Pass/Fail Grades Until Now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now

Of the 10 games the Pats have played to date, in all but one game, Pittsburgh, did the Pats have the lead late in the 4th quarter or a lead/tie in which the DEFENSE could have preserved the win, if necessary, or give the Pats a chance to win the game in a final game possession.  After tying the score, the D allowed Buffalo to score their winning FG with no time on the clock.  After taking the lead, the defense allowed the Giants to score leaving the Pats only about 35 seconds and no time outs to regain the lead.  Better defensive play late in these two games could have resulted in a potential record of 9 - 1 at this juncture of the season.  I do not recall the offense being in the red zone late in a game and failing to score to win a game.  I do recall the defense failing to keep the other team from scoring to win late. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

LOL the team puts up 34 points and its a Fail vs. the Chiefs??   It wasn't an A but a Fail?? Same thing vs. the Jets.  30 points and a Fail??  Both wins.  COME ON MAN!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now:
    [QUOTE]LOL the team puts up 34 points and its a Fail vs. the Chiefs??   It wasn't an A but a Fail?? Same thing vs. the Jets.  30 points and a Fail??  Both wins.  COME ON MAN!!!
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

He is just way too polarized in his views. Even when they do the gameplan he been yelling about he says it is a fail.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now : Disagree. Brady put up 31 on Buffalo in a hostile environment, while the D gave up 34.  Ochostinko ran a wrong route and a pass clunked off of Handhead's hands in the red zone. Offense P defense FF. Gints Brady put them ahead when it mattered, d couldn't hold lead for a minute and a half.  They allowed a 30 yard catch by a guy that can't catch on 3rd and 10. Offense P defense FFF.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Buffalo - One touchdown was on a pick 6.  A field goal was because a of a turnover.  You cannot give an offense a passing grade that turns the ball over 4 times.  Turnoers kill.

NYGiants - So you give the offense a pass on being shutout in the first half?  The defense gets no credit for it's first half shutout?  When grading you cannot say one drive gives a passing grade as one drive on the defense does not make a fail.

Thanks for the response.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]Like the thread.  Here's my two cents. Miami – offense pass – defense pass. Henne was spot on this game.   The pocket was collapsing around him all the time and he delivered on target and to the right target.   Henne was just very hot this game.   San Diego – offense pass – defense F. Seems like Jackson was always open.   Holding calls on Boddin.   Buffalo – offense and defense F. How can one forgive Brady for tossing this game away?   How can you forgive the defense for allowing 96, 95, 70 yard drives?   Who was worse?   The offense IMHO.     Oakland – offense pass – defense pass. When you’re behind the ball is going up in the air a lot.   The defense gets two picks out of it.   NYJets – offense pass – defense pass. Great game.   Dallas – offense F – defense pass Four turnovers this game.   Got lucky to win this one.   If Dallas had been more aggressive this could have come out different.    Bryant looked like he was going to have a great game and then he disappeared.     Pittsburgh – offense pass – defense F Time of possession sez it all.   NYGiants – offense F – defense pass   Four turnovers again for the offense.     NYJets – offense pass – defense pass Both sides have little dings that could have added up.   Kansas City – offense pass – defense pass This game bugged me.   I watched it and it never felt like it was whatever to 3.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

agree on everything
    but I might not give the D a pass against giants
        2 4th wtr drives too much even tho
          i think we got screwed on INT calls

Pass for both so far this season
    they are in top 10 in pts for and against/
    But they both have to get better to win SB

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

[QUOTE]Berry got them to the Super Bowl.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

You are probably one of the more ignorant posters on this board. Steve Grogan got them to the suprerbowl if not for Eason's lack of trying not to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now : You don't even know what the word means, apparently. We picked KC 3 times and had a 4th and 1 stand. Look at the majority of the ways our offense sets up and gets good field position! Our D! There is nothing "polarizing' about reality and facts. Abso;lutely nothing. I am assuming you watch these games from front to back. Even the week before in NY, the D set up our second half's first 10 points.  Nink and a STs fumble recovery. What's scary is, some of you see Brady and atumatotically think he's played great regardless of actually what transpires on the field. If it wasn't poor decisions in Buffalo, now we hear rumors of a bad elbow.  Regardless, he hasn't played as well as he can. This is about 60 minute play, not play in spots. The D has CLEARLY played better in the last month over 60 minutes. But, it's "32nd ranked" which ESPN reminds us of, right? Where's GB ranked?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Do you know what polarized means? I'm not talking about the sunglasses part of the definition. You are creating a divide here on the board and your attitude is its a 100% this way or your wrong.

All I'm saying is you are so set in your views you don't give any credit to opposing views. This is turning into a political type debate between ultra-liberal vs. ultra-conservative. 

There are other people on the other side of the issue against you that are just as polarized, I know big scary word, but they aren't replying to everyone who has an opposing view trying to attack everything they say that don't agree with.

You don't debate you just try to steam-roll any opposing view. This whole argument is mute. Both side of the ball contribute.   Your reality and facts is how "you" see them. I don't think you have ever played football.  Against good teams offense, defense and special teams have to play well to win. Sometimes a team has your number and game plans well.

Just the fact the Pats made adjustments and became dominant in the last game should be considered.  In football you have to find ways to wins and when you do the team wins.  This whole the idea that the offense has to play well all four quarters to get a passing grade is from your view. 

You should be touting this game as a win for you other argument about the run game and playing under center.  The pats did this and stayed the course till it was effective.  I think you just like to spark these trival threads and agrue. Honestly do you think you take others ideas into account?  

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

its been a while since the offense played well throughout, maybe oakland or the first jets game. the defense has been playing well of late and improving, other than the steeler game.. 

they have helped out the offense with turnovers and holding teams to mostly fgs or less after some of bradys interceptions and fumbles.

the offense is going to have to adjust again, as tough of it is as a matchup teams are going to slow the tight ends a little. not to the extent of what they have been doing with welker but they will make it tougher.  vereen looked good in his short time out there, if they can continue to run the ball its going to help the passing game.

just my opinion.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

37 points in NY, the offense put 27 in KC. What are you calling a fail? If they go a quarter without scoring? Because that happens to almost every team every week in every game.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]How many of those TDs were set up by the D or STs? The point of this exercise is to talk about why our offense can't mount and sustain a drive. And you're sort of helping me show why the D has outplayed the offense over the past month+.

Where's the line that the offense gets credit? Does it need to be an 80 yard drive 70, 60.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE] How many SBs do we win (only winning by 3 points in each) if Brady has 3 INTs or horrendous drives with the offense for sustained periods?

Are you serious? 2001, 2003 2001 went something like this Punt Punt Punt Punt TD a minute before th half Punt Punt FG Punt Punt Punt FG 2003 was pretty much the same until the 4th quarter

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now : Are you serious? 2001, 2003 2001 went something like this Punt Punt Punt Punt TD a minute before th half Punt Punt FG Punt Punt Punt FG 2003 was pretty much the same until the 4th quarter
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

In 03 they won despite a failing grade on the Rusty offensive scale. They didn't score in 2 quarters which is 100 percent unacceptable. Then in 01 the offensive explosion of 2 FG the 2nd half was incredible and no points in the 1st quarter. He's clueless.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass/Fail Grades Until Now : And we're seriously comparing the contexts of Brady in 2001 as a first year starter to reigning MVP Brady in an offensive Goodell era? Really? Are YOU serious? I am smarter than that, Shenanigan. Either state why Fred Coleman and Jermain Wiggins are bettere than Ochocinco and Gronkowski, or maybe take that back.  As efficient as our 2004 offense was, this one is MORE TALENTED. Clearly, we're better on offense in 2011 than in 2001 or 2003, but we sure don't play like it.

So it's your opinion that they are failing to live up to their own high standards they've set? Not failing compared to an average NFL team with average offensive talent? Other than the jets game I would agree with those grades if you are saying that they have underperformed with respect to how great they can be. But even when underperforming they are as good or better than many teams (outside of the high turnover games like Buffalo). They can do better. I would say the defense has over performed the last few games also- hopefully that becomes the norm, and then the expectation.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.