Packers @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Packers @ Patriots REPORT CARD

Despite a very sloppy, somewhat lackadaisical performance, the Patriots managed to come away with a 31-27 win over the Aaron Rodgers-less Green Bay Packers on Sunday night. In some ways, this game was reminiscent of the debacle in Cleveland, as the Patriots did not appear to be ready to play. When the Packers caught the Patriots' flat-footed with the opening on-side kickoff, I knew that this game was going to be an up-hill battle.

If you haven't seen this game, but just took a cursory look at the stat sheet, you would think that the Packers won this game rather easily. Green Bay held the ball for 41 minutes, were 11/19 on 3rd down attempts, rushed for 143 yards, were aiding by several drive sustaining Patriots' penalties, and held Tom Brady to just 163 yards passing!! 

Though a win is a win, you can take it to the bank that BB was not pleased with this performance. Here are my grades: 

A.) OFFENSE: It's tough for even a great offense to get much done, when it's only on the field for 19 minutes. 

1.) QB: Many of you might clamour for a high grade for Tom, based on the fact that the Pats' won, his 110 passer rating, and that he threw two TD passes and had no picks. In so doing, Tom set an NFL record for the most consecutive games with two TDs and no picks, and for most passing attempts without an interception. But, I thought that this was Tom's worst game since the fiasco in Cleveland. 
         On the Pats first drive, Brady was very lucky to avoid what might have been a game deciding interception. He threw a pass toward the right sideline, that hit future Hall of Fame CB Charles Woodson right in the hands. Had Woodson held on to the ball, it might have been a pick-six. There were several other Brady throws that were tipped at the line of scrimmage...including one in the last five minutes...which could have easily resulted in a catastrophic turnover.
         Though Tom did lead the Pats to ten unanswered 4th quarter points to gain the win, he and his much ballyhooed offensive unit could not close the show by picking up a first down or two on the Pats' final drive. Tom, the OL, and the coaching staff must correct the problem of getting his passes tipped at or near the line of scrimmage:
    GRADE: C;

2.) RBs: Though BJGE had a beautiful 33 yard TD on the Pats' opening drive, he pretty much disappeared thereafter. Fortunately, Danny Woodhead rode to the rescue. Danny netting 59 yards in nine carries, for an average of 6.6 yards per carry. He accounted for 37 of the 63 yards on the Pats' 4th quarter, go-ahead TD drive.
    GRADE: B;

3.) OL: Aside from the Pats' first and final TD drive, this group was dominated by the Packers' front seven. They allowed Tom Brady to be hit too much, including one particular bone-rattling shot by Packers' LB, Desmond Bishop...who was unmolested on his path to "The Franchise". The hit caused a fumble, which, fortunately, the Pats' were able to recover. DT B.J. Raji also caused problems, getting in on Brady for two sacks. One thing you won't see on the stat sheets were the passes that the Packers' were able to tip, at or around the line of scrimmage. That said, the "Big Uglies" did handle star pass-rusher Clay Matthews rather well: 

4.) TEs and WRs: 
    Usual excellent job of blocking by Alge Crumpler and Gronk, except for a 2nd quarter, drive killing holding penalty by Crumpler. Kudos to WR Deion Branch for his pancake block, which sprung BJGE on his 33 yard TD jaunt. Though Gronk had only one reception, it went for 25 yards, and came just prior to the aforementioned BJGE TD run. Aaron Hernandez caught 4 balls for 31 yards...two for TDs, including the ultimate game winning score. He also chipped in with a 16 yard run. Though the WRs had a quiet night, Wes Welker and Deion Branch had drive sustaining receptions of 35 and 17 yards, respectively. What's happened to the once reliable hands of Julian Edelman? When a Brady throw clanged off his hands, it was nearly intercepted. In addition, his drop caused the Pats to have to settle for a FG:

B.) DEFENSE: Should receive time and a half for laboring for almost 41 minutes...including stopping the Packers' final drive. But, costly penalties  nearly cost the the Pats' the game:

1.) DL: Allowed the anemic Green Bay ground attack to churn out 143 yards. But, this under-manned unit was more concerned keeping the Packers' OL off the LBs, and stopping the pass. At times it was able to put some pressure on young Packers' QB, Matt Flynn. Eric Moore picked up his second sack in as many games. A costly off-side penalty on Wilfolk on a 3rd and 9 incompletion kept a Packers' TD drive alive. 'Kudos to this group for their goal line stand inside the 5, holding the Packers to a FG in the 4th quarter, keeping the game within one score, 27-21, in favor of GB. That stand might have won the game:

2.) LBs: It seemed like the OLBs were able to pressure Matt Flynn. But, on several occasions, they seemed to let Flynn slip away. Jermaine Cunningham pressured off the edge, but missed Flynn twice. Tully Banta-Cain had a sack, but his obvious illegal hands to the face penalty on a Packers' OT negated what would have been a game clinching Brandon Meriweather interception. Huge sack off the edge by Dane Fletcher crippled the Packers' final drive. Solid game by Rob Ninkovich, who finished with six (6) tackles, including five (5) solos, and a sack. But, the ILBs had trouble all evening defending the Packers' short passing/screen attack. Though tackling machine Jerod Mayo had a game high 16 tackles, including 10 solos, many were down field. Ditto Gary Guyton, with 9 tackles, including 5 solos.  
    GRADE: B-;

3.) SECONDARY:
    Horrendous play by Brandon Meriweather, who took a bad angle towards receiver James Jones. This allow Jones to get to get behind both he and Devin McCourty, resulting in a 66 yard TD play. McCourty also was hit with a personal foul for leading with his helmut. This, in conjunction with the above mentioned Wilfolk penalty, gift-wrapped a Packers' TD. Other than that, McCourty had another outstanding game, finishing with 10 tackles (7 solos), and a sack. Kyle Arrington's pick-6 was an early Christmas gift from Flynn. But credit Arrington on his 36 yard TD return, in which he broke several tackles. His play gave the Pats a 21-17 3rd quarter lead. 
    GRADE: B-;     

C.) SPECIAL TEAMS:
    Obviously were caught knapping on the opening kickoff. The play gave the Packers hope, and momentum. Kind of doubt that this game would have been the nail-biter it was, had the Pats recovered that onside kick. The Pats' kick coverage was poor, allowing a 14 yard punt return, and a 45 yatd kickoff return...which gave the Packers great field position on their final drive. Only a fluke 71 yard kickoff return by, of all people, OG Dan Connelly, salvaged this unit's grade: 

D.) COACHING: It's a rare occurrence indeed when the BB led Patriots take the field a bit overconfident, and flat. But, such was the case tonight, as the news that Packers' star QB Aaron Rodgers was out...along with two straight blow-out wins, seemed to create the mind set that all the Pats had to do to win was to show up. Unfortunately, the Packers had other ideas, and played a tough, spirited game...and outplayed the Pats in the trenches for most of the game. The Pats were lucky to play this poorly and still win...and BB knows it. Expect a much crisper performance next in Buffalo. A combination of an onside kick, penalties, poor special teams play, and playing their "C" game nearly caused the Patriots to be embarrassed on national television.
    GRADE: C-;   

E.) PLAY OF THE GAME:
    A toss-up between the Arrington pick-6, and the Connolly 71 yard kickoff return, which led to a Patriots' TD. The Connolly return changed the momentum of the game, and was the break that the Patriots needed to get on track...and grind out a win.

F.) PLAYER OF THE GAME:
    Another toss up...this time between Connolly, Arrington, for his pick-6, Danny Woodhead, as the prime catalyst on the Pats' game winning TD drive, and Devin McCourty...for his all around solid game. I choose Connolly.

Here are the weird game stats:
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301219017

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Packers @ Patriots REPORT CARD

Play of the game was easily Connolly's; pick sixes happen nearly every week, it's not often you get to see an OL run that far with the ball and he set a record that I highly doubt will be broken. Fair grades though, Pats were fortunate to get this win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I can't say I disagree with your assessment except to say that you didn't take into account that Green Bay was a desperate team who needed this game more than the Pats when it all comes down to it. This loss really hurts their playoff chances. The Pats did not play well, or come to play if you will, but Green Bay's urgency cannot be diminished either. I'd give Brady a B- simply because if your QB leads what becomes the game winning drive that's worth something. It's also a fact that aside from Peyton Manning, Belichik teams struggle most against backup QBs they lack film for. This has happened so many times now, Colt McCoy being just one recent example, that you almost have to put that on the coach a bit more than the team. 

Championship teams win games they are not supposed to win, so in some ways I liked this victory a lot. Also: there are some injured players who should return and strengthen the D....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

In Response to Re: Packers @ Patriots REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]I can't say I disagree with your assessment except to say that you didn't take into account that Green Bay was a desperate team who needed this game more than the Pats when it all comes down to it. This loss really hurts their playoff chances. The Pats did not play well, or come to play if you will, but Green Bay's urgency cannot be diminished either. I'd give Brady a B- simply because if your QB leads what becomes the game winning drive that's worth something. It's also a fact that aside from Peyton Manning, Belichik teams struggle most against backup QBs they lack film for. This has happened so many times now, Colt McCoy being just one recent example, that you almost have to put that on the coach a bit more than the team.  Championship teams win games they are not supposed to win, so in some ways I liked this victory a lot. Also: there are some injured players who should return and strengthen the D....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I think that winning 3 straight blowouts, the last two against top teams, and securing a playoff spot, the Pats almost to a man seemed to lack sufficient fire. Rodgers being out added to this lack of urgency.  Take a little edge off of each player and it sums up to what we saw. Also, players on D were out.  Even if some could have played, under the circumstances, it was a good strategic decision by BB to keep them out. It's also good for the team to be reminded of its vulnerability. We want to be at full strength and on fire for the playoffs  Not to worry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

A tough win is still a win. Pats Win!

Go Pats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

12-2=A

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Disagree entirely on the QB grade. Brady was excellent. I would seriously reconsider how you look at this particular game.

Dude had a 110 rating and drove for the game winning score. They put up 24 points while having the ball for only 19 minutes and running only 43 plays. The defense essentially allowed GB (24th ranked running) to grind the clock all game long making a situation where TB and the offense needed to be perfect on each play -- and needed to do it in situations where they had to pass and GB knew they had to pass. By my count that was 3 drives that were six minutes or longer, one that was five minutes, and another for four and a half. In five long drives, GB occupied 29 minutes. That is five drives for 29 minutes -- a half a game in time on five drives. 

If the defense does anything other than a couple of turnovers to keep the big yellow machine off the field, then this offense likely rolls up 400 yards and 4+ TDs against what you could argue is the NFL's finest defense. 

Factor in, as well, that last point. GB is easily the best passing defense in the league, allowing less TDs (14) than INTs they create (18) and second in sacks (40) with fairly astounding efficiency stats against of 56.7% comp (5th) and a 70.6 QB rating (1st) and those numbers are AFTER Brady had two TDs and a 110 rating against them. So Tom drops 2 TDs a 63% completion rate, and a 110 rating with the game winning score on them ... and that is a C???????????

It was a perfect storm for NE to lose, and Brady got it done. Welker dropping a pass right in his breadbasket on 2nd and 6 in the 4th doesn't detract from Brady's performance, but shows how perfect he has to be with a WR corp that is leading the NFL in drops per pass attempt.

There was no game this season where TB made a better case for his excellence against pressure and his overall MVP candidacy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I can't say I disagree with your assessment except to say that you didn't take into account that Green Bay was a desperate team who needed this game more than the Pats when it all comes down to it. This loss really hurts their playoff chances.

RESPONSE: Should this really matter? The grades are based on how well the Pats' performed. The Packers did seem to bring their "A" game, but they still were playing without star QB, Aaron Rodgers. The way the Pats played, they were fortunate to escape with a win.  

I'd give Brady a B- simply because if your QB leads what becomes the game winning drive that's worth something.

RESPONSE: The thought crossed my mind. But it was Danny Woodhead's brilliance on that final TD drive that saved the day...more than what Brady did.

It's also a fact that aside from Peyton Manning, Belichik teams struggle most against backup QBs they lack film for. This has happened so many times now, Colt McCoy being just one recent example, that you almost have to put that on the coach a bit more than the team.

RESPONSE: I did. BB and his staff rated just a "C-". 

Championship teams win games they are not supposed to win, so in some ways I liked this victory a lot. Also: there are some injured players who should return and strengthen the D....

RESPONSE: Agreed.

Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

BB's game plan was to  make clay matthews a non factor so they always doubled him that was going to open the door for someone else.  we came out thinking this was going to be an automatic win for us   it took Connolly's play to wake up up

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

i think they got  too ahead of themselves    a win is a win but anymore efforts lke this  there done

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]Disagree entirely on the QB grade. Brady was excellent. I would seriously reconsider how you look at this particular game. Dude had a 110 rating and drove for the game winning score. They put up 24 points while having the ball for only 19 minutes and running only 43 plays. The defense essentially allowed GB (24th ranked running) to grind the clock all game long making a situation where TB and the offense needed to be perfect on each play -- and needed to do it in situations where they had to pass and GB knew  they had to pass. By my count that was 3 drives that were six minutes or longer, one that was five minutes, and another for four and a half. In five long drives, GB occupied 29 minutes. That is five drives for 29 minutes -- a half a game in time on five drives.  If the defense does anything other than a couple of turnovers to keep the big yellow machine off the field, then this offense likely rolls up 400 yards and 4+ TDs against what you could argue is the NFL's finest defense.  Factor in, as well, that last point. GB is easily the best passing defense in the league, allowing less TDs (14) than INTs they create (18) and second in sacks (40) with fairly astounding efficiency stats against of 56.7% comp (5th) and a 70.6 QB rating (1st) and those numbers are  AFTER  Brady had two TDs and a 110 rating against them. So Tom drops 2 TDs a 63% completion rate, and a 110 rating with the game winning score on them ... and that is a C??????????? It was a perfect storm for NE to lose, and Brady got it done. Welker dropping a pass right in his breadbasket on 2nd and 6 in the 4th doesn't detract from Brady's performance, but shows how perfect he has to be with a WR corp that is leading the NFL in drops per pass attempt. I agree with this guy:  http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&page=wojciechowski/101219&sportCat=nfl There was no game this season where TB made a better  case for his excellence against pressure and his overall MVP candidacy. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z: I look forward to your football knowledge. I do have to question you on this though..

They put up 24 points while having the ball for only 19 minutes and running only 43 plays.
    Is this not because of our offense not holding on to the ball? Why is this entirely on D?

Brady had two TDs and a 110 rating against them.
    Well - Yesterday, I remeber seeing alteast 3 passes that he gift wrapped for the opposition, fortunately, THEY dropped it. 
    I believe Brady is one of the best QBs of all time, but yesterday, I thought he was more lucky than good.

Overall, looking back, this was a thrilling (needlessly) game and I am glad we came out with a W. But, our guys (most of them) played below par.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Disagree entirely on the QB grade. Brady was excellent. I would seriously reconsider how you look at this particular game. Dude had a 110 rating and drove for the game winning score.

