Parcells Quits Yet Again

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Parcells Quits Yet Again

BB.

Kraft hired BB, stupid. Read it again.  Why Kraft hired BB, realizing it was him who was the brains behind Parcells.

He made a mistake letting BB walk away the first time when PArcells quit. He was quoted on this in one of the bios.

When Parcells left for NYJ, Kraft wanted to hire BB then. 

I am sure plenty of NE fans will vouch for this as well, becuase it's in one of those books.

EDIT:

Found it, scroll down:

http://books.google.com/books?id=epA4r19dibsC&pg=PA89&lpg=PA89&dq=kraft+wanted+to+hire+belichick+in+1996&source=bl&ots=CAMRkveh1v&sig=7X22GhJnYlFKP8eXK6ORfERWgz0&hl=en&ei=cbOQTfncJaSV0QG584SgCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=kraft%20wanted%20to%20hire%20belichick%20in%201996&f=false

The reality is, BB's understanding of the economics set him apart from most other GMs in this era, including Parcells.

Get it?

Kraft hiring BB was because of the economics aspect. Parcells, to this day, still does not show that he grasped this angle.  At all.

Brandon Marshall is paid how much and how many picks did they lose?

Funny how Parcells woulnd't want to draft Glenn in 1996, yet he'd do this 15 years later:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5085644

Picks and paying out that deal for a WR?  Double whammy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Umm, no I wasn't. In fact, if you go up one more sentence you can see that I was talking about BB and Parcells.  That should have said why Kraft "hired BB".

Parcells is a great coach. COACH.

This discussion has NOTHING to do with that. Nothing. This is about GM.

It's specifically for the GM discussion.  You read only what you want. 

You pretending I don';t something as momumental as when Kraft bought the team is hilarious. Again, no one is buying it.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Parcells Quits Yet Again:
    In Response to Re: Parcells Quits Yet Again : Bwa ha ha ha aha haha haha hahahahahahahahahaah! What a loser! Yeah you  were talking about BB, riiight.  "That's why Jerry Jones hired him.  Desperation. Heck, it;s why Kraft hired him and why Kraft hired him and realized he made a mistake" Were you also saying that Jerry Jones hired BB, too? What an idiot you are.
    Posted by PhatRex

42 years since the Jets have seen a Superbowl. Yup I guess you have lots of experiences with losers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Note how is only retort is to somehow try to frame the wording of an indirect object (BB/him) into how he thinks it should read.

Instead of saying "I disagree, here's why", he doesn't.  As usual.

He's done.  As usual. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Note how is only retort is to somehow try to frame the wording of an indirect object (BB/him) into how he thinks it should read. Instead of saying "I disagree, here's why", he doesn't.  As usual. He's done.  As usual. lol
    Posted by BBReigns

Well this site is how he defines his manhood so he needs an argument in order to claim a victory. Doesn't metter if there was any need for an argument or wether or not he had a point. It's all about impressing his obese girlfriend whose sitting next to him in his mommy's basement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Very true.

He and his trolling network refuse to come with any substance into the discussion.

It's all tactics to try to deflect from what they do not want to read.  

In this case, BB is far more impressive than Parcells and BB doesn't quit when the fire gets hot.

Truth hurts for the trolls.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Or, really it shows how great of a coach BB really is.

I freely admit I posted this to show how weak Parcells is and still laugh at the ESPN poll that compared Parcells as a GM to BB, pretending it was meant to be a contest.

I absolutely posted this to expose Parcells for the self absorbed ego driven has been he is.

Yet the media somehow loves the guy.

It's pathetic. Let's drum up support for Parcells, a known quitter and money grabbing supposed footbal guru, while badgering a HOF coach, GM and legend like Belichick.

It just further proves what the agenda is by the media.

Your inability to counter with anything concrete is proof you lost.

And stop borrowing my words, too. You don't even know what the word "crux" means, tool.

You aren't going to sound any smarter using big boy words, Phatty.

Either prove Parcells is as good as BB with multiple team building results from the personnel chair or don't.  The fact you have not proves my point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Parcells Quits Yet Again : Better send in the grammar police.  Where are they when you need them? And there is the crux of it all.  You are not capable of trying to make a point about anyone or anything without relating it back to BB.  So, BB has not won a SB without Romeo, why don't you keep bringing that up?  BB's work with New England is as impressive as his work with Cleveland was pathetic.  What BB has done with ONE team is unprecedented.  What the Tuna has done in his career with many teams is also unprecedented.  You cannot compare the two.  You seem to be so concerned about how individuals are rated.  As if this idea being "overrated" is somehow able to be quantified.  Overrated by who?  What rating system are you even talking about?  It's only in your mind, you pathetic loser.  Last year all you wanted to say was how overrated Revis was, even though he had about the greatest season a CB had ever had, this year it's all about how overrated Parcells is. Get over it, loser.  Nobody has had the type of success Parcells has had.  The only point in his career you can judge Parcells solely as a GM is in Miami and yet you keep trying to do just that.   And even then, you, as some loser that does not even know the recent history of his own team, have no idea of exactly what Parcells true duties were in Miami.  The idea that you believe you can separate who was responsible for what and when is absurd, idiotic, ignorant, and arrogant.  Do you think BB had any say of draft picks while they were working for the Jets?  Do you think Ireland or Sporano had draft input in Miami?  And by the way, speaking of BB, is there a HC in the history of the NFL that has had so many assistants become such total failures in the NFL.  This reflects very poorly on BB's ability to teach others.  The Tuna, on the other hand has a list of former assistants with great successes.
    Posted by PhatRex

here is where I go Phatty highlighting less than perfect sentence structure, even though I know what he means:

"Last year all you wanted to say was how overrated Revis was, even though he had about the greatest season a CB had ever had."

He didn't have one of the best years for a CB in 2010.

That's false.

He held out, came in out of shape, pulled a hammy while being toasted by Moss and then got to the Pro Bowl on reputation, as a rookie named McCourty totally outperformed and outproduced him.

bawhahaha!

What a loser. He doesn't even the know the quality of a seasons his favorite players have!

lol!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

We should be asking you that, as you have apparently been here for years with different names, doing nothing but showing how jealous you are of the Pats.

We get it. BB scorned the Jets and then made history, going down as arguably the greatest coach ever and one of the best GMs, certainly in the cap era.

Blame the new ownership group and management at the time, for being duped by Parcells.

Miami just got burned. Another team for the Tuna. Hoepfully, Jeff Ireland knows what he is doing. lol

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

So, Belichick has shown to be an absolute master in the cap era and Parcells is good, but not great, but you can't live with this statement, eh, Phatty?

Why is that?

Because it puts BB above Parcells?

Learn to read.

No one said Parcells was bad, but OVERRATED.  His cache as coach and his cute statements and one liners make him a friend of the press, because he gives them copy. Get it? Get the premise?

What;s absurd is you can't counter with reasons, examples, facts and data to support your counterpoints.  This is because you don't have any.

You just say "50% is pretty good".  Pretty good isn't "Hi, I built a dynasty and an undefeated team" good while my entire staff is raided every year.

These two aspects (friendly with media/great coach IN THE PAST) OVERRATE Parcells in the discussion.   Parcells isn't even a better GM than Mike Shanahan or Bill Cowher.

The fact ESPN tried to prop up Parcells onto the BB or even the Bill Polian level, is hilarious.

Ozzie Newsome has been a better GM in the cap era than Parcells. FACT.

And Pioli and Dimitrioff are well on their way.

The fact Parcells allows his coaching legacy to get in the way and his ego takes over, just furthers the idea of how overrated he is, never seeing a project through.

He's quit within 3 years of every single place he's been since the Giants.

"A fast rebuilder of franchises"?   Nice grammar, Phatty. You sure about that? Since when?

He quit on that in NE, the JEts and Dallas. And now Miami.

As if all of these teams weren't projected to improve from 4-12 type seasons anyway?

Miami imrpoved from 1-15. Wow!  How did he do it?  To what now? A mediocre team with a crappy head coach?

Isn't it more so he IMPROVES them from the doldrums, which isn't hard to do considering where those franchisies were at, and when he's truly rebuilt or improved them, guess who has been at his side calling plays on defense?

lol

Maybe Dungy or Cowher could do it? Why haven't they?  Dungy couldn't even win in TB with what McKay put together with Monte Kiffin's D.   Dungy?

Dungy is arguably the most overrated coach in the last 30 years.  So is Cowher, for that matter, but at least Cowher had different periods within the cap era to judge his resume.

Dungy just walked into the Polian Colts situation with some guy named Gomer under Center.

The reason why you can't find examples to counter is because it's THAT RARE what BB has done, dummy.

Name one other coach and GM in the last 35 years that has BB's resume.

Even your boy Parcells doesn't have it. This is the point.  Parcells is a quitter.

Maybe BB should have quit the Pats to keep his ego and legacy better off, right, Phatty?

BB = Little/No Ego
    Parcells = MAJOR Ego

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

What's interesting is the media has created Belichick to be some autocratic tyrant. I am certain Belichick gets input from Reese, Scarnecchia etc....although he probably has veto power over all personel decisions.

