Pat White

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Pat White

This guy is a winner and he can throw, catch and run. Definitely a versatile player the Patriots can use. So many other teams could use him too however. What a weapon on offense. Imagine him as the wildcat QB,RB/WR.

Where will he be drafted is the question.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Pat White

I'd guess that if the Pats are serious about him either 47 or 58. He likely won't be there at the end of the third round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I'd guess that if the Pats are serious about him either 47 or 58. He likely won't be there at the end of the third round.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

The Jets, Denver and Philly are also very interested in White.  Denver is working him out as just a QB.  This could drive him up the boards.  Kyle you are spot on.  White will no longer be there in the 3rd and could be taken in the middle of the 2nd.  Of the teams reportedly interested here's the deal.

NE 47
    DEN 48
    NYJ 52
    PHI 53
    NE 58

It looks like if we are going to go after him it will have to be with #47 assuming no one else moves up.  I've been saying this for awhile, White makes sense for us for two reasons, keeps him away from the Jets forcing them further down the depth chart of the draft for a QB and saves us a roster spot, really two if you think about it. Drafting White allows us to cut Gutierrez and Aiken.  Gutierrez can no longer be on the practice squad so he would have to take up a 53 man spot.  Since I see White as a contributor on ST and as our #5 WR and as a wildcat he'd be our #2 QB allowing us to have O'Connell as our emergency #3 meaning he can suit up but not count against the 45 game day roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I like P White, but I don't think he's worth a #2 to the Pats.

With a #2, we could add a FS, OG, WR, ILB that could make an impact.

My take....pass on Pat in 2nd round. If he's there in 3rd.....hell yeah!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Posted by KyleCleric2
    This is one of two or three players the PATS are truly interested in for all the reasons stated plus he's accurate in the passing game and NE must find a replacement for Brady who just turned 34 I believe.  You're correct he will not be available at 47 or 58, but he most likely will be at 23 or 34. It's according to how impressive he was at his tryout. My guess  he'll be in NE if available at 23 or 34. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Sonie,

I wouldn't take him at 23 or 34.  Let some other team (Jets) reach for him.  Brady turns 32 in August but your point is well taken.  Brady is entering his 10th season.  Aikman retired after 12 seasons, Marino after 13.  I use those two guys as comparison since both are Hall of Famers who played with great supporting casts in the modern era.  We should realistically expect that Brady has 3, maybe 4 years left.  We should expect to start seeing some decline in his game and mobility any time now but certainly by next season.

If our interest in White is a smokescreen it could work very effectively against the Jets.  They have limited picks at 17, 52, 76, 115, 193 and 228(comp).  If they think we'd pull the trigger on White at 47, they would need to move ahead which means they'd be talking to teams at 44-46.  To move there they would have to trade 52, 115, and 193.  This leaves them 17, 76 and 228 for the rest of the draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

THIS IS THE BIGGEST SMOKE SCREEN PERPETRATED BY BB. 

And you're all falling for it...

You all can't be falling for this?  He's barely 6'.  He'd be fun to watch and see what happens but since when does that concept fall into BB's plan?  Oh right, you're thinking we're going to start running the great Wildcat offense!!!  C'mon seriously?  The Fins got away with it because we weren't prepped for it but no way in HE-hockeysticks does BB start following a fad that will go the way of the flea flicker.  

Another bogus thread.  

The ONLY reason BB might grab this kid is because of his versatility as a WR but that's the ONLY reason.

Sober up fellas. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]The ONLY reason BB might grab this kid is because of his versatility as a WR but that's the ONLY reason. Sober up fellas. 
    Posted by dantehopkins[/QUOTE]

You better start thinking about a QB for the near future, Brady is 32 and coming off a severe knee injury. You better hope O'Connell is the next Cassel because if Brady gets hurt again he will be asked to step in. QB depth is crucial whether it's Pat White or someone else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]THIS IS THE BIGGEST SMOKE SCREEN PERPETRATED BY BB.  And you're all falling for it... You all can't be falling for this?  He's barely 6'.  He'd be fun to watch and see what happens but since when does that concept fall into BB's plan?  Oh right, you're thinking we're going to start running the great Wildcat offense!!!  C'mon seriously?  The Fins got away with it because we weren't prepped for it but no way in HE-hockeysticks does BB start following a fad that will go the way of the flea flicker.   Another bogus thread.   The ONLY reason BB might grab this kid is because of his versatility as a WR but that's the ONLY reason. Sober up fellas. 
    Posted by dantehopkins[/QUOTE] I havn't drank a thing and I still think its a real possiblity. The Pats do not want him as a Qb, but he would be a real VALUABLE asset if we have someone who can be creative drawing up plays. When he is in the  game, he could give the opposing DC a headache. They wouldn't know if he was going to run, catch or pass the ball, or just a decoy. This would be alot harder to defend than the wildcat. And he is also a return man. I  definatly think he is worth a mid 2nd round pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

White is an intriguing prospect. He offers skills and value at the QB, RB, and WR positions on offense and also value on special teams. In terms of personality, winning track record, and other intangibles, he's the kind of player BB likes to have as a leader on his team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Wow, people are realy buying into the hype with this guy........