Pass Rush and Receivers MIA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Pass Rush and Receivers MIA

Unfortuneately, our recievers are much worse than we thought they would be.  Sudfield?  Dobson? Boyce?  NO receptions.  Thompson made big mistakes.   When Edleman is your top deep reciever, we're in trouble.  At least Danny had a great game.  Won't be enough against better teams.

But, this is going to be a very long and disappointing season if the Pats can't develop a decent pass rush.  The rookie had ALL DAY to pick the secondary apart.  Pathetic rass rush will kill us against a decent QB.  Chandler Jones needs to step up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Pass Rush and Receivers MIA

How did Cap Space do?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Dobson was inactive

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Dobson was not activated for this game (hamstring)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't think anyone thought this wasn't a work in progress. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Fret not. Up next: Jets!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Yes it was poor effort all the way around but at the end of the day it's a win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

dobson?  when has a drafted wr worked out.  i expect dobson to be taylor price to be brandon tate. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I know a few around here said no worries with these young rookie WR's, maybe now they will put down the kool aid, pull their heads out of the sand and take of their rose colored glasses.  This isn't college players they are playing against, these are legit pro's.  Just like I have been saying.

How many times did Brady have to tell them where to line up?  Heck, he had to tell Amendola a few times too.  DId you see Brady jawing at him a bit on the sidelines?  Thompkins had a horrible game.  Not trying to get his second foot down.  Not working the end zone.  And while Edelman had a pretty good game, thank goodness he was able to score, he can't catch the ball.  He can not make adjustments like longtime receivers can. 

And I wont get into the defense now but they can do better.  Some bad things out there today on defense.

Lot's of work to be done, guys!

Been saying these things for a long time now, maybe those who wouldn't listen will start.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It's been a work in progress for the past 7 years. When is it not going to be a work in progress ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I know a few around here said no worries with these young rookie WR's, maybe now they will put down the kool aid, pull their heads out of the sand and take of their rose colored glasses.  This isn't college players they are playing against, these are legit pro's.  Just like I have been saying.

And that's why the genius GM shoud have signed Randy at the start of camp. D U M B.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

It's been a work in progress for the past 7 years. When is it not going to be a work in progress ?

Right after BB retires as GM.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

IF the offense won't be able to bail out the defense, like the past 4 years...due to the weak receiver talent, this could be a 9-7 or 10-6 season.

I thought the defense overall was decent, except for the lack of any pass rush.  if Chandler Jones can't get the job done, looks like we'll be drafting DE and Safeties AGAIN in the next draft.  

Looked to me like Gregory played the whole game (pretty poorly) and blew coverage on one Bills TD, but despite that, did Harmon or our next bust, T Wilson, even play a snap??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

As I mentioned on another post...why no Buchanon?

Other than falling on the fumble did Kelly do anything today?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

And that's why the genius GM shoud have signed Randy at the start of camp. D U M B.

Oh yeah...TT to Randy Moss...geeeze, ghost to ghost...great...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to GusMooney's comment:

This is ridiculous. Everything was fine until the Ridley  fumble, the reckless Brady INT before half with a minute to go up 17-7 (why does he do this?) and the Brady fumbled snap from the 1/2 yard line.

The D was outstanding with the 2 turnovers and not allowing Spiller or Johnson to break any big plays.

It should have been a game where NE easily pulled away if not for the offensive turnovers, especially the two after Ridley's fumble where he appeared to be tackled on the ground when fumbling.

Edelman and Amendola were outstanding to bail it out in the 4th.

MVPs:

Arrington, Edelman, Amendola and Vereen

outstanding defense???

Either your definition of outstanding is different from mine or you are simply being superfluously exaggeratory.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

outstanding defense???

Either your definition of outstanding is different from mine or you are simply being superfluously exaggeratory.

That's Rusty's new account.  Don't expect anything reasonable or logical from it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

This is ridiculous. Everything was fine until the Ridley  fumble, the reckless Brady INT before half with a minute to go up 17-7 (why does he do this?) and the Brady fumbled snap from the 1/2 yard line.

The D was outstanding with the 2 turnovers and not allowing Spiller or Johnson to break any big plays.

It should have been a game where NE easily pulled away if not for the offensive turnovers, especially the two after Ridley's fumble where he appeared to be tackled on the ground when fumbling.

MVPs:

Propaganda. the interception wasn't bradys fault...I thought you learned this lesson Gussy on the other post? Remember the one where everyone blasts you on this?

overall the defense played well, less the miscommunication between Talib and Gregory on that bills touchdown. Otherwise, I will take 14 points anyway. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Judging by the posts all over this board, the Pats should have been in post season form.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

rkarp, the voice of reason.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

outstanding defense???

That's Rusty's new account.  Don't expect anything reasonable or logical from it.

Ahh. I see the light now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A win is a win, but the origanal poster has some valid points. I think it's realistic to think the receivers are going to need some time...there will be some rough spots that will cost us games, but the pass rush?? Inexcusible. Enough. There was no pressure in this game - the only guy that looks capable of putting heat on a QB is Jones - where the hell was the guy that rusty put on a pedelstal all summer, Nink? This guy should be coming off the bench, until that happens we will not be good enough. Put Buchanon in - I've seen enough - we need a guy that can provide some sort of pressure on the opposite side...not just get a sack because the QB was chased into his direction by Jones. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Judging by the posts all over this board, the Pats should have been in post season form.  

I'll tell you this:  If they don't win the Superbowl next week, I'm not going to be a fan any longer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

MVPs:

why don't you explain again how the sudfield int was Brady's fault again... we need a laugh

Sections
Shortcuts