Panthers contacted by Patriots to discuss trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Panthers contacted by Patriots to discuss trade

The Patriots, who possess the 27th and 31st picks in the first round, have contacted the Panthers in an effort to move up to No. 9, a team source said.

This came out on CBS Sports news

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Panthers contacted by Patriots to discuss trade

In Response to Panthers contacted by Patriots to discuss trade:
    The Patriots, who possess the 27th and 31st picks in the first round, have contacted the Panthers in an effort to move up to No. 9, a team source said. This came out on CBS Sports news
    Posted by Asher77

Link?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

You have a link? I couldn't find anything on it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18845583

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well there's really only 4 players I can envision them trying to move up to #9 for:

Mark Barron - Rumored to go to either Bills at #10, Dal at #14, or Jets in a trade up, SD in a trade 

Melvin Ingram* - Rumored to go to Jax at #7, Car at #9 KC at #11, Jets in trade

Michael Brockers - Rumored to go to Dal at #14, SD at #18

Luke Kuechly - Rumored to go to Car at #9, KC at #11, Cards at #13

Past those players I don't see the Pats having a ton of interest in Cox, Gilmore, or Floyd and I believe Jones is just a decoy so not sure who else they'd move up for. Also, it seems weird they would target someone 20 picks up as a smoke screen. That high wouldn't cause another player to fall. They could be trying to force the Jets or Bills to move on a player they feel is going to be a bust (Jones) and have a division rival waste a pick (Jets who have taken the bait and have shown interest in moving up for Jones)

*Has had contact with Patriots >3 times which usually signals high interest

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ I don't see why we would do anything like that. I'd rather get 4 talented prospects in the 1st 3 rds in hopes to hit on 2 or 3 of them.

I agree with Eng, I don't see BB moving that far up in the draft....ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

This close to the draft and after the talk about the 12th pick it is a bigger possibility this does happen.

Melvin Ingram idea is the best I have heard and I think Eng may have nailed it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

PatsEng - why not Cox - I see him as Brockers fully developed. With Brockers you are projecting athletic talent devloping into a complete player. Cox is already there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Panthers contacted by Patriots to discuss trade:
    This close to the draft and after the talk about the 12th pick it is a bigger possibility this does happen. Melvin Ingram idea is the best I have heard and I think Eng may have nailed it.
    Posted by Asher77

Well, the Pats have used 11th hour information in the past to force trades and players. Notable interest in Ingram last year, Gholston was slated to go to the Pats 6hrs before the draft, and back in 03' it was almost assured that they were targeting Robertson after they invited him in for a workout 2 days before the 1st round and asking for updated contact info hours before the start of the first round

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

yes, we are good for smoke screens. I still don't see it as probable but I do imagine where there is some talk the possibility is more open to happening.

If Ingram was the man and JAX takes him at #7 maybe we hear a month from now how we would have pulled the trigger.

What we could have is teams think we want Barron or Cox and move on that info, possibly into a trade with JAX and that keeps Ingram from being drafted at #7 and into our lap at #9

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

PatsEng - why not Cox - I see him as Brockers fully developed. With Brockers you are projecting athletic talent devloping into a complete player. Cox is already there.
    Posted by mia76

Because Cox is weak against the run, gets washed out on dbl teams, and his slow start was thought to be because of his motivation after being suspended the first game either motivation to keep conditioned properly or desire after being suspended.

Brockers is already a pro ready run defender (something BB treasures above all else in his DL) with high upside as a pass rusher. Even though Cox has a high motor imo Brockers has a consistently high motor that produced consistent production throughout the year, and has never been suspended.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I find it hard to believe Pats are calling about jumping that high without knowing who will be available.  That's tipping your hand, Panthers now know Pats are willing to trade two first round, if they are willing to do that maybe in the heat of the moment we can get a 3rd too (Carolina's perspective).

The most secret place in the world today and all these reports are coming out? Its Rex Ryan lol  He wants to be BB so bad he's calling around as the Pats HC

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Panthers contacted by Patriots to discuss trade : Well, the Pats have used 11th hour information in the past to force trades and players. Notable interest in Ingram last year, Gholston was slated to go to the Pats 6hrs before the draft, and back in 03' it was almost assured that they were targeting Robertson after they invited him in for a workout 2 days before the 1st round and asking for updated contact info hours before the start of the first round
    Posted by PatsEng

One would expect that savvy NFL GM's would know well how the Pats play poker. It's amazing that GM's fall for their bluffs. Inviting Tebow to dinner in the North End 2 years ago was pure theater. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Were taking Chandler Jones. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

How much do you want to bet the Pats call everyone to ask what it would take to trade up so they have a starting point to begin with. I mean there isn't a lot of time to work out a trade if a player happens to fall. Just doing there homework I bet. Maybe even building a new value chart so when other teams call about their picks they have a good idea about the value

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Barron---Barron---Barron-----PLEASE!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Barron---Barron---Barron-----PLEASE!!
    Posted by jerh5

I think the Pats are shooting for Barron.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Yeah, ingram could likely be gone before 9, BB don't give up that much for Cox, don't need to go that high for Brockers. Its either Barron or nobody. Hopefully bobody. I really want to see Smith on this team without giving up picks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah, ingram could likely be gone before 9, BB don't give up that much for Cox, don't need to go that high for Brockers. Its either Barron or nobody. Hopefully bobody. I really want to see Smith on this team without giving up picks.
    Posted by elDunker2

Don't discount Kuechly. Kuechly is extermely similar to Mayo and we know how much BB loves Mayo. He could be drooling having 3 ILBs for 34 formations, I'm actually serious about that too

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Panthers contacted by Patriots to discuss trade : Don't discount Kuechly. Kuechly is extermely similar to Mayo and we know how much BB loves Mayo. He could be drooling having 3 ILBs for 34 formations, I'm actually serious about that too
    Posted by PatsEng

I'd love to see "Crazy Luke" in Patriots' blue!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Listening to Sirius nfl today. They were discussing the matchup problems TEs like gronkowski and Hernandez cause and the importance of having good safeties to defend this. Maybe BB wants him and wants to keep him from the jets?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Maybe they want Blackmon from OK St.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Barron

Sections
Shortcuts