Parcells Slaps BdBreu (And Other Pinkies)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Parcells Slaps BdBreu (And Other Pinkies)

Good article.  Hope Parcells is right!  As a former NFL coach, he has seen teams develop during the course of the season many times.   I still like our chances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Of Course the Pats are better than last year, from the defense to the offense. 

We're better at RB, pass rush, CB as safety. 

McCourty is the best safety we've had in 4 years (Rodney Harrison), Aqib and Alfonzo are better than McCourty and Arrington last year, the LB crew is vastly improved, the DL is vastly improved. The OL is stagnant, the QB position is stagnant, the WR position is better (Deion Branch was the 2nd WR in 2011, but he's the 4th WR in 2012.) TE is better (Still have Hern and Gronk, but we add Shaincoe) and we're vastly improved at RB. 

We're better now than we've been in the past 4 years, last game was an aberration. Come on, the run defense was terrible. We have the best run defense in the NFL. That alone should be enough to show you it was an abberation. 

The Colts are toast! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Some of these guys probably don't even know who Bill Parcells is. This team is absolutely better then last year, and they have a better chance if winning the SB this year. As The Tuna said, they are better in all 3 phases.

Complimentary football!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of Course the Pats are better than last year, from the defense to the offense. 

We're better at RB, pass rush, CB as safety. 

McCourty is the best safety we've had in 4 years (Rodney Harrison), Aqib and Alfonzo are better than McCourty and Arrington last year, the LB crew is vastly improved, the DL is vastly improved. The OL is stagnant, the QB position is stagnant, the WR position is better (Deion Branch was the 2nd WR in 2011, but he's the 4th WR in 2012.) TE is better (Still have Hern and Gronk, but we add Shaincoe) and we're vastly improved at RB. 

We're better now than we've been in the past 4 years, last game was an aberration. Come on, the run defense was terrible. We have the best run defense in the NFL. That alone should be enough to show you it was an abberation. 

The Colts are toast! 

[/QUOTE]

we are better on paper. the defense has not been much better on the field (setting records for defensice futility). time to change the defensive scheme

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Rusty pink dope,

The problems with the D's are not every where.  There are very good D's out there and only giving up 13, 15,17 points a game.  Last I checked there were 11 teams giving up 20 or less which is also pretty good.  The Problem is, the Pats are not one of those 11, in fact they gained 2 more points per game last week.

So I don't have any idea what your point is. 

Are you falsely trying to say the Pats D is a product of the rules?   Because if so, that would be your dumbest thing ever and there is plenty of that to chose from.

Are you also trying to say the O (only the Pats) is benefiting from that since they are ranked #1 pretty much across the board and it's really not even close.  Please explain how the wide open offenses has resulting in only the Pats 0 being the best.,

AND please explain why only the Pats D is ranked 31st in 3rd down conversions.  Is that the new rules fault?

Explain why the Pats D is giving up more 20+ yrd completions than any one else?  (Forty freaken seven of them) That dubious distinction is there's and there's alone. 

How have the new Offenses hurt only them?

This D is not getting better, they are going the wrong way in every magor catagory (well except TO's.)  Problem is, they aren't getting those TO's against good O's.  Problem is, without that, they absolutely do rank dead last in every catagory.  Problem is, they were high last year with TO's and they got NONE when it mattered most.

Can't live and die with the TO, you need something else to fall back on and as far as that goes, there is NOTHING.  Too bad they can't get all there turn overs on 3rd downs, then they wouldn't be last in the league in one of the most important and pertinent stats.

The game revolves around stopping 3rd down conversions (in a nutshell). That is the most important stat for a D and that is where they've failed for what seems like an eternity.

95% of what they do on D resolves around that pesky little 3rd down stat. You see the teams good at that actually stop scoring, stop 1st downs, stop the run, stop the nose bleed with ToP, stop bad offensive field position, ect.    THAT's what it's all about!  You can't stop another O if they are converting 60% of the time. They are either scoring or are the field for 2/3rds of the game or both.  Pick your poison.

It has absolutely nothing to do with other teams offenses being wide open.  It has to do with their inability to stop even the crapiest O's and making each opponent's QB an instant HOF'r.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty pink dope,

The problems with the D's are not every where.  There are very good D's out there and only giving up 13, 15,17 points a game.  Last I checked there were 11 teams giving up 20 or less which is also pretty good.  The Problem is, the Pats are not one of those 11, in fact they gained 2 more points per game last week.

So I don't have any idea what your point is. 

Are you falsely trying to say the Pats D is a product of the rules?   Because if so, that would be your dumbest thing ever and there is plenty of that to chose from.

Are you also trying to say the O (only the Pats) is benefiting from that since they are ranked #1 pretty much across the board and it's really not even close.  Please explain how the wide open offenses has resulting in only the Pats 0 being the best.,

AND please explain why only the Pats D is ranked 31st in 3rd down conversions.  Is that the new rules fault?

Explain why the Pats D is giving up more 20+ yrd completions than any one else?  (Forty freaken seven of them) That dubious distinction is there's and there's alone. 

How have the new Offenses hurt only them?

This D is not getting better, they are going the wrong way in every magor catagory (well except TO's.)  Problem is, they aren't getting those TO's against good O's.  Problem is, without that, they absolutely do rank dead last in every catagory.  Problem is, they were high last year with TO's and they got NONE when it mattered most.

Can't live and die with the TO, you need something else to fall back on and as far as that goes, there is NOTHING.  Too bad they can't get all there turn overs on 3rd downs, then they wouldn't be last in the league in one of the most important and pertinent stats.

The game revolves around stopping 3rd down conversions (in a nutshell). That is the most important stat for a D and that is where they've failed for what seems like an eternity.

95% of what they do on D resolves around that pesky little 3rd down stat. You see the teams good at that actually stop scoring, stop 1st downs, stop the run, stop the nose bleed with ToP, stop bad offensive field position, ect.    THAT's what it's all about!  You can't stop another O if they are converting 60% of the time. They are either scoring or are the field for 2/3rds of the game or both.  Pick your poison.

It has absolutely nothing to do with other teams offenses being wide open.  It has to do with their inability to stop even the crapiest O's and making each opponent's QB an instant HOF'r.

[/QUOTE]

" It has to do with their inability to stop even the crapiest O's and making each opponent's QB an instant HOF'r"

excellent breakdown

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You are mad as a hatter. I haven't seen anybody here saying we are worse than last season. The D seems about equally bad, pass D is worse, though that didn't seem possible, and the run D is better. The O has gotten better with Ridley over Benny. Overall, the team is a little better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Until the Pat's can really put away a team and dominate when having a lead, there is no certainty this years team will do anything positive in the playoffs. Where the h3ll is the killer instinct? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Parcells is confident about the state of the offense. However, on the other side of the ball, the Patriots have been pilloried for their pass defense over the course of the first nine games — New England has given up an average of 285.3 passing yards per game (fourth-most in the league), 47 pass plays of 20 yards or more (most in the league) and 19 touchdown passes (tied for third-most in the league).

...., they could still use another pass rusher.

€œI think you can talk about the pass defense, but at the same time, you need to also talk about the pass rush,” Parcells said. “I know Bill addressed that this past season with the addition of a few guys like Chandler Jones, but I think they could use another guy coming off that edge. They could use another pressure player off the corner.”

Bill knows what the problems are, and he’s better than just about anyone when it comes to identifying the problems and going about trying to fix it and adjust it,” Parcells said. €œWith the wide-open offenses, the problems with pass defense are everywhere. It’s just a matter of making the adjustments and seeing who can play best late in the season, and I’m confident that Bill will have them headed in the right direction.”

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the problems - for the most part are from the defense: lack of pass rush and lack of pass coverage.

However, the Patriots' secondary has been disproportionately gotten worse than all the other teams re: pass coverage. So, if all the rule changes affect every team equally since 2008/2009 - the Patriots ranking should be middling, but it isn't.  They've got from middling to the bottom of the heap. Better than 2011 team. Perhaps, but not by much. Most importantly, the Patriots have gone from top 5 in points against....to middling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Who cares if this team is better then last years team if they don't win the Super Bowl.  Useless post from Rusty once again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Parcell's is correct, the problems are minimal and can be fixed.  

I hope Justin Francis can get some more PT, he looked good last week.  All the moaning about a 3 game winning streak is funny... I can imagine some poor Jaguar's fan sitting at home reading this thread wanting to throttle Pat's fans for thinking that a trip to the Super Bowl was an abject failure.

Posters here are so entitled it's sickening, a 3 game win streak, #1 offense in the league, tops in the NFL in turnover ratio and they're whining.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am willing to bet every poster on this board has seen more of the Pats this year than Parcells has.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots secondary will improve once Chung returns and once Talib intergrates into the defense. The Offense is the best in the league so it's not such a great leap of faith by Parcells to say that the Patriots are a better team this year than last years edition. As for whether they play for the title again it still will depend on the bounce of the ball and which team Goodell has decided will be the next Super Bowl winner.Sorry for the synicism but I believe all of the pro leagues are fixed. The WWE was the first too admit they were rigged I'm just waiting for one of the other commisioners to raise their paltry little hands and tell everyone how long their league has been rigged.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Parcell's is correct, the problems are minimal and can be fixed.  

I hope Justin Francis can get some more PT, he looked good last week.  All the moaning about a 3 game winning streak is funny... I can imagine some poor Jaguar's fan sitting at home reading this thread wanting to throttle Pat's fans for thinking that a trip to the Super Bowl was an abject failure.

Posters here are so entitled it's sickening, a 3 game win streak, #1 offense in the league, tops in the NFL in turnover ratio and they're whining.  

[/QUOTE]

Wozz,

Correct, expectations are very high here. The team has played well only in spurts and has glaring deficiencies that may or may not be exposed in the play offs. What you call whining, some of us feel is objectively stating our opinion.

SUre, guys like Neal Page and others jump on these links and ruin any reasonable discussion, but I wouldnt call stating ones opinion on a board created for fans to state their opinions sickening

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Any thoughts about whether BB is holding some crafty defensive scheme for later in the year or in the playoffs? For example, I think it was the Jets game were the D went man to man either late in the game and/or in overtime. I think that's why Ninkovich got his strip sack/fumble recovery.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This team is a bit better than last year.  But the CBs and Safties have to a) get healthy (Chung, Gregory) and b) play a significant amount and learn on the job (Dennard, Talib, Wilson, Ebner).  I think the talent level is higher, but the results seem to be the same so far.  Here's hoping Talib can solidy one corner position after a few games getting back in stride.  Here's hoping that Chunng can return to his former level (good but not great) and that Wilson can learn from early rookie mistakes.  They have some time to work it out (glass half full) but they have shown little to make me believe they can improve significantly (glass half empty).

Wild cards: Talib, Dennard, Chung and Wilson.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

To my eyes it appears the bulk of our D troubles are scheme specific breakdowns .

Thats on BB/ Patricia .

Luckily  , like Parcells is pointing out - BB's too smart not to eventually fix the problem .

Hopefully sooner rather than later .

The look on both BB and Patricia's face after Fitz gifted the game clinching McCourty INT said it all ...

His bend /break D philosophy is just too excruciating to all involved to continue any longer

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts