Parcells Slaps BdBreu (And Other Pinkies)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Parcells Slaps BdBreu (And Other Pinkies)

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To my eyes it appears the bulk of our D troubles are scheme specific breakdowns .

Thats on BB/ Patricia .

Luckily  , like Parcells is pointing out - BB's too smart not to eventually fix the problem .

Hopefully sooner rather than later .

The look on both BB and Patricia's face after Fitz gifted the game clinching McCourty INT said it all ...

His bend /break D philosophy is just too excruciating to all involved to continue any longer

[/QUOTE]

yes, but when?  Hasn't this really been going on since about 2006?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the article states what we've been saying for five years - the offense is fine - the defense needs to improve. Parcells says we need another edge rusher, I couldn't agree more...Nink isn't getting pressure. The only time he gets "pressure" is when the QB is flushed to his side because of Chandler. I'd take a guy that could pressure up the middle too. Say what you want about Parcells, but the guy could pick a pass rusher...Ware, Taylor, Wake, Abraham.

Parcells told Belichick to fix his defense over the off season. Belichick listened to sound advice and went heavy in that direction in the draft. Free agency didn't pan out...hopefully it will be enough...doesn't look that way to me.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Parcells told Belichick to fix his defense over the off season. Belichick listened to sound advice and went heavy in that direction in the draft. Free agency didn't pan out...hopefully it will be enough...doesn't look that way to me.

[/QUOTE]

Source?

[/QUOTE]

Oh Christ, it was either one of the following...NFL network two weeks after the draft or local station following the draft. I can't remember. I want to say there was a thread here too. And if you don't buy that, I can always say Parcells told me that at one of my world famous pool party/cookouts.

Personally if I was Belichick I wouldn't even talk to the guy after the book he wrote with McDonough...no way, sorry. Some serious disrespect there, and Belichick is probably the reason he has those Super Bowls.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Source?

[/QUOTE]

Oh Christ, it was either one of the following...NFL network two weeks after the draft or local station following the draft. I can't remember. I want to say there was a thread here too. And if you don't buy that, I can always say Parcells told me that at one of my world famous pool party/cookouts.

Personally if I was Belichick I wouldn't even talk to the guy after the book he wrote with McDonough...no way, sorry. Some serious disrespect there, and Belichick is probably the reason he has those Super Bowls.

[/QUOTE]

parcells is one of the bigger @sses around. no respect for the way he has always treated people.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Source?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, post the source or pipe down.  You've been caught again. There is no way Parcells told BB to "fix your defense" when BB has been slowly doing that without dipping into FA for the last 3 offeseasons and no top 10 draft picks.

Meanwhile, Bill Parcells leaves a trail of dung after every stop he has in every franchise he has been a part of, especially as GM in Dallas (partially) and in Miami.

Parcells would have totally blown this if he was the GM here. He would have overspent on a Mario Williams, for example.

We all know BB was waiting for the rookie cap to hit before using it to his advantage. Or, at least SOME of us know that.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

Yes he did say it.  I read it and there was a thread about it here,  unfortunately they got wipped out with the change over.    Might have even been on ESPN Boston.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to teegee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any thoughts about whether BB is holding some crafty defensive scheme for later in the year or in the playoffs? For example, I think it was the Jets game were the D went man to man either late in the game and/or in overtime. I think that's why Ninkovich got his strip sack/fumble recovery.

[/QUOTE]

Of course he is. He's done it every single year he's been a coach here.  The only difference is, the teams with more vets on it played better in the bend/don't break.

It's beyond comical we have pink hats running around here not knowing two things:

1.  This era's offenses have it easier, hence more yards in the air and higher points averages than 10 years ago.

2. BB never shows much during the regular season on D. Ever.

[/QUOTE]

They are averaging 2 more points per team per game and that just happened last year, (only one year)  It is expected not to be as high this year.  For the prior 10 years, the points per game did not increase one iota.  Do your homework before you spread more falsities.
    Thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Exposes em pretty good with this astute analysis:

Bill Parcells: This Patriots team is better than 2011 11.12.12 at 11:41 pm ET By Christopher Price   11      

Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells go back a long way, and Parcells believes that Belichick has this New England team well prepared for the stretch run. (AP)

Bill Parcells has faith.

The former Patriots coach said Monday that despite any struggles New England has faced over the course of the first nine games of the season — particularly on the defensive side of the ball — he believes this year’s Patriots’ team is better than the one that came up just short against the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI in all three phases of the game.

And he’s told Bill Belichick that on several occasions.

“I do communicate with Bill sometimes during the year — usually via text, occasionally, it’ll be a phone call,” Parcells said Monday afternoon. “I told him that I thought his team was a better team this year than it was last year, and I really believe that. I really think that. I know they went to the Super Bowl last year, but I believe they’re better now than they were in 2011. Football is a very unusual game — a bounce here or there can affect them, and I think that’s ultimately what happened to them last year.

