Part Deux, Mr Wilbur....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Part Deux, Mr Wilbur....

Gronk, go to town.

Rob Gronkowski could party in the Globe parking lot at noon and not much as a single photo would turn up after what the Patriots have been through this offseason.

First Aaron Hernandez gets arrested and charged with murder. Now we discover that defensive back Alfonzo Dennard, who already, mind you, was sentenced to 30 days jail in 2014 following a felony assault charge on a police officer in 2012, was arrested Thursday morning under suspicion of driving under the influence in Nebraska.

Kumbaya, Tebow. Kumbaya.

The worst Tim Tebow presumably had to deal with a professional teammate before was wondering how Antonio Cromartie could have sex out of wedlock. So. Many. Times. But this situation is gearing up to be like the NFL version of … well, like the Bengals.

Nobody is trying to compare Dennard’s alleged DUI with the serious nature of Hernandez’s arrest, but the Patriots preaching that they only want character guys playing for their franchise is becoming more laughable by the day. Was Bob Kraft “duped” into drafting Dennard even though he knew about his previous assault? What backpedaling tripe.

I know, Wikipedia, but here’s what it says about Dennard’s draft status in 2012: “He was at one point considered one of the top cornerbacks of the draft, but encountered a series of setbacks which caused his draft projection to fall. “

Wait, wait, don’t tell me, that sounds like someone else the Patriots drafted in recent years. If only he'd sent a disingenuous letter, maybe the team would have taken him in the fourth like Hernandez.

Despite the tired mantra of the “Patriot Way,” the Patriots are no different than any other NFL team on the landscape. In fact, their bloodthirsty need to be considered smarter than everybody else in the room is starting to crumble their status as league model. How many teams knew and passed on Hernandez again? How many knew and passed on Dennard? But no. If the Patriots can get good value out of the fourth and seventh rounds, respectively, and get productive players out of it, Jonathan can snicker at Woody Johnson a little more at the next owners’ meeting.

Trouble spots mean nothing, because once players waltz into Foxborough, they are supposed to be succumbed by the power of the three banners, the most recent of which was hung when the latest draftee was probably 10 years old. Mud is also important at that age. What’s the fact that the Patriots won when he was more concerned with beating “Mario vs. Donkey Kong” going to really mean to him?

The Patriots think they still have that championship aura. They don’t.

As much as Kraft and the Patriots want to distance themselves from Hernandez, and presumably now Dennard, they can’t escape what they knew about their pasts and what it might mean for the franchise. Character guys. Right. And if the Patriots players think they’re going to avoid all this with a canned quote of, “It’s a shame” on the first day of training camp, it may not necessarily be the case.

The affidavit that contains Carlos Ortiz’ comments about the Odin Lloyd murder includes an interesting segment in which Ortiz talks about the separate apartment Hernandez rented in Franklin was also used by “other football players.” Of course, that could mean anything, from Lloyd’s teammates to Hernandez’s former college teammates, but it’s not like this story hasn’t shocked us from the beginning.

The Patriots are reeling on the field, losing Wes Welker to free agency, releasing Hernandez, and facing Gronkowski’s recovery from injury. Ask Tom Brady if Brandon Lloyd looks so bad now.

But it’s the perception of a franchise once regarded as impenetrable that has taken the biggest blow this offseason. Jokes about drafting Rutgers players aside, it’s clear that the Patriots have a serious issue in determining exactly what kind of people they are employing in an attempt to show everybody else how it’s done.

Or maybe they really are just being “duped.” Your call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Part Deux, Mr Wilbur....

In response to rkarp's comment:

Gronk, go to town.

Rob Gronkowski could party in the Globe parking lot at noon and not much as a single photo would turn up after what the Patriots have been through this offseason.

First Aaron Hernandez gets arrested and charged with murder. Now we discover that defensive back Alfonzo Dennard, who already, mind you, was sentenced to 30 days jail in 2014 following a felony assault charge on a police officer in 2012, was arrested Thursday morning under suspicion of driving under the influence in Nebraska.

Kumbaya, Tebow. Kumbaya.

The worst Tim Tebow presumably had to deal with a professional teammate before was wondering how Antonio Cromartie could have sex out of wedlock. So. Many. Times. But this situation is gearing up to be like the NFL version of … well, like the Bengals.

Nobody is trying to compare Dennard’s alleged DUI with the serious nature of Hernandez’s arrest, but the Patriots preaching that they only want character guys playing for their franchise is becoming more laughable by the day. Was Bob Kraft “duped” into drafting Dennard even though he knew about his previous assault? What backpedaling tripe.

