Paging Hot Blitz

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Paging Hot Blitz

Ozzie Newsome learned a great deal from BB, admits it to this day.  Would hate to think Rusty is making fun of Ozzie based on some teachings of BB.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, but Ozzie is no BB and never has been, nor will he ever be.

Get it?

All we heard all off season is how Ozzie is the bestest and the Ravens won't miss Lewis, Reed, Bolden, Birk, Kruger, Ellerbe, etc.

Well, looks I was right again. Gee, I am kinda right a lot around here, huh?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Ozzie will ever be BB either.  We will see if Ozzie can rebuild for a SB. 

BTW, how many SB rings does Ozzie have as a GM and how many rings does our BB have as GM?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Belichick has mentored Ozzie and Ozzie is as big of a failure as Rusty Trombone says, does that mean that Rusty Trombone is suggesting that Belichick is a bad mentor?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Ozzie had to reload and he was smart to prepare the way for a new base.I only questioned his letting Bolden go, and still don't know why. He was really the co MVP 

BB built on the run and gets hammered here for not winning more SBs , all when he was a few plays away

(Today on wfan,  a 49 er fan called as they were discussing Eli. he said to the hosts that eli was the luckiest Qb of all time and not a HoFer.God was it fun to listen to. He repeated all the same stuff that has been said here AS , helmet etc) and the hosts were left speechless then babbled 

I am not sure how much Flaccos injury stopped a wild card, 8-8 might have done it

The mark of how good Ozzie is will be if can get them back to win a SB. his Qb is good , so he has a chance. he has a good coach another key ingredient. other than BB I cannot think of who else I would want. right now SF, Seattle and Carolina are profitting  from being so bad for so long that they kept collecting talent. they better grab it quick , the nfl is a fast league , and fortunes turn quickly

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ozzie had to reload and he was smart to prepare the way for a new base.I only questioned his letting Bolden go, and still don't know why. He was really the co MVP 

BB built on the run and gets hammered here for not winning more SBs , all when he was a few plays away

(Today on wfan,  a 49 er fan called as they were discussing Eli. he said to the hosts that eli was the luckiest Qb of all time and not a HoFer.God was it fun to listen to. He repeated all the same stuff that has been said here AS , helmet etc) and the hosts were left speechless then babbled 

I am not sure how much Flaccos injury stopped a wild card, 8-8 might have done it

The mark of how good Ozzie is will be if can get them back to win a SB. his Qb is good , so he has a chance. he has a good coach another key ingredient. other than BB I cannot think of who else I would want. right now SF, Seattle and Carolina are profitting  from being so bad for so long that they kept collecting talent. they better grab it quick , the nfl is a fast league , and fortunes turn quickly

[/QUOTE]

UGH.

CAP HELL

That is WHY?!  Don't you get it? What on earth? Ozzie's grave error was not having the room or forethough to re-up Flacco before the 2012 playoff run. Flacco should have been re-uped after 2011. 

The same reason why Reese in NY has been taken by Eli and Cruz.  They never budgeted for the market for their worth, but they couldn't trade them because it would send the fans into a frenzy.

Boldin cost too much and they were over the cap.  Get it?  That is why!

Even the Dumervil move was foolish. He's been a disappointment and they really couldn't afford him anyway. Upshaw is a bust and losing Kruger and Ellerbe due to poor cap allocation hurt them.

Good thing Ray Ray announced his retirement. LOL

I warned at the time.

[/QUOTE]

We don't disagree,

he had the shot to win a sB and he did.

Then

reed and Ray Ray had to go, they were the real cap hell for them, their safety was over rated. They had backups in the wings. I think Suggs may also be past his best which surprises me. I was unclear on Dumerville , I remember him being called smallish in Denver. Last year their Oline came on only in the playoffs, it failed again this year, and then they lost Pita. Flacco is a real gun slinger. we will see what they do next year. We have learned a tuff physical well coached 9-7 team can win a Super bowl

(Btw people here get on Spikes for pass coverage, well Balt won with ray ray and he was a rusty gate in the wind, and then not nearly the slammer Spikes is now)

Sometimes a team is trying to climb a rope with no more rope above to grab or the sand fast running out in the hour glass? Bb Is the only one to have not fallen once up except Bill Walsh pre FA

The giants got lucky in both years and i think they are way over hyped

Bb has turned over almost the entire teaM more than once. and22 players and depth is a tuff Rubik's cube. 

bb is really really really good and he has caught lightening with all his youngsters. that's good because he will need a little cap room to maneuver. TB is not the cap anchor that Flacco or other Qbs are? AH was unforeseen  and I hope Gronk isn't. Talib will be the question, am unsure of Spikes.. I think Bb will continue to have a lot of young talent on the team. i think the time is over to have a lot of 4-7 yr players. too many injuries. Better off with young lions than injured older ones. sounds harsh but these guys are too big, too fast and some are idiots who maim others.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Is this thread for real? Ozzie Newsome is generally regarding as the best GM in the game. His team just won the Super Bowl. He built a team that won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer as its quarterback. He has built defenses, rebuilt them, patched them together...he probably will continue to do so. I'll tell you what...I'd take winning the Super Bowl last year if it meant I'd have to miss the playoffs this year. Yup, I'd take that in a heartbeat. I mean we didn't win the Super Bowl last year and here we are a year later limping into the post season...that better? I mean sure we can win it this year, but if we don't is that better than what Baltimore did? Not in my book. Not in any history books either.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, hiding behind Ray Lewis and Ed Reed is some real great GM work. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Ridiculously ignorant and hypocritical statement here. Its the same as saying that BB has hid behind Brady.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Rusty...

Sorry I haven't been around to give you kudos on winning the bet. You definitely called it.
     I really thought the Ravens would be better.

No excuses, you won...

Whatever the consequence to the bet was I'll man up.

Cheers to you dude.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty...

Sorry I haven't been around to give you kudos on winning the bet. You definitely called it.
     I really thought the Ravens would be better.

No excuses, you won...

Whatever the consequence to the bet was I'll man up.

Cheers to you dude.

[/QUOTE]

The bet was, if Rusty won, you had to delete your account and never return.

So, see ya.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts