Packers are peeking to early.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KUL00. Show KUL00's posts

Packers are peeking to early.....

You heard it here 1st. 

They will face some hurdles before the year is up & Playoff Football is 100% different.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Packers are peeking to early.....

There is no such thing as peaking against their schedule so far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Yes a team that won the Super Bowl last year has no idea what playoff football is like.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You could be right. We have seen it a hundred times. Lots of teams have looked unstoppable after way more than half a season (Colts Pats etc.). They have some decent contests coming up in the last half of the schedule. We will know a lot more from that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Packers aren't even trying, our next 6 games have been the Packers entire 9 game schedule. The problem isn't that they're peaking, the problem is that are they going to be able to turn it on when it matters? The Pats cruised into the playoffs last year and look what good it did them. The Chargers had to play desperation football for 10 weeks and look where it also took them.

I'm worried about our schedule too, too much vanilla. Can we turn it on when it matters?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't know.  But for sure I am tired of all the behind kissing.  Wow it was sickening last night, hearing them talk about a guy being the "greatest QB ever" without even acknowleging that he is playing in an era when you can't make contact with receivers, and anyone hoping to sack you must tie your shoelaces together to do it.  He is good, great even.  But he also is on what, his second concussion?  He is one bad hit away from GB being done.  And I'm not sure that defense is legitimate.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Packers are peeking to early.....:
    [QUOTE]I don't know.  But for sure I am tired of all the behind kissing.  Wow it was sickening last night, hearing them talk about a guy being the "greatest QB ever" without even acknowleging that he is playing in an era when you can't make contact with receivers, and anyone hoping to sack you must tie your shoelaces together to do it.  He is good, great even.  But he also is on what, his second concussion?  He is one bad hit away from GB being done.  And I'm not sure that defense is legitimate.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

i really liked your old avatar. what was it? and who painted it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

It's hard to say they are peaking now when their defense finally played a really good game. If that defense can start performing at last years level they may not be anywhere near peaking. Even though the Vikings are bad that game was done at half time. The Packers did not even work up a sweat. It looked like some of those Pats/ Bills games in 2007. Rodgers is not missing any passes right now. His recievers are catching these passes on the run. It reminds me of the Saints in 2009 when Brees was not just hitting open recievers but hitting them in full stride. Is there any reciever on that Packer's team that can't catch? In 2007 Maroney, Stallworth and Ben Watson had bad hands. Moss, Welker and Faulk were the only recievers' with really good hands on that team (Gaffney was okay). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Possible, but Rodgers is playing lights out this year.  I agree with ccnsd with regard to the 2009 Brees comparison.  I hope our defense keeps getting better.  I still believe Rodgers would pass for 1000 yards against us if we played them this Sunday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

at this time last year vick, like rodgers this year, was said to be playing the best qb in human history

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]at this time last year vick, like rodgers this year, was said to be playing the best qb in human history
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

Good point. Things can change overnight in the NFL. The Pack could be one dirty hit from Suh away from mediocrity.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They are a godd team, but they've had a relatively easy schedule.  Nice wins against New Orleans and San Diego, but they have to play Detroit twice and the Giants, and a game against the Raiders and who knows how they'll play.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Until someone beats them....they are the champs. And being that they are undefeated...I think it's pretty silly to think that this isn't a great team.

Peak schmeak....what they are doing is working. If they have problems, I'd like to have the same problems!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

No....  But they might be PEAKING TOO early. 

I don't see the Packers as a bunch of PEEKING toms but they might be, who knows?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I said it earlier in another thread.... there is the Green Bay Packers... and then there is everyone else in the NFL.  This team is on a tear!  They are the champs and will prob repeat. Rodgers is playing lights out right now!

They remind me of the 2004 Patriots... just won a SB and looked like no one could stop them again... and no one did!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

They haven't played a difficult schedule so far. Week 1 was their most difficult game (New Orleans) and since then they have played the Bears before they hit their stride, Philip Rivers (the INT machine), and the Falcons (a game in which the Falcons made stupid mistakes).

On the other hand they have played Carolina, St. Louis, Denver, and the Vikings (twice).

They have been very impressive, but they WILL NOT continue this streak once they start to play more impressive teams.

That being said, I want no part of Aaron Rodgers vs. our D... Ever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know.  But for sure I am tired of all the behind kissing.  Wow it was sickening last night, hearing them talk about a guy being the "greatest QB ever" without even acknowleging that he is playing in an era when you can't make contact with receivers, and anyone hoping to sack you must tie your shoelaces together to do it.  He is good, great even.  But he also is on what, his second concussion?  He is one bad hit away from GB being done.  And I'm not sure that defense is legitimate.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    He also has more to work with than Brady had before 2007.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

There's a difference between peaking to early & just being a great team...unfortunatly they are the latter of the two...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't know that the Packers are peaking at all. They're simply steady, and have an offense that can cover up whatever mistakes they make. I find it faintly amusing that those who claim to know about such things continually clamor about how "flawed" New England is because of its Break But Don't Shatter defense . . .  and yet Green Bay -- right there at the bottom of the league with the Pats, defensively -- is supposed to be some unstoppable juggernaut.

Frankly, I don't see it.

As San Dago showed, it's possible -- almost easy, in fact, if you've got an actual NFL offense -- to score with Green Bay. If Rivers doesn't personally hand the Pack 14 free points in that game, we're already having a different discussion. Folk around here know all too well what can happen to "unstoppable" offenses under the proper circumstances, and while I don't expect either the Lions or Blue New Jersey to beat Green Bay, they will do all they can to bounce Rodgers on his head, repeatedly, until he doesn't get up . . .  and if that happens, well . . .  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]2004 Pats D was much, much better than the 2011 GB D, though. Not really close.  GB gets by right now with their lethal offense, keeping other teams off the field. You start getting them into some 3 and outs or keeping them from driving down and getting TDs on every drive, use your run game on your side, don't turn it over, then you're in business. GB is very good, but flawed like every team is.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

So the best way to beat them without a defense as your teams strong suit would be to dictate the pace of the game with your offense.  Time consuming, move the chains drives down field and get 6.  The Pats and a couple of other teams in the league can do this.   A Brady/Roger's superbowl would settle a lot.  

And don't forget, the Pats defense just might establish a nice identity for themselves by the end of the season.  The o.k. D that makes those couple of plays, saving there lungs and handing it back over to their offensive machine between these two type offense's will be the factor.

Sections
Shortcuts