I know, Wikipedia, but here’s what it says about Dennard’s draft status in 2012: “He was at one point considered one of the top cornerbacks of the draft, but encountered a series of setbacks which caused his draft projection to fall. “

Wait, wait, don’t tell me, that sounds like someone else the Patriots drafted in recent years. If only he'd sent a disingenuous letter, maybe the team would have taken him in the fourth like Hernandez.

Despite the tired mantra of the “Patriot Way,” the Patriots are no different than any other NFL team on the landscape. In fact, their bloodthirsty need to be considered smarter than everybody else in the room is starting to crumble their status as league model. How many teams knew and passed on Hernandez again? How many knew and passed on Dennard? But no. If the Patriots can get good value out of the fourth and seventh rounds, respectively, and get productive players out of it, Jonathan can snicker at Woody Johnson a little more at the next owners’ meeting.

Trouble spots mean nothing, because once players waltz into Foxborough, they are supposed to be succumbed by the power of the three banners, the most recent of which was hung when the latest draftee was probably 10 years old. Mud is also important at that age. What’s the fact that the Patriots won when he was more concerned with beating “Mario vs. Donkey Kong” going to really mean to him?

The Patriots think they still have that championship aura. They don’t.

As much as Kraft and the Patriots want to distance themselves from Hernandez, and presumably now Dennard, they can’t escape what they knew about their pasts and what it might mean for the franchise. Character guys. Right. And if the Patriots players think they’re going to avoid all this with a canned quote of, “It’s a shame” on the first day of training camp, it may not necessarily be the case.

The affidavit that contains Carlos Ortiz’ comments about the Odin Lloyd murder includes an interesting segment in which Ortiz talks about the separate apartment Hernandez rented in Franklin was also used by “other football players.” Of course, that could mean anything, from Lloyd’s teammates to Hernandez’s former college teammates, but it’s not like this story hasn’t shocked us from the beginning.

The Patriots are reeling on the field, losing Wes Welker to free agency, releasing Hernandez, and facing Gronkowski’s recovery from injury. Ask Tom Brady if Brandon Lloyd looks so bad now.

But it’s the perception of a franchise once regarded as impenetrable that has taken the biggest blow this offseason. Jokes about drafting Rutgers players aside, it’s clear that the Patriots have a serious issue in determining exactly what kind of people they are employing in an attempt to show everybody else how it’s done.

Or maybe they really are just being “duped.” Your call.

Your obsessive hatred of the Patriots cannot be healthy for you.  You should try getting a life. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

So Rkarp,

Are you just loving this or what? From all your negative postings about this team, and the "They owe me" something attitude....you must be in heaven.

Is Wilbur your hero? Sure sounds like he is by the way you post here.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Rkarp has shown his true colors recently.  

He is no Pats fan.

No, I don't drink the coolaide but he seems to revel in all the negative press about the team he supposedly supports. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

You lost me at hello

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Rkarp, your vendetta against Kraft and BB during the Hern saga and now Dennard can be seen as a form of trolling.  I don't understand why you insist on posting these negative articles constantly.  It's something a troll would do.  Countless others have expressed their disdain for it as well.  

Why don't you cut it out and stick to actual football talk?  Enough of the autocratic BS demanding that an owner of a football team needs to do more to satisfy your wants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Is Wilbur your hero? Sure sounds like he is by the way you post here.....

It appears so

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm afraid you go beyond simple criticism here, rkarp.  This borders on spewing and perhaps beyond.  Do the Pats deserve some lumps for the AH and AD picks?  Perhaps, prehaps not.  I'm not suggesting that the organization gets a pass but I'm not so sure they have 'a serious issue in determining what kind of people they are employing'.  I would also question your assertion that they are 'trying to show everybody else how it's done.'  I think the Pats are trying to put a winning football team on the field.  Like everyone else, they have hits and misses.  These two individuals were both calculated gambles (4th and 7th rounders) and were known to be going in.  No one can seriously suggest that the Pats should have known that AH would murder someone in cold blood.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Rkarp, your vendetta against Kraft and BB during the Hern saga and now Dennard can be seen as a form of trolling.  I don't understand why you insist on posting these negative articles constantly.  It's something a troll would do.  Countless others have expressed their disdain for it as well.  

Why don't you cut it out and stick to actual football talk?  Enough of the autocratic BS demanding that an owner of a football team needs to do more to satisfy your wants.

This isn't my vendetta. I am just posting some stories from major news sources, outlets and blogs. I did not write this article, Eric Wilbur did. I posted it for discussion I did not comment on the article one way or another. 

