Pass/Fail Grades Until Now

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now

I have been watching this Burger dude from afar for several months. Its odd...there are times/posts that he brings some very interesting info/facts/opinions to the screen. Then...well...its as if he has a singular mission in every other post. I cant grasp why its so imperative for someone to "get across" his/her view regarding anything, let alone an aspect of a football game, to the degree of which he does. 10,000 posts in 7 months? 50+ per day for 7 months straight? Almost all of them standing from a soap box desperately trying to convince those who disagree that the defense is one thing and the offense is another? My God brother let is go. Just inhale, count to 10 and let all of us "fools" continue to be "wrong". Spend some time with your family or career.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now : So, in your opinion, our offense can do literally nothing, and score no points for a half like they did repeateldy in 2009 (4 times), and then act like it doesn't matter, but only if Brady and the offense explode in the other half, not caring of our D is tired or maybe battling injuries? What is your reaction during the game when you seee Brady throw INTs staring down Welker or Gronk, tossing 3 dropped INTs in the first half last week or hearing boos rain down on the offense last night during the 2n qtr witrh yet again another anemic half? Do you cheer this as a Pats fan?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

My god do you realize how you sound/come off? Oh our offense goes an entire half looking poor, our poor hurt defense may get tired...

This team is 3 and 7 without THIS offense, if that.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]                                  Offense Rank                   Defense Rank Points                              4th                                  10th Passing Yds                      2nd                                  32nd Passing comp %                3rd                                   27th Passing YPA                      3rd                                   25th QB Rating                         2nd                                  27th Rush YPG                         16th                                 13th Rush YPA                         16th                                 18th 3rd down efficiency            7th                                   28th Anyone with half a brain (that excludes King) can look at these facts and reach an obvious conclusion.  The unit that carried the Pats to a 7-3 record is NOT the defense.  Brady and the offense have created an expectation among some that anything less than 40 points with no punts or turnovers is failure.  Conversely, anything less than 30 points allowed is stellar defense.      
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Now I'm not a huge fan of stats, but there is something to be said when they're this lopsided...

Offense winner!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

RidingWithTheKing... you are an obsessed fan. Just enjoy the Tom Brady/BB era and enjoy football. It is just a game. They don't pay your bills...... remember the famous movie quote..... You love the Red Sox, but have they ever loved you back?

Seriously. Calm down and enjoy. We could be back in the Macpheson/Rust/Berry Era.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Pass/Fail Grades Until Now:
    [QUOTE]I did this about a month ago and no one really chimed in, so let's try it again. Since there is still some apparent insistence to deflect from entire halves not being played by our offense, let's do a little test. Please no irrationals or trolls. Irrationals, if you choose to come into this thread, be honest and no spamming. Give a Pass or Fail mark for the offense and defense with the understanding the game is 4 qtrs, not 2 .  If BB preaches 60 minutes, we should hope we see it every week.  This has nothing tod with effort, but actual reality with how the game unfolds and what you saw with yout eyes. No explanation needed for your choices, but a summary is welcomed for the reasoning at the end. Then, tally each side at the end and mark the totals. I'll start:                 O        D Miami         P        P SD             P        P Buffalo       F        F Oakland      P       P NYJ           P        P Dallas        F        P Pitt           F        F NYG          F        F NYJ           F        P KC            F         P Totals:  Offense = 4 Passes, 6 Fails            Defense = 7 passes, 3 Fails When thinking back to each game on each side played, the Defense has played better than the offense almost twice as much. In each fail case, however, for the D, they actually outplayed the offense in those failed games.  The root cause of the D's failure games stem from an offensive collapse or outright anemic offense like in Giants game.  Luckily, we won the Dallas game. Funny how these 3 failed games, actually are games where the game would have been won with better offensive play.

Offense, W.  Defense, W.  

I don't give a rats behind about the othe guys.  We will see about them when we beat them.  
    This is just you looking for another way to grind your ax about the offense.  Thinly disguised, and without merit.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Berry got them to the Super Bowl.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wasn't THAT fun.  Epic beatdowns of a clueless team are just exciting.  I really enjoyed that.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now : Marc Wilson?  How about Tommy Hodson?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_starting_quarterbacks

How about Hugh 'thrillin' Millen - or Scott Zolak?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now : Yeah, wasn't THAT fun.  Epic beatdowns of a clueless team are just exciting.  I really enjoyed that.    
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I REALLY enjoyed getting my wisdom teeth pulled back in the day too!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]I have been watching this Burger dude from afar for several months. Its odd...there are times/posts that he brings some very interesting info/facts/opinions to the screen. Then...well...its as if he has a singular mission in every other post. I cant grasp why its so imperative for someone to "get across" his/her view regarding anything, let alone an aspect of a football game, to the degree of which he does. 10,000 posts in 7 months? 50+ per day for 7 months straight? Almost all of them standing from a soap box desperately trying to convince those who disagree that the defense is one thing and the offense is another? My God brother let is go. Just inhale, count to 10 and let all of us "fools" continue to be "wrong". Spend some time with your family or career.
    Posted by Gravelten4[/QUOTE]

There are pharmaceuticals for that condition. And I am seriously guessing that there is neither.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Do you EVER cheer, Rusty? I bet you loved the 1981 Pats.

NAW - he prefers the 1990 edition coached by his namesake Rod Rust(y)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Like the thread.  Here's my two cents.

Miami – offense pass – defense pass.

Henne was spot on this game.  The pocket was collapsing around him all the time and he delivered on target and to the right target.  Henne was just very hot this game.

San Diego – offense pass – defense F.

Seems like Jackson was always open.  Holding calls on Boddin.

Buffalo – offense and defense F.

How can one forgive Brady for tossing this game away?  How can you forgive the defense for allowing 96, 95, 70 yard drives?  Who was worse?  The offense IMHO. 

Oakland – offense pass – defense pass.

When you’re behind the ball is going up in the air a lot.  The defense gets two picks out of it.

NYJets – offense pass – defense pass.

Great game.

Dallas – offense F – defense pass

Four turnovers this game.  Got lucky to win this one.  If Dallas had been more aggressive this could have come out different.   Bryant looked like he was going to have a great game and then he disappeared. 

Pittsburgh – offense pass – defense F

Time of possession sez it all.

NYGiants – offense F – defense pass

Four turnovers again for the offense. 

NYJets – offense pass – defense pass

Both sides have little dings that could have added up.

Kansas City – offense pass – defense pass

This game bugged me.  I watched it and it never felt like it was whatever to 3.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now : So, in your opinion, our offense can do literally nothing, and score no points for a half like they did repeateldy in 2009 (4 times), and then act like it doesn't matter, but only if Brady and the offense explode in the other half, not caring of our D is tired or maybe battling injuries? What is your reaction during the game when you seee Brady throw INTs staring down Welker or Gronk, tossing 3 dropped INTs in the first half last week or hearing boos rain down on the offense last night during the 2n qtr witrh yet again another anemic half? Do you cheer this as a Pats fan?

If they win and still put up 30+ a game, yes. When the offense is having a hard time i try and look at what they are doing, is brady forcing throws? is the opposing defense playing a good gameplan? 

Rusty you are expecting perfection, and you will never get it. seriously man you need to calm down, you are acting like jimmy fallons character in fever pitch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

O        D

Miami         P        F
    SD             P        F
    Buffalo       P        F
    Oakland      P       P
    NYJ           P        F
    Dallas        P        P
    Pitt           P        F
    NYG          P        F
    NYJ           P        P
    KC            P         P