Pat Draft Blunder Revisited

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Pat Draft Blunder Revisited

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Typical Ostrich Society garbage...just recycled. 

[/QUOTE]

In response to a whole pile guano from the founding member of the Dodo Society  

[/QUOTE]

This latest post of yours is only slightly less witty and intelligent than your last bit of drivel, in which you infer that second round picks are meaningless...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Your reading comprehension is almost as weak as your analytical ability.  Yep, Dodo Society. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Macrawn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I did think Solder was a lost cause the way he starter the year but I think he's improved enough in pass protection and he was a monster run blocker from the very start so I guess I should be patient with Wilson, even though he hasn't shown anything other than average play. Considering the state of the secondary isn't isn't saying much that he started games and has gotten a lot of playing time. That would not have been the case if he had been drafted by nearly any other team. 

Last year's draft was excellent and the Pats have picked up some good players. If they would stay away from drafting corners and wr they would probably improve their drafts considerably. They should probably trade for those positions because I think that's where the majority of busts have been. 

[/QUOTE]

You thought Solder was a "lost cause" earlier in the year? Why? He's been great all year. The whole O Line has, actually.

[/QUOTE]

You are kidding right? He couldn't block anyone in pass protection the first 3-4 games this season. He was getting beat so bad he didn't try to block he just tried to take people's legs out. He's improved 10 fold since. His run blocking was never a question. He was getting pushed off his center of gravity by smaller guys who were getting up an under him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This latest post of yours is only slightly less witty and intelligent than your last bit of drivel, in which you infer that second round picks are meaningless...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Your reading comprehension is almost as weak as your analytical ability.  Yep, Dodo Society. 

[/QUOTE]

So, now you claim that you were misquoted, and/or misunderstood? Whatever...LOL!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Too early on Wilson but how about the steal of Dennard as a 7th rounder?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Granted, they have mostly been gimmies, but the kid has 4 picks. He holds on to the bal when he has a chance. If you are gonna go picking on players, I wouldnt choose Solder or Wilson. They both will be around a while. One because he is a stud and the other because the position is shaky and we dont exactly have Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed back there so his presence is welcomed. Its guys like Arrington who really cant cover or guys like Brace or Pryor im tired of because they dont play. If they cant stay healthy, cut them in favor of older vets who can help on the sidelines with their experience and help mentor. What good is having a bunch of young guys who cant stay healthy??? Atleast with older vets, they can help a la A.Pleasant, B.Hamilton, J.Green, etc. Where are all our veteran D lineman we used to have??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, now you claim that you were misquoted, and/or misunderstood? Whatever...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Well I certainly never said second round picks were "meaningless." So "LOL" right back at you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Liking Dennard and Talib with McCourty at FS. Again these guys have to play together more than one game for anyone to really know what they're capable of.

Also i do think that BB has had some trouble evaluating DBs, however, in his D, Linemen and LBs are valued higher than DBs.  Linemen put the pressure on and control the gaps and the LBs rack up tackles and force fumbles (cf; Mayo and Spikes).  That said, many teams are wasting very high picks (Clairborne, Gilmore) in search of the mythical shutdown corner. The only DBs drafted over the last 3 years I would want  are Sherman or Patrick Peterson. That's a very short list I am sure their are others, but you get the idea; maybe two or three other guys at most.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

TP is a teenage girl who texts "OMG, LOL" all day.  She is living in a fantasy land where her  team has to win the Super Bowl every year, year after year, and not lose any regular season games either, or even let the other team come within 3 scores of winning, or else she'll scream.

Wait I remember that girl:

Veruca Salt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Veruca Salt I want my Golden Egg Goose now! Nice reference Mighty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TP is a teenage girl who texts "OMG, LOL" all day.  She is living in a fantasy land where her  team has to win the Super Bowl every year, year after year, and not lose any regular season games either, or even let the other team come within 3 scores of winning, or else she'll scream.

Wait I remember that girl:

Veruca Salt

[/QUOTE]

Nice photo of you, Mighty...LOL!!

Sections
Shortcuts