Pass Rush and Receivers MIA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Pass Rush and Receivers MIA

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think anyone thought this wasn't a work in progress. 

It's been a work in progress for the past 7 years. When is it not going to be a work in progress ?

[/QUOTE]

It will always be a work in progress. Haven't you ever listened to a BB or TB press conference? It is a work in progress till the Superbowl is over, then it starts all over again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I don't think anyone thought this wasn't a work in progress. 

This is the issue. Why do you give Tom Brady in his twighlight years a work in progress? What did San Fran give Kapernick who lost in the SB last year. Bolden.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

You are so right Babe. Was in the Northeast this summer and attended a coaches convention. Not that I'm a head coach, but do like to mingle with some of the greatest hs coaches in your area. A conversation was started about BB's GM position. At least 90% or more think he should step down and just remain a head coach. They think he's horrible. That's coming from Mass HC as well. All these coaches can't be wrong. If dumbkoff sees this, he may perpetuate an embolism. Oh well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The Spiller fumble was a self forced error on the 13 yard line or abouts. No one even touched him on that Buck sweep. That was an easy 7 points. Every win is a good one no matter how ugly the game play appeared.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Nink does not have the size & power needed to pressure the QB.  He is easily neutralized by one offensive lineman.   He is kept so far away from the QB, he can sometimes fall on fumbles and generally act like a LB.   Do the job of a DE - he can't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

This IS a work in progress. For a first game in a hostile environment, lousy field conditions against a fired up opponent, I thought it was fine. I'm pleased with the win. Anybody who went into this game thinking they'd win 45-13 or some such thing, has just not been paying attention the past few years. It's always a dogfight at the Ralph, why would this year be any different?

Those of us who have some appreciation of history and perspective did not think they would start this season with guns a blazing. I figured they'd be .500 for the first 6 games. Then Gronk will be back and the youngsters will have some time under their belts and will start to figure it out. 

Some of the stuff I read on this board is just plain odd. Like you're watching a different game.

I really don't care what Amendola did (or didn't do) in St. Louis. In this game (which is the only one he's played for the New England Patriots and therefore the only one I care about), he was gritty, played through an obvious injury and made a number of tough catches while getting hammered.  Brady didn't do him any favors on some of those throws and he made his QB look good on a few of them. I guess it's his curse to be compared to the former slot receiver. Well, I don't think Welker would have made some of those catches.

Edelman can't catch the ball, did I read that? What's he need to do to prove he's a real receiver? I thought he had a fine game. He outdid the great Welker, by the way.

Vereen was great. He might be the best all-around back this team has had since Curtis Martin. At least he has the skillset. I'm trying to think of a better one and I can't. He's like Faulk, just way quicker. I suspect we'll see more of him, although with this team you never know...

Heck, even Ghost got the job done!

On the negative side, the playcalling, a few defensive breakdowns. Still no pass rush. 

A fine first game.