Parallels to the SD game... Pats got snake bit this time!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Parallels to the SD game... Pats got snake bit this time!

If it weren't for SD giving the ball away in the red zone, and I would call giving up the ball on downs at the 1 part of that, do we think the Pats would have won last week?  The D stunk it up then like it did today.  The difference, it was the Pats' turn to turn the ball over while driving for apparent scores.  But, in the bigger picture, look at the D of some other teams this past weekend:
    Saints give up 33 to Houston; Eagles 29 to Giants; Jets 34 to Oakland; SD 17 to the hapless Chiefs.  Each of the aformentioned teams are "supposed" to have some pretty good defenses.  Where is all the Good D in the league we have been hearing about?  Seems the Pats aren't the only team in this dilemna!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Parallels to the SD game... Pats got snake bit this time!

Can't cover, or it's a penalty.  Can't hit the QB high, penalty.  Can't hit the QB low, penalty.  Can't hit the QB in the helmet with your hand, touch his face mask, or hit him in the back with your helmet.  Can't do much of anything.  The CLOTS must be sooooooo p1s$ed that Manning can't play.  They would be scoring like 890 points every game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Parallels to the SD game... Pats got snake bit this time!:
    [QUOTE]If it weren't for SD giving the ball away in the red zone, and I would call giving up the ball on downs at the 1 part of that, do we think the Pats would have won last week?  The D stunk it up then like it did today.  The difference, it was the Pats' turn to turn the ball over while driving for apparent scores.  But, in the bigger picture, look at the D of some other teams this past weekend: Saints give up 33 to Houston; Eagles 29 to Giants; Jets 34 to Oakland; SD 17 to the hapless Chiefs.  Each of the aformentioned teams are "supposed" to have some pretty good defenses.  Where is all the Good D in the league we have been hearing about?  Seems the Pats aren't the only team in this dilemna!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

The Saints don't have a good "D". 

The Eagles are a mess right now ... and apparently rudderless. 

The Cheifs will get better, they aren't as bad as their play in week one and two. And 17 is pretty good. NE is allowing over 30 a game. 

The Jets had an off week ... how often do they give up 30? They are the inverse of NE. They have a great "D" but their "O" can't win on it's own. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Jets got one sack today against the Raiders and allowed Darren McFadden to run for 172 yards on them.  Makes me a little nervous for next week. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Parallels to the SD game... Pats got snake bit this time!:
    [QUOTE]Jets got one sack today against the Raiders and allowed Darren McFadden to run for 172 yards on them.  Makes me a little nervous for next week. 
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Don't worry the Jets know NE will never run for 172 yards on anybody. I worry because our one dimensional offense is gonna set Brady up on a platter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Can't cover, or it's a penalty.  Can't hit the QB high, penalty.  Can't hit the QB low, penalty.  Can't hit the QB in the helmet with your hand, touch his face mask, or hit him in the back with your helmet.  Can't do much of anything.  The CLOTS must be sooooooo p1s$ed that Manning can't play.  They would be scoring like 890 points every game.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    That would mean that they are a better offensive team that the Pats. Not so.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]It's O'Brien. Or Brady or both.  Whoever has final say on the gameplans every weeek needs to not leave out 50% of your playbook with the running game. Note how on the first drive they showed it and then never really went back to it. Exactly what I said is happening, happened. If Brady isn't perfect, or flat out AWFUL like he was yesterday forcing balls or throwing carelessly, the D is constantly on the field. It simply cannot go on. There are way, way too many reasons to continue to avoid the elephant in the room and the source is the offense, not the defense.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I somewhat agree with this.  It's like they never have a plan B or plan C on offense.  However, it's not like they got shut down, even though Brady had 4 int's this loss is on the D.  Clearly they scored enough points to win the game it's the D that looked horrible yet again. The reason the D is on the field so long is that they can not stop the Offense and get out of there. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thunder. Show thunder's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parallels to the SD game... Pats got snake bit this time! : Even if they do, the problem is, when you see BJGE shuffled in, the team then knows they are going to show run to try run, Same with Woodhead. Here comes Woodhead! Pass. Here comes BJGE. Run. Brady is more lethal when he's under center can use play action. HE is a BETTER QB when the score is 17-7 than when it's 24-3 because you just know that 24-3 type of a score is strictly from 3 big plays and missed red zone opp because they simply never ran it/never proved they will run it early in games. It's like everything is centered around "showing" run for effect just so Brady can get off passing it 45 times. It's like Brady is a drug addict.  Moss was his drug, Welker is a drug now and they are good things.  At times.  At times. The more is to the game than just passing!!!  It's almost comical how some will jump through hoops to deny what I have been saying for years.  We have way too many fantasy football fans posting here, apparently. "But Welker had 218 yards receiving and 2 TDs!" "We only average 3 yards per carry so we aren't a good running team" "It's a passing league" Keep saying this silly comments (Not you), over and over again and you'll be scapegoating the D in January yet again. Always go to the source to fix the problem. If you can't; identify the source, then you'll never fix the problem.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parallels to the SD game... Pats got snake bit this time! : I somewhat agree with this.  It's like they never have a plan B or plan C on offense.  However, it's not like they got shut down, even though Brady had 4 int's this loss is on the D.  Clearly they scored enough points to win the game it's the D that looked horrible yet again. The reason the D is on the field so long is that they can not stop the Offense and get out of there. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

The defense hasn't been on the field that long. NE had a greater TOP. If your only solution to terrible defense is keeping them off the field, you need to address your terrible defense. 

It's like having a tire that busts a flat every time you drive on it, and responding that the tire is fine, as long as you don't drive on it. 

Read this, it might make you feel better:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thunder. Show thunder's posts

the bills went 90 yds on 3 plays w/about 50 penalty yards aiding the drive for a score, then followed that up w/ an 80 yd drive on the next series aided by a penalty for another score. all in the 2nd half when we needed something /anything from the defense. No pass rush. Bodden was 3 steps behind every reciever he was supposedly covering all day.intercept the ball in the endzone then give it right back on a pass interference penalty that allows the bills to eventually score again. The word that kept popping into my head was undisciplined play,play after play. then what happened w/ that 2nd NE timeout at the end of the game. Should of let him score at the end their just to give the offense 1 more crack. once they reviewed it I knew they would take a knee and run the clock out and kick the chippy FG.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

King i usually agree with your view but to say we need to run the ball more will solve things is a little off.  Sure, running the ball more would be nice but not stopping teams from scoring would be a lot nicer.  TB threw 4 int but the offense was still able to put up 31 points and we still lost the game. 

The year is still very young but i would like to see the D hold some teams down.  TB wont always be perfect and we need the D to step up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thunder. Show thunder's posts

I also thought that PI penalty was bad. The really disturbing play was the 3 consecutive penalties aiding the scoring drive when they the defense knew the momentum tide neede to be stemmed.2 plays 85+ yards for a score. Then on the next drive another stupid penalty.Utter lack of discipline.Chung definitely would of made a difference. we are going to have to go to more zone coverage to we can get some kind of constant pressure on the opposing teams QB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thunder. Show thunder's posts

What happened w/ that 2nd timeout @ the end of the game? Did BB call that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Totally agree With The King. I put this loss on offence. Defence cannot do much on an interception return for the TD. The turning point in the game was the first interception. The Pats were 13 yards away from the endzone with less than 2 min to play in the 1st half and they come out and throw the ball? Why not run, kill the clock, get at least 3 points and put the Bills away? Ditto for the third quarter. Run the freaking ball and keep pressure on Buffalo! Why did they draft those RBs?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Couple of thoughts. The momentum swing after the first pick was HUGE. We should have gone into halftime up 28-7 or 24-7 not 21-10. I do also place blame for this loss on the offense. You have to effectively be able to manage leads, chew up clock, and continue to put pressure on the other team. Brady had a stink bomb. It doesn't happen often but it did yesterday. Didn't like the cheap "free" trip to the one yard line on the crappy PI call. They need to change that penalty or allow for review of any PI call in the endzone. Lastly, part of me is still depressed because i do not think this defense can win it all. All of our offseason additions seem like complete BUSTS. I want to see an EXPLOSIVE Haynseworth exploding into the backfield by week 8! Unfortunately I do not see that coming...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Why did the Pats draft not one but two running backs this year and don't look like they plan on atleast trying to establish a running game of some kind. 
    I want to see more of Ridley. 
    Not happy with the D and still the lack of Pass rush but I also do not care for the spread offense all game.  The Moss days are over and it's time to move on and become more balanced on offense. I thought that was the plan.  Guess I was wrong there.