Pass Rush, Pass Rush, Pass Rush - Why not say more TDs, more TDs, more TDs?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Pass Rush, Pass Rush, Pass Rush - Why not say more TDs, more TDs, more TDs?!

OK, everyone is agreed that we need a better pass rush.
    Everyone is also agreed that BB won't pick up a pass rusher.
    So does that mean we should stop talking about it and concentrate on things that are fixable with the current personnel? Saying we need a better pass rusher is about as pragmatic as saying TB should just throw more TDs. How?

As for a third receiver someone made the comment the other day about rehabilitating Galloway. Why not? 

Reality check: Julius Peppers, Terrell Owens and Brandon Jacobs aren't walking through that door.

Heck Javon Kersey, Marvin Harrison and Fred Taylor aren't walking through that door.

So then what? This is reality.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Pass Rush, Pass Rush, Pass Rush - Why not say more TDs, more TDs, more TDs?!

I never understood this kind of talk.  Total disregard for the salary cap and defensive or offensive scheme.  Selling the future for today thing drives me nuts too.  No reality at all. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Pass Rush, Pass Rush, Pass Rush - Why not say more TDs, more TDs, more TDs?!

In Response to Re: Pass Rush, Pass Rush, Pass Rush - Why not say more TDs, more TDs, more TDs?!:
    I never understood this kind of talk.  Total disregard for the salary cap and defensive or offensive scheme.  Selling the future for today thing drives me nuts too.  No reality at all. 
    Posted by garytx

Hello, he is the Fantasy LeBaron. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

These are what if threads that are usually predicated on no salary cap...at all.. and more like the Pats brass assembling a fantasy football team....The NFL simply does not work like fantasy football. I respond, but I usually say something "that's not grounded in reality" and follow it up by mentioning next years free agent crop (see Pats O Line) and the 2010 Draft where the Pats have 4 of the first 64....that's not ideal.....it is alot closer to reality than imagining how badly the Pats would have destroyed everyone if the only had....(insert name here)....

Miss the ol Fantasy Baron avatar already....Rudy Ray Moore or some equally badass dude vs...Vanilla Ice....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Are you kidding?  We are in desperate need of a pass rush!!! Tully Banta Cain is not the answer.    We need to get Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeney, Shawn Merriman, Elvis Dumervil, that guy for the Steelers, and Richard Seymour in Pats uniforms ASAP !!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I said it last week, I still haven't given up on Galloway and Maroney. I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong (and I'm not going anywhere) but I'm sticking with them. 

I do agree the pass rush is really bad but how many deals is a team who never does mid season trades going to pull off? 

If I had one choice and it was available I'd do a Jackson or Lynch first. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Pats could certainly pickup another Gaffney type WR, this would be the easiest position to fill and would certainly have the best impact.  RB would be more difficult and could only happen via trade.  But anything would be better than Maroney at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Gaffney looks good because McDainels is coaching him. He'd probably look as bad as Galloway if still on this team.  Lets face it--what they need is an offensive coordinator!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Pass Rush, Pass Rush, Pass Rush - Why not say more TDs, more TDs, more TDs?!:
    OK, everyone is agreed that we need a better pass rush. Everyone is also agreed that BB won't pick up a pass rusher. So does that mean we should stop talking about it and concentrate on things that are fixable with the current personnel? Saying we need a better pass rusher is about as pragmatic as saying TB should just throw more TDs. How? As for a third receiver someone made the comment the other day about rehabilitating Galloway. Why not?  Reality check: Julius Peppers, Terrell Owens and Brandon Jacobs aren't walking through that door. Heck Javon Kersey, Marvin Harrison and Fred Taylor aren't walking through that door. So then what? This is reality.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

Granted, Brady is in the process of recovering from his knee injury - and his timing is off with his receivers. However, it is totally unrealistic to expect them to achieve their TD scoring form that was shown in early 2007.  Opponents have adapted to that offense. The Patriots need to do OTHER things apart from passing to get us back to being a playoff caliber team.

Sections
Shortcuts