Every, repeat, EVERY posting I have made regarding the Pats has been positive, with the exception of some of the free agency signings ( I fear a repeat of last years signings), and the handling of the Hern situation. 

Its football offseason, if there is such a thing. I have only seen one OTA a few weeks back, and I won't be at camp for 2 more weeks. THE major football story of the year 2013 (at least so far) has been the Hern story, and what is the NFL going to do....there is no football to discuss. With no football currently, the criminal element in the NFL is what interests me....either put me on ignore, skip over my posts, or agree or disagree with me. But don't expect me to stop because I might hurt your feelings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

This isn't my vendetta. I am just posting some stories from major news sources, outlets and blogs. I did not write this article, Eric Wilbur did. I posted it for discussion I did not comment on the article one way or another. 

Every, repeat, EVERY posting I have made regarding the Pats has been positive, with the exception of some of the free agency signings ( I fear a repeat of last years signings), and the handling of the Hern situation. 

Its football offseason, if there is such a thing. I have only seen one OTA a few weeks back, and I won't be at camp for 2 more weeks. THE major football story of the year 2013 (at least so far) has been the Hern story, and what is the NFL going to do....there is no football to discuss. With no football currently, the criminal element in the NFL is what interests me....either put me on ignore, skip over my posts, or agree or disagree with me. But don't expect me to stop because I might hurt your feelings.

[/QUOTE]

It seems as though I'm not the only one who shares these thoughts, rkarp....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, there are 4-5 of you here at BDC that simply don't comprehend the situation. That's fine. You are entitled your opinion and post what you wish, same as me. When I care what you think, I will let you know. So far, I have not cared what you think as it is beyond your ability to comprehend. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Yes, there are 4-5 of you here at BDC that simply don't comprehend the situation. That's fine. You are entitled your opinion and post what you wish, same as me. When I care what you think, I will let you know. So far, I have not cared what you think as it is beyond your ability to comprehend. 

Contradict yourself much?  You don't care what I think yet you keep responding to my posts despite the fact that 5+ others have expressed the same thoughts in your troll thread(s)?  lol atta boy rkarp.  Keep up the good work.  

I can only dream of one day becoming as intelligent as you and to be able to comprehend such difficult concepts.  lol you might be the most arrogant poster on this board.  congrats.

BTW, there are a lot more than 4-5 posters who have called you out for the same antics.  nice try, though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Contradict yourself much?  You don't care what I think yet you keep responding to my posts despite the fact that 5+ others have expressed the same thoughts in your troll thread(s)?  lol atta boy rkarp.  Keep up the good work.  

I can only dream of one day becoming as intelligent as you and to be able to comprehend such difficult concepts.  lol you might be the most arrogant poster on this board.  congrats.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You make bold allegations but don't follow up. It would have to force any semi-intelligent person to believe you are trolling. I am going to ask you this again: What do you think Kraft knew and is lying about?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

You lost me at hello

He lost me on the AH case when he stated opinion as fact.  He claims that the Pats "knew" all sorts of unsavory information about AH.  Let's assume for a moment that this is true.  You think a sports network like ESPN might be interested in hearing rkarp present the "facts" that he has uncovered?

This in no way excuses AH for the low-life that he was and is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not entirely sure that it's appropriate for you to paint those who disagree with you with the broad brush of not comprehending the situation.  With few exceptions I think most in this forum understand that the Pats took a chance on two talented but troubled individuals.  They didn't expend particularly high draft picks on either in doing so.  One committed an act that I seriously doubt that anyone could have foreseen.  The other has apparently exercised a second instance of extremely poor judgment.  Beyond that, what is there to see?  A pattern?  Hardly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You make bold allegations but don't follow up. It would have to force any semi-intelligent person to believe you are trolling. I am going to ask you this again: What do you think Kraft knew and is lying about?

[/QUOTE]

How many times do I have to post Meyer knew everything about Hern, including the shootings. The question is did he tell BB? I believe he did. I also believe Tom Current when he says that numerous Pats vets went to BB and Kraft before the big contract expressing serious concerns about Hern.

The police were aware of Hern's 2nd condo for quite some time, neighbors had called police with complaints. The Pats employ 2 ex state police offics, and 1 ex FBI agent currently. They are employed for their contacts as much as anything. As of last Friday, none of the 3 had been fired, meaning they did their jobs properly. They had the correct info, and reported that info to their bosses. Their bosses did with that info what they did. 

Does any of that sound "duped"?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, there are 4-5 of you here at BDC that simply don't comprehend the situation. That's fine. You are entitled your opinion and post what you wish, same as me. When I care what you think, I will let you know. So far, I have not cared what you think as it is beyond your ability to compreh

[/QUOTE]

How many times do I have to post Meyer knew everything about Hern, including the shootings. The question is did he tell BB? I believe he did. I also believe Tom Current when he says that numerous Pats vets went to BB and Kraft before the big contract expressing serious concerns about Hern.

The police were aware of Hern's 2nd condo for quite some time, neighbors had called police with complaints. The Pats employ 2 ex state police offics, and 1 ex FBI agent currently. They are employed for their contacts as much as anything. As of last Friday, none of the 3 had been fired, meaning they did their jobs properly. They had the correct info, and reported that info to their bosses. Their bosses did with that info what they did. 

[/QUOTE]

Totally agian with you on this post.I think alot of people on here just dont want to belive it IMO,someone knew something and didnt say anything or just turn thier heads.This isnt just this era of players ethier its been going on for years across the league but the only difference is that in the 80s it was easier to cover up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You believe Meyers told the Pats Hernandez was going to murder someone? This is so far fetched it is comical.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also what did the security team do wrong? Lloyd was a friend of Hernandez and just because he had multiple residents they should have been wary? Next you are going to tell me Tom Brady was secretly involved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

You believe Meyers told the Pats Hernandez was going to murder someone? This is so far fetched it is comical.

No, I did not say that. I said Meyer knew that Hern shot 2 people his fresh year, but the injured changed their stories After about 10 days. UFLa told the police after the changed stories that they would handle the discipline of Hern ( and Nelson who was also accused)

I firmly believe Meyer told the Pats about this incident, the fights, the gang related friends and the multiple failed drug tests. 

Do you read? Can't you find this info for yourself and accept facts? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

[QUOTE]

You lost me at hello

He lost me on the AH case when he stated opinion as fact.  He claims that the Pats "knew" all sorts of unsavory information about AH.  Let's assume for a moment that this is true.  You think a sports network like ESPN might be interested in hearing rkarp present the "facts" that he has uncovered?

This in no way excuses AH for the low-life that he was and is.

[/QUOTE]

I another thread he said that Urban Meyer must have told BB about Herandez having a lot of problems at Florida but BB drafted him anyway.  I pointed out that Meyer spoke out,just this weekend, and said that the the number of failed drug tests at UF were exaggerated.  Meyer said that Hernandez had a failed drug test for pot and an argument in a restaurant.  Meyer called Hernandez's problems at UF "relatively minor". He said he was a good football player for 3 years.  I'm sure he told the Pats the same thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Maybe it's just me, but you can say that you post positive things about the Patriots, but you seem to spend more time discussing the elements of the team that you find to be negative.  Hence the response in this thread from some other posters.  Just my 2 cents.

On the topic of the article I think it is crap (and not because I disagree with what was written because I do).  The main issue is that  there is nothing new here.  A complete puff piece devoid of any new information or thought.  If this is what passes for sports journalism these days it is pretty sad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think people around here are not seeing the big picture of how this franchise is now being viewed outside this forum and honestly I don't care. In September the games are going to start and we will field a team - the other team is not going to care about our problems and the media will NOT give anyone a pass (as far as loses go) because of what heppened this summer.

The only thing I really agree about regarding the article is where the writer says we always try to be the smartest one in the room...weather that be trades, draft, contracts, schemes, or the salary cap. And I think a little too much emphasis has gone into getting the best of the deal, the contract, the trade...and I think it hurt us. I don't blame the Patriots for this mess, but I better not ever hear little Jonathan Kraft come out and say how we do things differently around here...how we are run better. We won because we had the best player at the most important position (by far) in football and we had the best coach in the league (by far). We didn't win because of the "Patriot Way" or Jonathan and Bob's business model - if we didn't have Brady and Belichick our value approach to everything would of been gone years ago.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but you can say that you post positive things about the Patriots, but you seem to spend more time discussing the elements of the team that you find to be negative.  Hence the response in this thread from some other posters.  Just my 2 cents.

[/QUOTE]

Not many positives to post about the past 2 months though, right?

I was at OTA's and posted how good Sudfeld looked. Ditto Mallett. I also posted that I was wrong about Washington, and he looked really fast. I also posted Vareen looks like he put on 15 lbs of muscle. 

But the WR corps aside from Amendola is troublesome. We saw a bunch of JV players out there. 

Boyce falling behind. Dobson not looking so great. Gronk. Hern. Dennerd. If you want to discuss what's up with the Pats, these are the stories, right? 

Or you can go argue with Rusty that TB blew 2 SB's

Sections
Shortcuts