RESPONSE: As I said in my report card, somebody would wave Tom's  passer rating about as proof that he played a great game. But, he didn't. The "Dude" was lucky he wasn't picked off multiple times. Tom passed for just 163 yards. It was the great play of Danny Woodhead which spear-headed the Pats' game-winning TD drive, more so than anything Brady did.

They put up 24 points while having the ball for only 19 minutes and running only 43 plays.

RESPONSE: Seven came thanks to Connolly's incredible kickoff return.

The defense essentially allowed GB (24th ranked running) to grind the clock all game long making a situation where TB and the offense needed to be perfect on each play -- and needed to do it in situations where they had to pass and GB knew  they had to pass. By my count that was 3 drives that were six minutes or longer, one that was five minutes, and another for four and a half. In five long drives, GB occupied 29 minutes. That is five drives for 29 minutes -- a half a game in time on five drives.

RESPONSE: The onside kick recovery really hurt. It deprived the Pats of a  possession, and gave the Packers an extra one. In other words, it allowed Green Bay to hold the ball for an additional 6 minutes. The Packers had a great offensive game plan. Rest assured that other teams will try to emulate it in the play-offs. Their mixture of runs and short passes to RBs and other receivers gave the Pats a taste of their own medicine.   

If the defense does anything other than a couple of turnovers to keep the big yellow machine off the field, then this offense likely rolls up 400 yards and 4+ TDs against what you could argue is the NFL's finest defense.

RESPONSE: What? If the Pats' offense was as dynamic as you claim, why weren't they able to salt the game away on their final drive...when all they needed was a couple of first downs?

Factor in, as well, that last point. GB is easily the best passing defense in the league, allowing less TDs (14) than INTs they create (18) and second in sacks (40) with fairly astounding efficiency stats against of 56.7% comp (5th) and a 70.6 QB rating (1st) and those numbers are  AFTER  Brady had two TDs and a 110 rating against them. So Tom drops 2 TDs a 63% completion rate, and a 110 rating with the game winning score on them ... and that is a C???????????

RESPONSE: Answer me this...what if it was Peyton Manning who had a game similar to this? Most Pats' fans would be grumbling about how lucky he was not to have thrown at least two picks. They would also be pointing to the fact that he only threw for 163 yards for the game...and was outplayed by an inexperienced, second string QB.   

It was a perfect storm for NE to lose, and Brady got it done.

RESPONSE: He did...but with considerable help from Dan Connolly, Danny Woodhead, and Kyle Arrington.

Welker dropping a pass right in his breadbasket on 2nd and 6 in the 4th doesn't detract from Brady's performance, but shows how perfect he has to be with a WR corp that is leading the NFL in drops per pass attempt.

RESPONSE: Why are you throwing Welker under the bridge? The guy has been a pro-bowler throughout his years here. On that particular play, he was very well covered by Charles Woodson. If you want to complain about a drop, complain about the one that clanked off the steel hands of Julian Edelman, and was nearly intercepted. That 4th quarter "drop" resulted in the Pats settling for a FG, instead of going in for the go ahead TD.

I agree with this guy:  http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&page=wojciechowski/101219&sportCat=nflThere was no game this season where TB made a better  case for his excellence against pressure and his overall MVP candidacy.

RESPONSE: Tom did play better in the 4th quarter than he had during the initial three periods of play. But, as you know, I take a holistic approach when I assign grades. Had Charles Woodson not dropped what appeared to be a certain pick six on the Patriots' first drive, this game could have become another Cleveland. Sorry...but this was not one of Tom's better games.   
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I have a feeling if BB saw this he would say your too generous.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Agreed...LOL!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Packers @ Patriots REPORT CARD : Z: I look forward to your football knowledge. I do have to question you on this though.. They put up 24 points while having the ball for only 19 minutes and running only 43 plays. Is this not because of our offense not holding on to the ball? Why is this entirely on D? Brady had two TDs and a 110 rating against them. Well - Yesterday, I remeber seeing alteast 3 passes that he gift wrapped for the opposition, fortunately, THEY dropped it.  I believe Brady is one of the best QBs of all time, but yesterday, I thought he was more lucky than good. Overall, looking back, this was a thrilling (needlessly) game and I am glad we came out with a W. But, our guys (most of them) played below par.
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's a summation on the game from a Green Bay point of view: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/112170094.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

BB clearly wasn't happy with any facet of the team's play or his preperation. I expect Goodell will be giving him a fine for mentioning the officiating in the post game press conference.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Your grades for OL, DL and linebackers are way too high. I suggest you rewatch the game to note how many missed tackles there were. Banta-Cain had perhaps his worst game as a Patriot; watch how many times he's completely taken out of the action or flat on his back.

Football is blocking and tackling, and the Pats did a very poor job of both last night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The key was that Brady was never really allowed to get into a rhythm. The Packers tried to keep him off the field and were largely successful. This is some of the best pressure Brady has seen all year (since Jets week 2) and he handled it reasonably well. It is pretty clear that the Jets D is overated and the Packers D is underated. If O'Brien calls more RB screens and uses the run game to set-up play action Brady might have been more successful. I think its safe to say that had Rodgers played the Packers would have had less balance on offense and more passing plays. Flynn played very well and I see this game as comparable to the time Feeley lit the Pats up in a back-up role. Had Flynn even played a game since the LSU title game ? Nothing but pre-season snaps to look at. Not whole lot of film to look at and therefore difficult to prepare for. It's a win and i'll gladly take it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

This was a good game for the Patriots.
    Unlike the Browns game when they lost, they played sloppy here and still
    came out with a win. They needed a game like this to get motivated.
    It's easy for a team, any team, to get motivated against the Steelers, Colts, Jets but it's hard against teams that are struggling or short handed. If Rogers had played, this would have been a different game on both sides.
    I said all along the Packers were gonna be one of the Pats biggest tests because of the defense. They haven't given up the lowest amount of points for a reason. 
    Tough game but at least it's a win.
    A Pats win and/or a Jets loss means the Pats clinch the number one seed !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Tex
    I think you were generous rating the D's performance (C, B-, B-). The D was leaky all night and got called for too many sloppy penalties that nearly lost the game for the Pats. We were lucky Aaron Rogers was not out there to exploit it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

[QUOTE]The key was that Brady was never really allowed to get into a rhythm. The Packers tried to keep him off the field and were largely successful. This is some of the best pressure Brady has seen all year (since Jets week 2) and he handled it reasonably well. It is pretty clear that the Jets D is overated and the Packers D is underated. If O'Brien calls more RB screens and uses the run game to set-up play action Brady might have been more successful. I think its safe to say that had Rodgers played the Packers would have had less balance on offense and more passing plays. Flynn played very well and I see this game as comparable to the time Feeley lit the Pats up in a back-up role. Had Flynn even played a game since the LSU title game ? Nothing but pre-season snaps to look at. Not whole lot of film to look at and therefore difficult to prepare for. It's a win and i'll gladly take it.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Yea you're right. When a player hasn't played much then there isn't gonna much film to watch. This is why so many first timers play well the first few weeks and then fall apart;  game footage accumulates so teams are better prepared.

Anyone remember Scott Mitchell ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Flynn did handle himself well under the circumstances. Give the kid some credit. He's better than Sanchez.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

As much as I think Brady is one of the best of all time, he wasn't at his best yesterday and was very lucky to come out of the game with the record streak intact, and to actually get the record. As others mention there were three passes that could of and should have been intercepted, but with all winning streaks, no hitters in baseball, records that are broken  there isalways a certain amount of good luck involved, but good teams like the Pats seems to make thier luck. As bad a Brady looked some times yesterday, he deserves credit as the Pack hit him numerous times, hurried him etc, and he did lead the game winning drive. He may be the best of one of the best in the NFL but even TB can have an off day, especially against the best ranked defense in the NFL.