Page

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Page

Shouldn't we all be a little more excited about this pick up?

This kid is a stud run stuffing safety, we could see a dime pakage with four safeties on the field at the same time.

The Dime Package

FS          SS     
    SS ML FS
    CB OLB T T OLB CB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Page

What are you talking about, please?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

This was a quality trade. I think this kid will be good eventually, as soon as he learns the defense. 

I would be interested in seeing how he compares to McGowan? Do you all consider him to be as good, not as good or better?...elaborate in terms of run support, ability to cover TE's/RB's, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Re: Page:
    [QUOTE]What are you talking about, please?
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Get with the program he is a stud SS 6'0 225, bigger than most, faster than most, with some coverage skills, he had 85 tackles, 11 for loss, 4 interceptions and 9 pass defenses in 2008 he was beat up last year but he played very well

the Eric Berry pick up made him expendable

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

does he play OLB? or Left guard?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Page : I have said it repeatedly in other threads that this may be an underrated pick up. Look at his production on bad defenses. It's pretty good. And he hits. He may look at this arrival here as a blessing getting out of a bad situation on a much slower rebuild in KC. They let Pollard go to Houston because of his immediate impact starting in 2006 as a rookie. Like the INT production, too.  He also has some 3-4 experience.
    Posted by ClarkGriswold[/QUOTE]

The INT's and the passes defensed are a great sign.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

No Sm****t A Z Z but he makes our Dime and Nickel look really good!

You know that nickel got torn up for 78 yards on one play in the play offs

[QUOTE]does he play OLB? or Left guard?
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Page:
    [QUOTE]Shouldn't we all be a little more excited about this pick up? This kid is a stud run stuffing safety, we could see a dime pakage with four safeties on the field at the same time. The Dime Package FS SS SS ML FS CB OLB T T OLB CB
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]
    The Chiefs let him go because he gets burnt deep alot. He isnt that good from all the games he tried to cover Gates that I saw.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

about same size as rodney...ill admit im curious... and the ST linebacker white....sounds like hes one of those guys that comes down and lays the wood.... they went away from what they had and revamped..st...interesting..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Page : Get with the program he is a stud SS 6'0 225, bigger than most, faster than most, with some coverage skills, he had 85 tackles, 11 for loss, 4 interceptions and 9 pass defenses in 2008 he was beat up last year but he played very well the Eric Berry pick up made him expendable
    Sorry, I missed the pick up. I have a few other interests such as keeping a roof over my head and my loved ones fed. When "the program" starts to help with this then maybe I'll be more "with it". Until that time I might ask a dumb question here and there. Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Page : The Chiefs let him go because he gets burnt deep alot. He isnt that good from all the games he tried to cover Gates that I saw.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

There has to be something wrong with Page for the Chiefs to almost let him go, then cut a last-minute deal for him. 

If Page is playing the dime, someone else like McCourty and Chung would handle the other team's burner and someone with a linebacker's bulk would cover a Gates or a Hernandez.  Page's prime responsibilities in the dime would be to start somewhat close to the line, watch for a draw play and be ready to cover the tailback if he slips into the flats so that he doesn't pick up a first down.  BB will try to cover Page's weaknesses and use his strengths.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Huge upgrade over Sanders. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

He has obvious physical talent and has performed well in the recent past. A hard hitter who possesses very good ball awareness and skills.The Pats got him omly because he didn't get along with the new staff last season.He is a fit,physically and in terms of his skill set.There is the question of his fitting with the coaches and players but I have to think he will make the effort as this system is made for him.Let's wait a month or two and then we will know whether this was a high reward trade with very little risk as little was given up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marvcook. Show marvcook's posts

I hate having 250 lb. linebackers on the field for obvious passing situations. They are a complete liability in coverage. I'd love to see a 'big nickle'/dime package with 4 DLs, Guyton & Page at LB, Chung & Meriweather at safety, and McCourty, Butler, and Wilhite at CB. I'll gladly sacrifice size for speed, and if that results in a few successful draw plays for first downs, I can live with that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

No really I am sorry that you cannot do two things at once like post on this board and do your job. I also provide for the little one in my avatar, his older brother, my home and my wife............., BUT, you see I can make 6 figures and read the globe @ the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA HA

Just a little humor for you, sorry i was too harsh up top. I thought you were being sarcastic when you asked what or who he was... Bad assumption... keep up the good work i am sure your family appreciates it!  

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Page : Sorry, I missed the pick up. I have a few other interests such as keeping a roof over my head and my loved ones fed. When "the program" starts to help with this then maybe I'll be more "with it". Until that time I might ask a dumb question here and there. Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]No really I am sorry that you cannot do two things at once like post on this board and do your job. I also provide for the little one in my avatar, his older brother, my home and my wife............., BUT, you see I can make 6 figures and read the globe @ the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA Just a little humor for you, sorry i was too harsh up top. I thought you were being sarcastic when you asked what or who he was... Bad assumption... keep up the good work i am sure your family appreciates it!   In Response to Re: Page :
    Thanks. I'm known for being sarcastic but not this time. I just missed this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Does this kid play in the box or nickel or dime  ? Could see Meriwweather as a slot Cb vs. Jets.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

If you look @ our DIME above this is how it would play out;

Sanders          Chung

Meri                                          Page
                                             Guyton           
    Butler                                                                        McCourty
                     Cunningham    Wilfork    Brace      TBC

Meriweather, becomes our Slot DB and he would move from his SS position that he admittedly was playing last year to FS where he belongs. If Chung was better I would put him in the slot because he is a sure tackler when he is close to the line of scrimmage, but his man coverage abilities kind of push him back so he has more time to read and react... Also DIMES usually have conventional DE's like Wright but Cunningham and TBC are so close to being 4:3 ends @ 270 pounds that they can stay on the field in this package.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Page

Jimmy Page 1957

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0tAOIQiz-8

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts