Pass on running backs in this years draft! and heres why......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Pass on running backs in this years draft! and heres why......

TheCommittee/ush,
    I don't think it's smart business to hold off on adding a RB this year in the hopes that they're in position to draft Ingram next year.  I like Ingram and his abilities as much as anyone, but who's to say he doesn't regress or get injured or get picked before NE has a chance to take him?  There are too many uncertainties with this kind of draft philosophy.

Dwyer and Mathews don't have the Heisman, but what about them makes you think they won't be anymore than 'solid'?

As for comparing Ingram to MJD, MJD was taken 60th in the draft...........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

mb I agree with you 100%, we can't wait a year in the hopes to land Ingram.  I think everyone is putting too much into the pick we got from the Raiders. Yes, it could very well be a top 10 or top 15 but this is the NFL and things can happen.

The Chargers have a lot of questions and FAs that could be gone.  That team could take a step back, the Broncos lost their DC and that D was part of their success this year.  KC just stocked their coaching staff and with some FAs and a good draft (I tend to believe they will do both well) they will step up.  So my point is Okland can surprice some people and gain some ground on the rest of the teams in that division.

They have a good D, once Rusell was benched their offense moved the ball.  That pick might be late teens at best, do you think Ingram will be available that late?  I don't, why not bring a Dwyer or Matthews in.  We have the picks now, we have the need now so lets get one of those guys. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I broke this down earlier but this RB class is perhaps the best ever (I understand were just talking potential here but that is all you can do). I don't usually get that excited over any potential position but the RB group looks to be solid with maybe as many as 8 quality RB's. Obviously injury, and unforseen factors will make a couple or a few not pan out. Having said that I think with a top notch personel department like the Patriots have they have a good chance of taking a big threat RB. Gerhart and Devine are good choices but my absolute favorite is Spillman who is the closest thing to a Chris Johnson clone I have seen in this draft. Best is a good back also... like I said there are several to choose from I don't think the Patriots can pass up the opportunity to improve this RB position. 2011 Oakland pick is  going to be used for the best available tallent regardless of position in my opinion because that is what the Patriots do. If they don't want someone that the pick lines up with they will trade down to a position they want... but my feeling is they go after a WR or DE/OLB even if they get a DE/OLB early in this draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Blade, You must mean CJ Spiller right?. I would like to be able to get him most out of all RB's in this draft too. The thing is, he will most likely be gone when we pick at 22. He is a top 10-15 talent. Unbelievable speed and has really good hands to catch the deep balls. My second choice at RB would be Jonathan Dwyer of Georgia Tech. He could be there when we pick and is an absolute monster. Good size and has decent speed to break away. Check these guys out on youtube. You will find some good clips on them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I can talk about Dwyer, have seen this kid run now since he was in high school, Kell High which is a few minutes from my house.  I watched this kid run over people in high school and in college.  he was very well liked and known for been a good humble kid.
    I would love this kid to be a Patriot, there is a lot of exciment here about him and we are all going to be watching to see where he ends up.

I think he will be a kid that will give 100% to the team that picks him from day 1.  He wants the ball! and unlike some scouting reports say he can't catch or not proven to catch but I've seen him do that.  It was in high school but he's made some nice catches so there's upside to build on.