“But this year, they are certainly one of the top contenders in the AFC — they’re a team that I don’t think a lot of teams would look forward to playing late in the season and into the playoffs. You see things differently from a coaching perspective, and I think people need to realize that.”

Parcells is confident about the state of the offense. However, on the other side of the ball, the Patriots have been pilloried for their pass defense over the course of the first nine games — New England has given up an average of 285.3 passing yards per game (fourth-most in the league), 47 pass plays of 20 yards or more (most in the league) and 19 touchdown passes (tied for third-most in the league).

While Parcells said you could take the pass defense to task, you also have to consider the state of the pass rush, which has struggled at times to get consistent pressure on opposing quarterbacks. Parcells believes that while Belichick and the Patriots have taken strides in the right direction with a handful of additions in free agency and the draft (including first-round selection Chandler Jones this past spring), they could still use another pass rusher.

“I think you can talk about the pass defense, but at the same time, you need to also talk about the pass rush,” Parcells said. “I know Bill addressed that this past season with the addition of a few guys like Chandler Jones, but I think they could use another guy coming off that edge. They could use another pressure player off the corner.”

In the end, Parcells has faith that Belichick and the Patriots will be able to “figure it out” between now and the end of the season.

“Bill knows what the problems are, and he’s better than just about anyone when it comes to identifying the problems and going about trying to fix it and adjust it,” Parcells said. “With the wide-open offenses, the problems with pass defense are everywhere. It’s just a matter of making the adjustments and seeing who can play best late in the season, and I’m confident that Bill will have them headed in the right direction.”

[/QUOTE]

But everytime I use Parcells to make an argument, you said he was overated and irrevelent. I guess it just matters what he is talking about.... smh

you are so predictable Rusty.  You dug all that up just to show a quote about pass defense??  I would rather them improve than try to make excuses why we s*ck in the back end. Fact is some teams care enough to stop it and some make excuses. I dont do excuses. I want Results. I WANT WINNERS (in my mike singletary voice)  oh, where is Mike these days?? I bet HE can coach defense

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Source?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, post the source or pipe down.  You've been caught again. There is no way Parcells told BB to "fix your defense" when BB has been slowly doing that without dipping into FA for the last 3 offeseasons and no top 10 draft picks.

Meanwhile, Bill Parcells leaves a trail of dung after every stop he has in every franchise he has been a part of, especially as GM in Dallas (partially) and in Miami.

Parcells would have totally blown this if he was the GM here. He would have overspent on a Mario Williams, for example.

We all know BB was waiting for the rookie cap to hit before using it to his advantage. Or, at least SOME of us know that.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

No Parcells (The Master) No Bellichick

but we've been down this road already so i will just leave it there  :  )

[/QUOTE]

First of all did you know Parcells without Belichick has a below 500% record? One season after BB became Parcells defensive coordinator, his team was in the Super Bowl.  Happened with the Giants, happened with the Pat's... oh yeah, how did Parcells do without BB in Dallas and Miami?

You should probably invest some time doing research instead of running your d sucker so often on a site that has nothing to do with you or your team.

Secondly I've bashed Rusty here for a number of things and even asked him at times to relax, moreover I've been on this board for over a decade, I've survived the good times and the bad.  But I've never seen a front running, gloating troll quite like you. Go back to Jersey and talk about the Jests and Giants with the rest of the extras from the Jersey Shore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Source?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lmao

[/QUOTE]

Yes he did say it.  I read it and there was a thread about it here,  unfortunately they got wipped out with the change over.    Might have even been on ESPN Boston.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I knew I read or saw it somewhere during the off season, I just couldn't remember where. It doesn't matter anyway - anyone with half a brain knew the defense needed (needs) to be fixed. I mean most of us knew this (aside from Rusty).

Not a fan of Parcells after the way he left here. Don't get me wrong, I loved the guy while he was here, but he really was classless when he left.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Source?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lmao

[/QUOTE]

No Parcells (The Master) No Bellichick

but we've been down this road already so i will just leave it there  :  )

[/QUOTE]

So if Parcells is the "Master"...then who is Ray Perkins? Sorry Jints but BB has worked under Ted Marchibroda, Tommy Hudspeth, Red Miller and Ray Perkins for a total of 7 years before he worked under Parcells for a total of 12. BB has also won Superbowls without BP and BP has yet to do the same! I bet you also did not know that BB was a part of the Giant's staff prior to BP joining. Your comment about BB learning all he has from just BP is sort of idiotic! Not saying that he has learned nothing from Parcells but...come on now with that BS your talking. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts