriously consider packaging every one of the 2011 picks and bring in some decent talent that can contribute to this team and help the young guys on defense this year. I don't know who is available, but a first rounder these days can net a team almost anybody. They could identify 2 or 3 players that can be brought into the organization right now, and that could make them immediately better. To start look at the disaster teams around the league that have all-stars. Yes, I'm talking about Arizona. They are loaded with young talented super bowl tested DBs. Try to get kerry rhodes to help out. Go get a deep threat with great hands, high IQ, and a great "go to the ball" type mentality in Larry Fitzgerald. You don't think Arizona would consider a nice package of 2 first rounders, along with some of our younger guys? Instantly the pats DB are improved and still young, the pats offense becomes the biggest threat in the league once again. Most of all, if there isn't a lockout, the Pats won't waste any time in the off season getting the newbies up to speed, and instead can work this unit together for the next 5 years. This would be a nice trade.  Just keep in mind, a draft pick is only valued real high until the player is picked. If the pats keep the 2 first rounders, and end up picking 2 misses. How does that help the team? Either way, there will be a learning curve involved, and Brady doesn't want to keep having to carry the burden of scoring 30 points a game while the defensive young guys catch up to be nfl elite. The team can make moves now with those picks, and be in a much better position now and for the next 6-7 years if they use them wisely.  In A nutshell, Trade all the picks for some talent that can produce NOW this season. Work on teaching the young guys you have, and don't draft anymore to have to start over with next year.   
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]

Did you like the Pats' draft this year? Next year, with the addition of a possible top 10 overal pick from Oakland, and a very high second rounder from Carolina, should be another good one. The Pats are doing the right thing going young. Quick fix solutions are not going to bring them another title.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ya, you think think these owners are gonna forgo an $8BILLION enterprise per annum?

I don't!  I'll even wager a few of them have leveraged their NFL earnings to whatever degree too...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I say with the almost certainty of there being a lockout in 2011,Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]

apparently you haven't been reading the news. the players are slowly but surely decertifying the union, therefore preventing a lockout. if the NFL did try to lockout the players with no union representation, they would get sued for billions for violation of anti-trust laws.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: Package every 2011 Draft pick.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Package every 2011 Draft pick. :      Did you like the Pats' draft this year? Next year, with the addition of a possible top 10 overal pick from Oakland, and a very high second rounder from Carolina, should be another good one. The Pats are doing the right thing going young. Quick fix solutions are not going to bring them another title.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    More brilliant words have yet to be spoken.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

Who are you mike fricken ditka....   get a clue...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]I say with the almost certainty of there being a lockout in 2011, this draft in which the pats have loaded up with picks, could be a lot more valuable now as opposed to coming to draft time, selecting players, and being locked out of a season or more. It's pointless to keep collecting all these draft picks, when they have one of the youngest teams in the league right now! I say the Patriots should seriously consider packaging every one of the 2011 picks and bring in some decent talent that can contribute to this team and help the young guys on defense this year. I don't know who is available, but a first rounder these days can net a team almost anybody. They could identify 2 or 3 players that can be brought into the organization right now, and that could make them immediately better. To start look at the disaster teams around the league that have all-stars. Yes, I'm talking about Arizona. They are loaded with young talented super bowl tested DBs. Try to get kerry rhodes to help out. Go get a deep threat with great hands, high IQ, and a great "go to the ball" type mentality in Larry Fitzgerald. You don't think Arizona would consider a nice package of 2 first rounders, along with some of our younger guys? Instantly the pats DB are improved and still young, the pats offense becomes the biggest threat in the league once again. Most of all, if there isn't a lockout, the Pats won't waste any time in the off season getting the newbies up to speed, and instead can work this unit together for the next 5 years. This would be a nice trade.  Just keep in mind, a draft pick is only valued real high until the player is picked. If the pats keep the 2 first rounders, and end up picking 2 misses. How does that help the team? Either way, there will be a learning curve involved, and Brady doesn't want to keep having to carry the burden of scoring 30 points a game while the defensive young guys catch up to be nfl elite. The team can make moves now with those picks, and be in a much better position now and for the next 6-7 years if they use them wisely.  In A nutshell, Trade all the picks for some talent that can produce NOW this season. Work on teaching the young guys you have, and don't draft anymore to have to start over with next year.   
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]

sorry - not the Patriots' way to build the team. Do not think they would remotely consider this.

They actually went out of character to bring in a high-value player in Adalius and it bit them in the butt. Seriously doubt they will go for a high-risk/high-reward player anytime soon..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Package every 2011 Draft pick.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Package every 2011 Draft pick. : sorry - not the Patriots' way to build the team. Do not think they would remotely consider this. They actually went out of character toyou described. bring in a high-value player in Adalius and it bit them in the butt. Seriously doubt they will go for a high-risk/high-reward player anytime soon..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

+1 point...Thomas seems to have fallen off the radar...as if he were never on the team.  However they have not been real lucky bringing in (FA) people as you described.  Ironically, Bodden fits in, but he's hurt...could really use him this year!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

Posted 

so what your saying is pass on our future for our now...  is that right?  Pick up massive salaries for small little ones?  and later, because we built from the top down and don't have any money, we cut who?  Most of the guys who don't make crazy money?  or the guys who picked up for crazy money?

The draft HAS TO remain a part of our business model.  It's how we maintain a solid team at most positions and play within the cap.  Now, if you were to tell me that there will be no cap going forward, and Kraft was ok spending the money, I'd say SURE!  GO FOR IT!  However, that's the unknown quantity to your proposition.  Aren't the owners trying to reduce the salary cap?  

Sections
Shortcuts