Paging Kansas Patriot

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Paging Kansas Patriot

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

I know you are down in ol Okie, so hope things are well where you are.

yes. family and home are safe. that  EF5 tornado came to close for comfort. Thanks for the concern bro, appreciate it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Glad you are safe kansas, we got the remains of that cell last night in STL. No fun. our thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected, and condolences to those who lost loved ones.KMc.

yes. family and home are safe. that  EF5 tornado came to close for comfort. Thanks for the concern bro, appreciate it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Glad you and your family are safe my friend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Glad to hear you are safe KansasPat!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Glad to hear you and yours are safe KP. Terrible tragedy, ive been glued to the news.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Glad youre okay man, I've been in a tornado and never seen anything so scary in my life. The power is awesome. Ive been in a couple of hurricanes, and one earthquake and none of those compare. At least with a hurricane you've got plenty of warning and the winds are much lighter.

180-200 mph and 1.3 miles wide, wow! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Glad you are safe Kansas Pat. I grew up not far from there and faced some tornados but never anything like this. Thoughts and prayers go out...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

Glad youre okay man, I've been in a tornado and never seen anything so scary in my life. The power is awesome. Ive been in a couple of hurricanes, and one earthquake and none of those compare. At least with a hurricane you've got pleanty of warning and the winds are much lighter.

180-200 mph and 1.3 miles wide, wow! 

Never experienced one and don't care to, but in late August in 2007 when I was living in Chicago, ready to head out to the crappy south side for the Sox/Sox series, I looked out my window and the grass went flat. Literally flat.  It was real quiet at first, then the grass went flat.

It was not a full tornado, but my buddies and I got into a cab with trees down, limbs down, the whole thing and we got on Lakeshore Drive and literally, and I kid you not, there were apartments, condo, roofs on Lakeshore Drive stopping traffic. No lie. It was like a lost Twilight Zone episode.

It was totally wild.  Never seen anything like it before or since.  Rained all night, we never even got past downtown and ended up needing to bail out of our cab due to a terrorist cab driver who was passing us propaganda into the back of the cab. No lie. Went into a downtown pizza joint called Exchequers and got some dinner and pitchers.

That's literally my only experience with one or the start of one.

Usually, bodies of water or mountains fend them off, but it's never guaranteed. 

Right, the mountains keep them from developing. The tornado I was in destroyed everything in a half mile wide path for about ten mies. I was on duty as a firefighter and one of the areas it badly hit was of course a trailer park.  at the park there were fish on the ground all over the place flapping around. The tornado had touched down on a river a half mile away from there and threw all sorts of debris including the fish. 100 plus year old oak trees snapped like match sticks. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Take care dude, glad you`re and your family are safe

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Glad to see you're safe KP

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Glad your ok KP.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I had one come through our town when I was very young (5 or 6). We lived in Michigan at the time, and the tornado took out a few gas stations, a corner of a strip mall, and about 15-20 random houses less than a mile from my house. I will never forget driving through the neighborhoods that got hit with my parents, and seeing the destruction. Very scary stuff.

My thoughts & prayers to all the folks that are in OK.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

KP good to know you're alright. The Faith Hill fan club lives on! Good thread Rusty.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

KP, very good to learn that you and yours are ok.  Heart goes out to the folks of Moore, OK and all those effected.  An EF5 for God's sake!!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Glad to hear you're OK, KP.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

dang bro, who is that

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Thanks everybody. We had some fear and uncertainty during the event, but no way near the ordeal some families went through.

Here is the tornado as it passes some distance from my house. It had just crossed what's known as Sooner Rd.

My daughter was in a school shelter and her school got some minor damage, she was safe though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Glad you are okay Kansas!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Thanks everybody. We had some fear and uncertainty during the event, but no way near the ordeal some families went through.

Here is the tornado as it passes some distance from my house. It had just crossed what's known as Sooner Rd.

My daughter was in a school shelter and her school got some minor damage, she was safe though.

Geez Kansas I forgot you are in OK, glad you and your family are ok.

Sections
Shortcuts