Pat Kirwan's QB Rankings

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Pat Kirwan's QB Rankings

In Response to Re: Pat Kirwan's QB Rankings:
    [QUOTE]It's nuts to even keep going back and forth with him. Nothing's going to change.....we think Brady is better because he led his team to three rings and he thinks Manning is better based on individual achievement. I think he knows what the truth is but he's just too much of a Gomerhomer to admit it.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think Manning's better because he's better.  The accolades are simply other evidence of it.  I am Manning would give up those accolades for more superbowls, so Manning wants what Brady has, but that doesn't make Brady better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Ali.  Tyson might be able to win early in the rounds with a knockout, but the longer it would go, the more Ali's tactical supeirority would win out.  heh
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Ali in his prime would have shredded Tyson. The one heavyweight that might have beat him is Marciano, assuming Ali didn't cut him out of the fight, as Rocky couldn't be knocked out by a 2x4, and could hit so hard if he lasted until the late rounds he would have likely knocked Ali out. Of course if somehow they were both standing at the end of the fight, Ali would have won on points.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMex2. Show RonMex2's posts

Brady should be no# 1 but this:  Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills: The Bills know what they have in Fitzpatrick and passed on adding a quarterback in the draft. Get him some more protection and

targets, and he will improve on his stellar 2010 production-- really stellar?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pat Kirwan's QB Rankings : No offense babe but those comments show your age more than any great boxing knowledge
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

No offense taken. But Tyson just isn't in the same league with the other two.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Ahhhhhhhhh I see everything is still EXACTLY the same.  I thought for sure HRK got raptured.  Was kind of hoping he'd grab UD6 up and take him with him when he went.  Call it whatever you want, but if those guys go to heaven, I'm going to enjoy the other place WAY more.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pat Kirwan's QB Rankings : Gotta disagree. Tyson pre-Robin Givens, pre-King, with Kevin Rooney as trrainer, say 1985-89, was a monster who could move and hit as hard as any heavyweight ever, including Foreman. He was too big and strong for Marciano (who fought a lot of bums and an old age Joe Louis) who would be a light-heavy today. Ali, now that would have been a helluva fight. Probably Ali by a decision-if Tyson desn't knock him out in first 6 rounds. BTW I always thought Lenox Lewis was a really great fighter who never got the credoit he deserved. Definitely took on everyone there was to fight and avenged his only two losses.

I think you're selling Marciano short.

Check this.

"

Rocky had the worst technique of all the heavyweight champions. So how did he manage to win the championship? Joe Walcott was the man to beat, and he was no slouch. He came closer to putting Marciano down than anyone, and made Marciano look silly for 12 rounds. That’s a long time to weather Marciano’s power.

Then in the 13th, Walcott went for that “sneak right hand,” and Marciano had been waiting for it for a good 5 rounds. His right hand landed first, and it remains the hardest punch ever landed in a fight by anyone. The crowd roared, but when Walcott went down, he didn’t try to get up. He just slumped with his left arm over the bottom rope, and the referee could have counted to 10,000. The arena went deathly silent. Those in the first several rows heard the thump and feared that Marciano had snapped Walcott’s neck with one swing.

His cornermen spent 3 minutes waking him up with smelling salts. He claimed not to remember it. Marciano’s secret for winning consisted of a number of factors, all of which came naturally to him. He loved to train, as opposed to a lot of boxers these days, and ran 5 miles every day, 365 days a year, up and down the steep hills around Brockton, Mass. He’d sprint up, sprint down backward, forward, with 30-pound weights on his shoes.

“If you train like I do, your legs’ll carry you 40 rounds,” he once said. About his power, he explained, “I don’t aim for his face. I aim for the back of his head.” He trained his punches on a special, 300-pound heavy bag, because the normal 80-pound bags no longer held up to his power. After a while, he was able to bend the 300 pounder in half with either fist.

About a month before a fight, he’d run 10 miles a day, then 12 to 15 in the last two weeks before the fight. When he got in the ring, he had power beyond belief, an inexhaustible reserve of energy, and a steel chin that didn’t mind going through Hell to get close to his opponent. All of this more than made up for his relatively small stature, only 5’10.5”, 189 lbs at most, with a reach of only 67 inches. Walcott’s was 74 inches.

He was a swinging machine, who didn’t seem to know the use of fear. “I was too busy getting hit.” He didn’t seem to notice the pain of the punches. “No, I was too busy getting hit.” Archie Moore, his last opponent, said, “It was like fighting an airplane propeller. He had no footwork to stay out of my reach, but then I was the one who wanted to stay out of his. I tried to make him punch himself out, but he never ran out of gas.”

In the 6th round of their fight, Marciano threw haymakers and uppercuts for 45 seconds, nonstop, at the dodging Old Mongoose, most missing or glancing off the top of his head and shoulders, but Marciano just kept swinging until Moore dodged into one too many. When asked later which punch hurt the most, he said, “Man, they all hurt! It was like getting hit with a blackjack or a bag of rocks.”

Marciano put Carmine Vingo in a coma with one punch to the temple. When Vingo recovered, he retired. Marciano pounded on Roland LaStarza’s forearms and shoulders nonstop for 3 rounds, until LaStarza’s arms hurt so badly that he couldn’t lift them to his face. Then Marciano knocked him through the ropes. LaStarza’s forearms were both broken, and their bruises were beaten into thick jelly that had to be surgically removed."

Marciano was a monster. All you could do is cut him. 49-0 with 43 KOs. Did you ever see the computer fight with Ali and Him? Interesting.

Yeah, Lewis was a good champ, and Holmes was another underrated one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Ahhhhhhhhh I see everything is still EXACTLY the same.  I thought for sure HRK got raptured.  Was kind of hoping he'd grab UD6 up and take him with him when he went.  Call it whatever you want, but if those guys go to heaven, I'm going to enjoy the other place WAY more.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

The Lord loves Colts fans.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pat Kirwan's QB Rankings : I said Ali would beat Tyson. Tyson was so good he didn't play defense/didn't have to. When he did have to, which was incredibly rare,   Also, the quality of heavyweights was a little stronger in Ali's era. The only way Tyson would have beaten Ali is if Tyson was more serious about being a better technical fighter and wasn't a total cuckoo. Like I said, he would have had to get Ali in Rounds 1-3, to have a shot.  If not, Ali would have toyed with him and then finished him. Ali lost fights, by the way.  Sonny Liston would have been a problem for Ali for years later if he hadn't OD'd.  I wish Foreman started earlier, he too, would have been a major problem for Ali in his prime. That one fiight wasn';t enough. Not sure who was dodging who at that point.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

If Ali had a weakness it would be against guys like Frazier, Tyson or Marciano. Big hitters, if they could last might wear Ali down through just beating him up and eventually taking away his speed. Easier said than done. They would have to hope to KO him in the later rounds once he got worn out from the beating, and they would have to still have some motor despite the lashing Ali was giving them.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pat Kirwan's QB Rankings : The Lord loves Colts fans.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
      You keep telling yourself that.  Whatever keeps you from crying yourself to sleep at night.  Funny he only got you the ONE superbowl victory.  And he sure didn't help your QB to cement his place in history by keeping him from THROWING away the other one.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

List your top 3 worst QBs in SB history.

Rex Grossman
    Tony Eason
    Neil O'Donnell

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pat Kirwan's QB Rankings : Completely agree on Holmes-overlooked cause he followed Ali but a GREAT fighter in his day. I am not putting Rocky down-he is an all-timer and undefeated. I am just saying times change and the fighters change and- like ALL fighters- he fought his share of stiffs and tomato cans to go with the greats. They all do it and always have, not just Marciano. And I know his reputation for toughness and power were well-earned. But you made it sound like Tyson would be no problem for him or Ali in his prime and that's way off base. Tyson was a monster in his albeit short prime.

Tyson would have been a problem for anybody, in his prime. He could probably have killed cattle with one punch, or probably me.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I believe BR had the worst passer rating in SB history.