Parity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Parity

i know its early in the season but do any others have a sense that this year is wide open with no really dominant team yet? It seems like the league has more parity right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Re: Parity

Well lets go through the list of teams and look at who has a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl.

Oakland - No
    Buffalo - No
    Arizona - No
    Seattle - No
    Carolina - No
    San Francisco - No
    Tampa Bay - No
    St. Louis - Super Bowl? No
    Detroit - Nah

Jacksonville - No
    Cleveland - No
    Cincinnati - Nah
    New York Giants - Nah
    Washington - No
    Atlanta - No
    Denver - Nah
    Kansas City - Ehh, no
    Chicago - Maybe
    Minnesota - Maybe
    Philadelphia - With Vick, there's a chance.
    San Diego - Nah
    Baltimore - Shaky offense but pretty solid D
    Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers level of consistency is very weird, but they're too good of a team to not compete.
    New York Jets - Sure, defense, special teams, and offensive playmakers.
    Miami - Nah, it's not all there for them.
    New England - Offense certainly, defense is going to have to mature in time.
    Dallas - They'll figure it out and find their way into the playoffs one way or another.
    New Orleans - They find ways to stay in games and ultimately win them. They're their in the end competing for a playoff wins.
    Pittsburgh - Yes, yes, yes.
    Houston - Yes
    Tennessee - It'll be tough with their division, but why not Tennessee?
    Indianapolis - Yes

At this point, these are my playoff teams:
    AFC - Houston, Pittsburgh, New York, Kansas City, New England, Indianapolis 
    NFC - Green Bay, Dallas, New Orleans, St. Louis?, Philadelphia, Chicago

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Parity:
    i know its early in the season but do any others have a sense that this year is wide open with no really dominant team yet? It seems like the league has more parity right now.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

KP. Agree with you. ZBellino just made a similar comment on another thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I agree, But the Only team that I think actually is better than the rest is the Jets. Their defense puts them above everyone else. If we can beat them when they come into Foxboro that will say a lot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

So according to you, the Chargers won't make the playoffs.  I will bet anything that they do.  Their offense will carry them there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Anyone can win Spetz, San Diego will be right there. Those were my predictions as of today. Right now, yes, I think Kansas City will somehow hold onto the West. My opinion is subject to change.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Parity:
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Ahem ... the Pats?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Parity:
    In Response to Parity : Ahem ... the Pats?
    Posted by themightypatriotz

in trying not to be too biased i was talking about overall the league looks pretty even. yeah the patriots are a team that has a dominant offense that will compensate for the developing young defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Parity : Ahem ... the Pats?
    Posted by themightypatriotz

R u saying the Patriots are a dominant team?

I don't think so. Certainly, not their D the way it is today.  Maybe in another 2 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

KP - you are right on.  As much as any other year in recent memory, both conferences appear ripe for the taking after 4 games. 

KC is undefeated, and we will give them their props.  But does anyone truly believe they will remain the class of the AFC let alone their own division?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I like this "parity" thesis that is getting tossed around everywhere. It could
    be a good dovetail theme for the Patriots season if all they can only scratch
    out nine wins. They do have a schedule that is looking more and more like
    the bridge year from hell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I agree, But the Only team that I think actually is better than the rest is the Jets. Their defense puts them above everyone else. If we can beat them when they come into Foxboro that will say a lot.
    Posted by ewhite1065

ewhite nailed it, the Jets look good in the toughest division in pro football, they've gone from decent to great, the playcalling on offense plays to their strengths and hides the weaknesses in Sanchez, the scary part is they have Revis, Mangold and Calvin Pace coming back from injury this week or next so they're getting stronger.  The Jets power run the ball and play solid D (like the Pat's used to?) they are dominant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Posted by ewhite1065

Thanks for being a realist EWhite.  These other guys think that just because the Pats arent routing everybody that there are no better teams to beat.  I am glad that you arent afraid to say it.  We have a target on our back and we are putting a target on the chest of our opponents.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: Parity : ewhite nailed it, the Jets look good in the toughest division in pro football, they've gone from decent to great, the playcalling on offense plays to their strengths and hides the weaknesses in Sanchez, the scary part is they have Revis, Mangold and Calvin Pace coming back from injury this week or next so they're getting stronger.  The Jets power run the ball and play solid D (like the Pat's used to?) they are dominant.
    Posted by wozzy

Don't know about toughest division in football, but on paper, the Jets appear to be primed for another run.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

I'm not sure the Jets won't stumble. 

I doubt they will miss the playoffs but I would not be surprised to see them go on a 4-4 stretch.  I think that NE, Miami, and NYJ wll each get between 8 and 11 wins.  Clearly the Jets have the inside track and the team that wins tonight will go a long way towards securing a playoff berth.

Sections
Shortcuts