The "Tuna" was great for a quote and thus more media-friendly than Belichick. He has helped some teams attain mediocrity. To me, you have to attain some success in the playoffs before I use the term complete turnaround. I agree he's overated, but he is quotable and has a media-friendly perception. It seems to me he left both Dallas and Miami before they even attained success. I'd be more worried about him finishing what he started than anything else.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

So, Belichick has shown to be an absolute master in the cap era and Parcells is good, but not great, but you can't live with this statement, eh, Phatty? Why is that? Because it puts BB above Parcells? Learn to read. No one said Parcells was bad, but OVERRATED.  His cache as coach and his cute statements and one liners make him a friend of the press, because he gives them copy. Get it? Get the premise? What;s absurd is you can't counter with reasons, examples, facts and data to support your counterpoints.  This is because you don't have any. You just say "50% is pretty good".  Pretty good isn't "Hi, I built a dynasty and an undefeated team" good while my entire staff is raided every year. These two aspects (friendly with media/great coach IN THE PAST) OVERRATE Parcells in the discussion.   Parcells isn't even a better GM than Mike Shanahan or Bill Cowher. The fact ESPN tried to prop up Parcells onto the BB or even the Bill Polian level, is hilarious. Ozzie Newsome has been a better GM in the cap era than Parcells. FACT. And Pioli and Dimitrioff are well on their way. The fact Parcells allows his coaching legacy to get in the way and his ego takes over, just furthers the idea of how overrated he is, never seeing a project through. He's quit within 3 years of every single place he's been since the Giants. "A fast rebuilder of franchises"?   Nice grammar, Phatty. You sure about that? Since when? He quit on that in NE, the JEts and Dallas. And now Miami. As if all of these teams weren't projected to improve from 4-12 type seasons anyway? Miami imrpoved from 1-15. Wow!  How did he do it?  To what now? A mediocre team with a crappy head coach? Isn't it more so he IMPROVES them from the doldrums, which isn't hard to do considering where those franchisies were at, and when he's truly rebuilt or improved them, guess who has been at his side calling plays on defense? lol Maybe Dungy or Cowher could do it? Why haven't they?  Dungy couldn't even win in TB with what McKay put together with Monte Kiffin's D.   Dungy? Dungy is arguably the most overrated coach in the last 30 years.  So is Cowher, for that matter, but at least Cowher had different periods within the cap era to judge his resume. Dungy just walked into the Polian Colts situation with some guy named Gomer under Center. The reason why you can't find examples to counter is because it's THAT RARE what BB has done, dummy. Name one other coach and GM in the last 35 years that has BB's resume. Even your boy Parcells doesn't have it. This is the point.  Parcells is a quitter. Maybe BB should have quit the Pats to keep his ego and legacy better off, right, Phatty? BB = Little/No Ego Parcells = MAJOR Ego
    Posted by BBReigns

I have to disagree there on the last part of BB = Little/No Ego.  I think that the problem the last few years is BB's ego has gotten in the way of him bringing in better assistant coaches or any coaches at all.  He shouldn't be the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the def coordinator, the gm..... on and on. 

Why does he do it?  Because he thinks he can do it better then anyone else -- i.e.  EGO. 

It's pretty simple the Pats were at there best with BB, Romeo, Wiess & Pioli (spelling?).  No one can do it all on their own and no one should try.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Parcells Quits Yet Again : Of course he does.  They all do.  No-one does it alone, regardless of what their title is.  Coaches have influence on draft picks and FA pick ups, even when they are not the GM. In fact, in some cases, they are given X amount of picks in a draft to use on who they want.  However, rusty pinkhat would have you believe that every good draft pick or FA pickup was BB, and only the bad ones were someone else.  That somehow BB was the guy who actually handles the salary cap structuring, the drafting, the coaching, the offensive game plan, the defensive game plan, the player development - all of that -unless it was done poorly, then someone else gets the blame.  The whole idea of putting a staff together from GM to coach, to player development to assistant to cap men is to create a good group of people that have the same sort of plan in mind.  BB does not do anything solely and neither did the Tuna. 
    Posted by PhatRex

How about Crusty's BB=no ego? Those guys all have huge egos on a relatively level plane. BB's is big enough where he can't find his hat size. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Grier was above Parcells. Parcells was hired to be the coach with some personnel power.   Parcells was the coach. Grier the GM. Grier />Parcells, hence why Parcells left after the big turd didn't get his way in the '96 draft. Try reading the facts for once. Without Glenn's 90 receptions in 1996, there is no way that team makes it to a SB. Period. Glenn was a flash in the pan, but that is a fact. Too bad Parcells wasn't such a flash in the pan in the GM chair himself. Also, Parcells never picked LT nor did he draft Mike Vrabel (yes, Vrabel was a cast off) nor select Seymour. He did pick Bruschi in the 1996 draft (confirmed by Bruschi), yet Bruschi was too small to play 3-4 OLB. So, even then, Parcells didn't have it right. The point isn't to bash Parcells. The point is to explain how overrated he is.
    Posted by BBReigns

Again, I'm not saying I'm a Parcells fan, but I recall that Parcells was planning on drafting Tony Brakens and getting Mushin Mohamad later on...he was in love with the both of them. Both of these guys had pretty good careers. Saying that someone is poor at picking players or excellent at it, is probably about as inaccurate an assessment as you can make about someone's performance...no one really has a clue who is picking, scouting, loving, hating these players. There is too many factors that go into a selection. I remember Parcells saying he thought an entire team could be built around Vince Wilfork when he was a sophomore...looks like Belichick kind of agreed; based off what they pay him.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts