PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

I'd advise everyone to read the grand jury testimony, if you've the stomach for it, and then attempt to defend "Jo Pa."  EVERY head should roll.  Those kids deserve justice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccastro73. Show ccastro73's posts

Everyone,
    We must remember that the current student body bears no reflection of the behaviors of the perpetrating administration.  THEY DID NOT FACILITATE THE ALEDGED ABUSE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GuessMyName. Show GuessMyName's posts

Said Bishop Paterno to Cardinal Sandusky: HOW ABOUT THOSE GIANTS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!:
    [QUOTE]I'd advise everyone to read the grand jury testimony, if you've the stomach for it, and then attempt to defend "Jo Pa."  EVERY head should roll.  Those kids deserve justice.
    Posted by saxydogg77[/QUOTE]

I do not know how grand juries work in Pennsylvania but in California the defendent is unable to question any witnesses. They are not even allowed to be present if they are not testifying. The cases are entirely one sided by the prosecution. That is why every one has the right to a jury trial in front of their "peers". We all know of innocent people who have been prosecuted, no doubt their grand jury trials included repellant testimony. Read about the Dale Akiki case which occured in my home town back in the early 90's. An innocent man was accused of molestation and his life was ruined. I'm not saying Sandusky is innocent but before we throw Paterno under the bus (an old man who has yet to be charged with any crime) let the facts come out first. If he knowingly hid evidence to win football games that is one thing, believing a long time friend is innocent is another. There are still people who believe OJ Simpson is innocent so until Paterno actually answers questions I will withhold from calling him a fraud.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]His simply reporting to school administrators and not going to authorities makes his firing mandatory. And it could well be that he never reported anything and the school administrators are covering for him.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

dude knew since 2002 and kept this guy.
    his wr receiver coach saw a 10 yr old child being raped in the football players shower and told paterno. everybody kept their job. the child rapist, the wr coach who didnt stop it or call the police. and paterno. who did nothing.
     count me fooled on peterno. shame on the university as well who were told at the time of the event. later there were more accounts the university, et al were made aware of without actually seeing the event themselves (and did nothing)
    shocking....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patentphd. Show patentphd's posts

College head coaches get to hire and fire their staff.
    Paterno knew about sandusky as early as 2002 (maybe 1998, or even 1996) and did not fire him.
    What else does anybody need to know?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]College head coaches get to hire and fire their staff. Paterno knew about sandusky as early as 2002 (maybe 1998, or even 1996) and did not fire him. What else does anybody need to know?
    Posted by patentphd[/QUOTE]

He was not fired because Sandusky had allready retired in 1999.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from max0823. Show max0823's posts

I think Joe likes the locker room action in some way, Letting Jerry S take little boys into the facility and lying to the grand jury and making it sound trivial come on.he's in on it somehow. That was a scary bit of info that Jerry has 6 adopted kids. the wife mus be real understanding.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anti-Lib. Show Anti-Lib's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :  He was not fired because Sandusky had allready retired in 1999.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]A minor detail the knuckle draggers tend to overlook in their blind rage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phenix7. Show Phenix7's posts

The greatest coach ever!  But not a good man!  He should have protected the children for they are the victims.  JoePa should be in jail as he allowed Sandusky the freedom to repeat his act.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phenix7. Show Phenix7's posts

I read the indictment, and I agree.  If you haven't read it, then don't make a statement until you know the facts. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sobebill. Show sobebill's posts

you can sugar coat this all you like, but the sad truth is as a decent moral and courageous human being paterno fell way short.....he clearly knew enough to go directly to the proper authorities (police) to have this think looked into back in 2002....by God, sandusky admitted to showering with a boy back in 1998 in a taped confession stating that he felt like he should kill himself......Paterno knew at that time what this predator was all about and Chose to do the bare minimum about it.....he deserved to get fired in disgrace wwithout sympathy for others this far outweighs his accomplishments in his lifs work as a coach

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :  Very good post TP. I have children myself but I am wary about jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts. Jumping to conclusions is what the media and the public do time after time in this country. The primary concern for the press is to make money selling papers or selling advertisements. Convict them on page 1 and then exonerate them on page 50 nine months later. 
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

the facts are in the grand jury testimony, some of which was made public. see my earlier post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :  He was not fired because Sandusky had allready retired in 1999.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

sandusky ran a childrens program (for at risk children) on the penn state campus using the team's facilities (after the fact of this shower scene where a coach saw it), and till just now when the it hit the fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The greatest coach ever!  But not a good man!  He should have protected the children for they are the victims.  JoePa should be in jail as he allowed Sandusky the freedom to repeat his act.
    Posted by Phenix7[/QUOTE]

thank you. i totally concur. its got nothing to do with football (except it may have been the reason for abandoning morals, ethics and humanity to protect the football team and a friend maybe).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plluto29. Show Plluto29's posts

It is only going to get worse for Paterno. I see criminal charges being brought against him for his obvious indifference to the children attacked.  More coverups will be exposed and Paterno forever disgraced.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mauthedog. Show mauthedog's posts

People generally say "There are two types of people in the world...."

In this case there seem to be two types of people...Those who excuse Paterno because of who he is, and those who say his [lack of] actions are made worse because of who he is.

BTW, I can't understand how [according to the radio] the acting coach now is the guy who first witnessed the act and mentioned it to Paterno.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fred6060. Show Fred6060's posts

Where and what will happen to the teaching assistant who said he witnessed Sandusky performing this sick and disgusting acts? Is he being fired from whatever job he now holds?  Is he being put forth in the press as someone who should have gone to the authorities?  He went to his boss.  Paterno, listening to this accuser did his part and went to his boss.  His boss should have gone to the president and the president should have gone to authorities.  To say that it was Paterno's responsibility to automatically go to the police is wrong.  To say that Paterno was to completely believe and accept the word of the accuser is wrong.

Personally, I believe all Pedophiles should, once found guilty, taken out back and shot.  They have absolutely NO REDEEMING QUALITIES and at the risk of offending all of you liberals that say he should be offered the opportunity to be 'rehabilitated', his behavior CANNOT ever be changed.  Set free, he will do it again.

Now, where are all of you indignant people when it comes to Obama's AG who is crying that he 'wasn't aware' of guns going across the border?  Should he not be automatically fired?  People were murdered because of this stupid and ignorant decision to sell guns to criminals.  But, as is well noted, the AG is protected and defended by the same media that is crucifying Paterno.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This guys is a scum bag and I wouldnt be surprised if he was involved as well as he looks like a creepy old man. I wouldnt trust anyone in that school and everyone from top to bottom should be investigated

I mean really does anyone else find it strange how none of these school kids have morals. Were there keeping quiet for a reason too. Lining up at the guys house to support him?  I mean these guys are pieces of dirt, scumback predators and a lot fo folks are fine with it, they almost let this clown retire on his own.

Something is wrong with our society for sure. I hope they give Sandusky Life and he gets it with the broom up to the bristles every day of his life in the joint

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duckster. Show Duckster's posts

Besides agreeing with his firing and culpability, and the hideous reality of what Sandusky did, can't wait to see the list of civil suits mounting to hundreds of millions against PSU and all involved.  Second, the NCAA hasn't weighed in at all.  I'm sure there will be something from the them as well.  Dept of Education is involved. 
    I don't wonder why he was fired as the heinous nature of Sandusky's crime (I read the grand jury info on the web, read it if you can), and the liabilities to PSU required this step immediately, if not sooner.  Paternal (pun intended) should have recognized what he didn't do in 2002.  Why did he fire Standusky then any way?  1998 incident of Sandusky arrest for similar event?  Sandusky was a heck of a defensive coordinator by all accounts.  
    Paterno is unconnected to the real world.  He does not recognize the impact he had, and unaware of the impact he could have had; and couldn't recognize his responsibility then or now. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Some things we do know (italics are my thoughts):

The 28 yr old coaching assistant who witnessed the act didn't stop the act and waited for a day to report it to Paterno.

Should be fired and in jail. How do you witness a kid being sexually abused and not stop it in the act? Then not even go to the cops? I understand reporting to your superior but when kids are involved you have to take it further yourself and report it to not only your superior but to the right authorities

Paterno who reported to the AD after thinking about it for a day.

This is where the grey area comes into account but he should be fired. He did the right thing reporting it to his superior. The grey area is that it wasn't enough. After hearing about it he should have asked the coaching assistant if he reported to the police and if not encourage that he do so. Then with the AD was informed he should have followed up on it repeatedly. You hear these allegations but still let him attend practices with child? It's like watching someone stick some Spanish fly into a drink and not do anything about it.

The AD and President never bothered calling the cops and never enforced the judgement to keep Sandusky away from the campus with kids.

Should be fired and in jail. He finds out about the abuse, doesn't report it and tells security and the staff that Sandusky is not allowed on campus with kids anymore. Then turns around and says that it's unenforceable? How many more kids were abused on campus because the upper management looked the other way.

The cops who over heard Sandusky admit to touching kids.

This one I'm a bit unclear on. A mother confronted Sandusky and ask if he touched her kid. Cops waiting in the bushes over heard Sandusky saying "well I might have". I don't know what happened after that. If nothing happened then these cops need to be fired immediately. If they took the proper steps and arrested Sandusky and this is how it all started then good for them

The janitors who reported other incidents.

Another grey area but janitors also reported case of Sandusky in the showers. Same as with the coach assistant if they saw or knew it happened and never tried to stop it or go to the police then they need to be fired and arrested

No one in this is clean and something needs to be done. 1 kid being sexually abused is 1 kid to many but now we're hearing of 20+ kids on the Penn State campus? How could this possibly be allowed to continue after the first report?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

All that is required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]I'd advise everyone to read the grand jury testimony, if you've the stomach for it, and then attempt to defend "Jo Pa."  EVERY head should roll.  Those kids deserve justice.
    Posted by saxydogg77[/QUOTE]

I was going to post this about the grand jury.  I got half way through the first page and had to stop...

When you think about college you think about a place that children grow into adults, at least that is what I think of.  My daughter who is 10, was invited to a honor society type event in Washington DC. I got the letter 2 weeks ago and I have been on the fence about sending her, but after this story, I have decided there is no chance I let her go since I do not know the chaperones.

To send your kid to a football camp where you think that the people in charge of your kids safety are GREAT people that dedicate their lives to helping children only to later find out that they have done unspeakable things to your innocent child is more than I could stomach.

Someone spoke about reagan not knowing he signed the Iran/Contra agreement?  Maybe if one of Reagan's aides came to him about witnessing someone on his staff sodomizing a 10 year old and Reagan did nothing then you can draw the parallel.  This is even worse imo. 

the whitehouse is not a place for children really.  it could be but it is not DIRECTLY dedicated to children.  That is what makes this one of the highest levels of betrayal of trust. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE] I appreciate your well thought out post TexasPat3  ( and welcome to the wonderful world of Boston.com posting LittleLester / HATCH / Billsox15 / nhbrownman  )    Please answer me this :  If Joe Pa was NOT a legendary football coach ( but instead something like the schools Lacrosse coach )   Would ANYBODY be defending his inaction ?

RESPONSE: Nobody would be making a big deal about the alleged "inaction" of the Lacrosse coach. They would instead be focusing solely on why his boss, the AD, and his school, didn't do more. Because he is Joe Paterno, he is being held to a higher standard.

IMO ... It's because he was a legendary coach  , that it actually makes it worse. Paterno was GOD on that campus and if he wanted his "friend" stopped ( aka -the police involved ) ...the perv would have been arrested on the spot. ( Ironically it would have been the best thing Paterno could have done to help his "friend" - as the pediphile could have gotten the help he needed )

RESPONSE: The only reason this is a story is because Paterno is involved. The media loves to destroy legends. It's a reporter's ticket to the top echelons of their "profession". Look what they tried to do to BB. Young punk John Tomase fell all over himself to nail BB...just to make a name for himself. No sir...these so-called protectors of freedom of speech and justice have become nothing more than greedy, self serving, political tools. The more I'm hearing about this, the more I'm seeing it as an attack by a bunch of self righteous jackals on an 84 year old man.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]It is only going to get worse for Paterno. I see criminal charges being brought against him for his obvious indifference to the children attacked.  More coverups will be exposed and Paterno forever disgraced.
    Posted by Plluto29[/QUOTE]

What "obvious indifference"? He did report it. We don't know what, if anything else, he did. "He should have called the police", is the outcry. But, if the alleged eye witness who say it didn't think it worthy of informing the police, if after some sort of internal investigation, the AD and President of the University didn't think a call to the police was merited, why should Paterno have called them? 

If it eventually comes to light that Paterno participated in a cover-up, fry him! But, if that's not the case, let's stop sensationalizing the story just because Paterno was involved. 

Paterno did act. Hindsight is always 20/20...and, in hindsight, he could have, and should have done more. But, if he were, say, a non-descript college professor, who got involved in a similar way...there's no story here.

Certainly, based on what we no so far, Paterno did nothing criminal.  

Sections
Shortcuts