Pass Rush

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

Pass Rush

BB either needs to find a way to get a pass rush or become one of those gambling fast defenses (kind of like the first half of the COLTS game, but not sure why he stopped).  We have an overated D-line, they are only good at run blocking and a truly good line has to be able to do it all.  That said, if they fix the rush they are an elite team as the O is one of the best when they dont have to gamble from behind... 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Pass Rush

In Response to Pass Rush:
    [QUOTE]BB either needs to find a way to get a pass rush or become one of those gambling fast defenses (kind of like the first half of the COLTS game, but not sure why he stopped).  We have an overated D-line, they are only good at run blocking and a truly good line has to be able to do it all.  That said, if they fix the rush they are an elite team as the O is one of the best when they dont have to gamble from behind... 
    Posted by joncort2[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  Most of the Saints' yards today were either off of missed tackles or blown coverages.  I don't think it's a product of gambling or not, but rather an issue of executing the play and doing their jobs instead of free-roaming because they're frustrated.

I think the OFFENSIVE play calling is the real issue.  It's clear the Saints had the Pats figured out, and it didn't even take until halftime for them to do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I've been hoping over the past couple of years they would blitz like the Eagles to try and hide their weak secondary but after watching Brandon Merriweather on the Saints 9 second touchdown drive in the second quarter I should be much more careful in what I have been wishing for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It wasn't the pass rush that cost the Patriots in this game! It was the Secondary,what a joke! Merriweather tried too anticipate on route and then to boot they couldn't tackle my grandma!!! A bunch of Sissies tackling... It's a road loss and they needed to be perfect too win tonight,and they weren't even in the game after the INT by Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

In Response to Re: Pass Rush:
    Pees didn't mention any names today, but he pretty much said that one player made two huge mental mistakes that led to huge plays, and he said it was because they were not patient and playing within the system.  I think he was referring to Merriweather...  Merriweather may have choked on the big stage?  BB mentioned that the Saints had over 300 of their yards on 8 plays, that is huge and actually says that if they eliminate mental errors they may still be a decent team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I live in San Diego so I see a lot of Charger games unfortunately. Earlier in the year they could not get any QB pressure. Over the past few weaks they have blitzed a lot more which has lead to an increase in defensive big plays. I would argue with their injuries that their defensive line is much worse than ours. I realize the risks are greater but I can't recall any teams being able to increase a pass rush after 10 or 11 games without changing the players on the field or by increasing the number of rushers. Four rushers is just not getting it done, at least not against the good quarterbacks (Therefore, Jets games do not count). I still believe that our defensive backfield is better than last year, despite last nights debacle.  

Sections
Shortcuts